**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ægon Rank Up Dilemma

HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
Forming a single T5CC of the class you really want takes a lot (sorry, a bit lazy right now to find a more appropriate adjective) of time. And deciding to consume one is no easy feat even when you already have a champion worth using it on.

Here's what I have:

Here's my problem:
I haven't done initial completion of Abyss and exploration of Labyrinth. I know he'll make both of these significantly quicker to finish. But after that, I'm not sure whether or not the bridged gap between rank 2 and rank 3 will be as beneficial for Act 6 exploration and the upcoming Act 7/Book 2 Act 1.

Don't have another skill champ that's more deserving of the rank up, or at least I think I don't.

This is the point where I'll have to ask for insight from the community, especially those who've already smashed the contents mentioned above. Is it worth it or not? Thanks in advance. 🍻

Ægon Rank Up Dilemma 90 votes

Rank him up
94%
winterthurGamerdanielmathDrOctavius2_2World EaterphillgreenBpn88855nameplasUncle_Fatty_247CropDusterAb_SamadKabiraz77Osfan8Hammerbro_64DogfoodLidSandeepSReferenceWicket329JumpthesharkTheHoodedDormammu 85 votes
Hold on to it for someone else
5%
Alex13369Foxhero007TotalMonster109dangarang122Zura_1 5 votes

Comments

• ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Who else would you use it on? Do you have 5r5 aegon? I was recently put in a similar position.

I have a fully maxed 5*

• HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    I'm probably overthinking this. Just can't take the painstaking effort piecing together that skill t5cc out of my head, hence my doubt.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Rank him up

At sig 100 absolutely. Prestige boost, will make lab and abyss much easier, hell you can use him in act 6 if you’re patient enough. If he was like sig 20 it’d be another matter but at sig 100 for your first r3 there’s no question.

he's sig 180, so it's an even bigger yes. Fury is the only champ you could pull (twice) where you'd regret ranking aegon, but doing abyss will give you more resources so it's a no brainer IMO
    Yo thanks I can’t read apparently 8 and 0 are the same 🤣😅
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I think a rank 3 Aegon might be enough to shave a revive of of most of his fights in AoL, especially since you already have him at such a high sig making the ramp up take no longer than it would with a 5 star. The extra damage and hits that you get from a Rank 3 will really add up to revives saved. Also, you've clearly already committed to Aegon being your skill character for your stones so if prestige means anything to you, I'd go ahead and rank him up.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Rank him up
    Absolutely, but don’t sleep on that Killmonger either. I pulled Ægon after I took my unduped Killmonger to R3, only 20% away from taking Ægon to R3

I don’t regret Killmonger to r3 at all. Put in a lot of work
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,012 ★★★★★
    Rank him up
    I have an r3 Aegon and just completed my fourth abyss run over the weekend and I can’t tell you how many revives he saved me. He can also be a surprisingly potent War defender on the right nodes and is useful in plenty of other content and will continue to be far into the future. Aegon is one of those future-proofed champs whose kit will always be useful for something.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Rank him up
    R3 Ægon, he's a monster and has a skillset no other champ has. I took my Ægon to R3 and maxed his sig over the weekend. Cleared a few paths in Act 6 with ease. He'll be a monster for new content and will be running some more Abyss soon because he will make that so much easier.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Rank him up
    Aegon. He’s so much more than an abyss clearer. He has loads of utility including the ability to shrug off all debuffs.
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Rank him up
    dude, he can help a lot on act 6 especially grandmaster
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Rank him up
    Do it. I haven’t explored all of act 6 yet but when I need to run a path in 6.4 for 1/2 a t2a I bring him on my teams bc he shrugs off a lot and he can out damage a lot of damage restricting nodes in act 6 and do big bursts of damage once built up by just starting the fight with a heavy attack instead of starting fight with parry or dex... he’s def worth it if you have to explore act 6, do abyss and lab if u get bored... I just did my initial abyss run on my main profile without Aegon and it was HELL!! I’m bout to do initial run on my 2nd with 5/66 Sig 200 Aegon and I already know it’ll be SO MUCH better just bc I know how abyss WITHOUT Aegon is... I’m sure he’ll have his used in act 7 as well with how beefy I’m sure they’ll make the health pools until they eventually “nerf” the content in a few months. DO IT!!!!!!