**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

In Need of Professional Abyss Advice

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
The team is ready. I've got R5 Ægon, HT, SS, NF, and Quake all at R5. That's my team. That's set. I know there's good reason to replace Quake with Heimdall, but the evade charges will give me comfort and I feel that I could actually put Quake to work in Abyss as well.

I am now in the unit saving stage which should become a lot easier once I unlock suicides next month and can actually stand grinding arena. (I'm gifting myself the cores so it won't cost me anything, sorry not sorry.) I'm at 2k rn, but I want to play it extremely safe and save up about 6k along with stashed revives. (I'm worried I'll get stuck in the Cyclops fight which is why I want to save so much.)

If I don't naturally awaken HT or get a Science AG to use on him, I'll chuck a generic into him just for safety. Plus, there are only a handful of champs I want to awaken if I pull them, and I have gems of most classes for em. All the other champs on my team are awakened minus Quake, and Ægon's max sig.

Now that you know where I stand, the questions:

Should I put Science sig stones into HT or save them for CAIW? They won't be used on a Void at any point since he'll be nigh-worthless to me running suicides. If so, what's a sweet spot?

HT or Ægon for IMIW on the easy path? Would Ægon's AAR stop his power gain from proccing?

My plan is to leave suicides off as I'm building up Ægon so I can Sp1 spam, then have them on for every Ægon fight from there on out plus Petrify so I can get throw Sp3's and get in more hits while they're stunned without pushing them to their own Sp3. Are there any other fights I should have suicides on for? HT loses incinerate duration while under the effect of a bleed, but his big damage is gonna come in long after the double edge bleed has expired. I'll mainly be Sp3 spamming with SS, especially on VtD with 3/5 in MD. And with Nick vs Invisible Woman, I can just shrug off the suicide debuffs and the exhaustions from fighting IW will heal back whatever I lose from recoil, right? Basically, which fights should I have suicides on for, cause I feel like I'm missing something.

Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Unio77 said:

With the name of the title I thought you wanted to hire a merc to do abyys for ya 😂🥴

I thought the exact same thing 😂
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Unio77 said:

With the name of the title I thought you wanted to hire a merc to do abyys for ya 😂🥴

Unio77 said:

I thought the exact same thing 😂
    Woopsie. 😂

The new title might be a tad better.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Etjama said:

The team is ready. I've got R5 Ægon, HT, SS, NF, and Quake all at R5. That's my team. That's set. I know there's good reason to replace Quake with Heimdall, but the evade charges will give me comfort and I feel that I could actually put Quake to work in Abyss as well.

I am now in the unit saving stage which should become a lot easier once I unlock suicides next month and can actually stand grinding arena.
    (I'm gifting myself the cores so it won't cost me anything, sorry not sorry.) I'm at 2k rn, but I want to play it extremely safe and save up about 6k along with stashed revives. (I'm worried I'll get stuck in the Cyclops fight which is why I want to save so much.)

If I don't naturally awaken HT or get a Science AG to use on him, I'll chuck a generic into him just for safety. Plus, there are only a handful of champs I want to awaken if I pull them, and I have gems of most classes for em. All the other champs on my team are awakened minus Quake, and Ægon's max sig.

Now that you know where I stand, the questions:

Should I put Science sig stones into HT or save them for CAIW? They won't be used on a Void at any point since he'll be nigh-worthless to me running suicides. If so, what's a sweet spot?

HT or Ægon for IMIW on the easy path? Would Ægon's AAR stop his power gain from proccing?

My plan is to leave suicides off as I'm building up Ægon so I can Sp1 spam, then have them on for every Ægon fight from there on out plus Petrify so I can get throw Sp3's and get in more hits while they're stunned without pushing them to their own Sp3. Are there any other fights I should have suicides on for? HT loses incinerate duration while under the effect of a bleed, but his big damage is gonna come in long after the double edge bleed has expired. I'll mainly be Sp3 spamming with SS, especially on VtD with 3/5 in MD. And with Nick vs Invisible Woman, I can just shrug off the suicide debuffs and the exhaustions from fighting IW will heal back whatever I lose from recoil, right? Basically, which fights should I have suicides on for, cause I feel like I'm missing something.

Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.

My view is (and I’ve only done the easy path so not sure if I count as “professional”

1. Save your science stones for Cap

2. Aegon for IMIW due to the damage output but he won’t stop the powergain I seem to remember (could be wrong on that point though)

3. Turn suicides on as soon as Aegon is ramped up. You don’t “need” them on for any fights but the damage will save you revives.

4. I used Nick for IW but a lot of people I know found Aegon more useful
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    1. Cap IW. You’ll be spending revives in there anyway, you’ll get it eventually. Depends how much you value a ton of utility on Cap IW compared to a few more revives

2. Ægon. He’ll have that permanent armour up, so torch will only land once incinerates through heavy during the last phase. Ægon should just be able to use his true accuracy. To be honest, you can’t go wrong with either. Can build Ægon up a bit more on it if you decide to go that route

3. I think you’ve got your suicide plan down to a tee. I would be hesitant to use them with sun since he can throw down with the SP2 and it’s not a bad idea to throw them

Good luck. I know you can do it
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    plenty of help on Facebook if you know what I mean

this is a joke pls no ban

1. Cap IW. You’ll be spending revives in there anyway, you’ll get it eventually. Depends how much you value a ton of utility on Cap IW compared to a few more revives

2. Ægon. He’ll have that permanent armour up, so torch will only land once incinerates through heavy during the last phase. Ægon should just be able to use his true accuracy. To be honest, you can’t go wrong with either. Can build Ægon up a bit more on it if you decide to go that route

3. I think you’ve got your suicide plan down to a tee. I would be hesitant to use them with sun since he can throw down with the SP2 and it’s not a bad idea to throw them

Good luck. I know you can do it

Awesome, thanks. Rewatching some vids of SS vs VtD and other champs, I think you're right. The Sp2 will help a lot. Probably won't put on suicides for him.
    HI_guys said:

As a "professional Abyss clearer" let me tell you that bringing in Quake is a mistake. That last 1% health you cling on to is massive.

Especially against the collecter. That man is the biggest revive sink and evade charges are terrible because you can't pull the aegon heavy trick.

With Heimdall you can easily be on the brink of death and still come out on top. Also max limber

One of my big worries is being able to ramp up Ægon. I am by no means a great player and will probably lose my combo multiple times without the evades. I know I could use Quake in some fights and I could always kill her off at the boss for the sake of using the heavy trick with Ægon. I'll definitely put more consideration into Heimdall though, thanks. Max Limber was part of the plan.
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 558 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    @Etjama mate this is one abyss thread i liked. Please share your mastery setup once you are done with abyss clear. And your strategy once u started tackling the actual fights. I have starred this thread for future referance...
    rcm2017 said:

@Etjama mate this is one abyss thread i liked. Please share your mastery setup once you are done with abyss clear. And your strategy once u started tackling the actual fights. I have starred this thread for future referance...

...thanks? I'll most likely make a thread sharing my Abyss experience once I'm all done. I'll remember to tag you. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long. Between the 2k units I have now, the 200k battlechips I'll be opening during Christmas, the arena grinding I'll be doing, Marvel Insider rewards, Act 6 compensation, and the couple of daily unit cards I'll be buying, I'm hoping to get in there very soon.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

As a "professional Abyss clearer" let me tell you that bringing in Quake is a mistake. That last 1% health you cling on to is massive.

Especially against the collecter. That man is the biggest revive sink and evade charges are terrible because you can't pull the aegon heavy trick.

With Heimdall you can easily be on the brink of death and still come out on top. Also max limber

I agree with 100% of this. You won’t want the quake evade-synergy when Aegon is ramped up & you want to heavy-counter. Having Heimdall on my team saved me a lot of items and allowed me to do more damage, especially against the collector.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Put the stones in Cap, Torch doesn’t really need the levels for Abyss. You really only need the Prefight for Mephisto and you should be able to oneshot him

Put the stones in Cap, Torch doesn’t really need the levels for Abyss. You really only need the Prefight for Mephisto and you should be able to oneshot him

Well Cap's not actually duped yet, but I'm planning to save them based on everyone's responses. Thanks.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Best of luck for your abyss run man.