**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Cyber weekend and holidays moving forwards

Stark154667Stark154667 Posts: 1,151 ★★★★
@Kabam Miike said

"Hey all,

Apologies for being quiet here, but we've already said that we're going to take this information forward to the team for the future.

If you'd like to offer more information on what you'd like to see in offers, or how you think they can be better tailored to Summoners in certain brackets or independent of them, we'd love to hear it, and there has been a lot in here that has already been passed on.

How would you like to see days like this play out? Should days like this even happen anymore? This is the kind of feedback that can be taken to the team."

And I would like for him to have some constructive feedback. I think that it would help to have a player offer review panel who get shown the deals (at least for big events like Cyber Weekend and July 4th), so that they can comment on whether they think the deals will be received well. I think that while days like this are fun for those who spend a crazy amount, they can also seem demoralising for your average Summoner, as they see others progressing more rapidly in one day than they have in 6-8 months. We need to strike a balance and in the future, I hope that Kabam will perhaps make the gifting event more about money spend and Cyber Weekend solely cache based offers. Or perhaps July 4th cash and Cyber Weekend cache or vice versa. I hope that this is constructive and I urge everyone to comment on their views as to what they hope to see moving forwards rather than personal attacks or comments on this years deal. That thread is dead and buried, lets leave the past in the past and work together for a better future.

Your hopeful Summoner

Comments

• Since the main thread was closed which wasn't really that surprising I've opened this new one with the purpose to give Kabam ideas on how they could do better next time. I think it could be beneficial if Kabam ran the offers through ccp members first, but it would fall on the ccp members to think about all the offers not just the ones that are thronebreaker. Hopefully this doesn't get immediately closed but if it doesn't please keep this one on the track. The last discussion was to show our disappointment, this one is to help Kabam rectify it for the future.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    I would love to see a choice between 2 10k offers. One for sig stones and awakening gems and another for rank up resources. We've had offers like these in the past idk why they canned it this time round.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    The unit offer has to be really good for Thronebreakers moving forward. A lot of f2p guys spent a ton of hours for the unit offer and was highly disappointed about how lackluster it was. I'm not saying they have to be as good as the cash offers but it needs to be game breaking for sure. At minimum they needed 50 generic sigs, and 25% t5cc selector, with one Nexus class crystal as well. 15k how ever you get it is a lot of units and Cyber weekend is the one day not to be stingy.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    How does this thread work?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    There should have been an explanation sometime between July 4 and now that the July 4 offers were extra sweet because TB players hadn’t been taken out of the Cav pool.

This isn’t me complaining. If you want to know how to improve, you have to acknowledge where failures occurred. Better communication about what the existence of TB would do for Cav players would have been a critical way to manage expectations.

By the same token, identify for players what qualifies as a staple/meta-relevant item versus a luxury item versus a winning-lottery-ticket item.

Based ONLY on the offers this weekend, t2a and 5-star shards are staples. AGs and sig stones are luxury items to be earned in tougher content/spent for. Apparently t5b and 6-star shards go here too. And anything like t5cc frags or 6-star stones are in the lotto category.

Taking this a step further, you could preview (without quantities) what to expect in offers in the early announcement. “Cavalier summoners can expect to receive unit offers to net them loads of t2a and 5-star shards, along with an awakening gem and lots of stones!”

Expectations set. Frustration/shock lessened.
  • H3t3r said:

Since the main thread was closed which wasn't really that surprising I've opened this new one with the purpose to give Kabam ideas on how they could do better next time. I think it could be beneficial if Kabam ran the offers through ccp members first, but it would fall on the ccp members to think about all the offers not just the ones that are thronebreaker. Hopefully this doesn't get immediately closed but if it doesn't please keep this one on the track. The last discussion was to show our disappointment, this one is to help Kabam rectify it for the future.

Not the CCP but maybe respected members of the community both F2P and Whales alike
    Yeah that works as well!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Personally, I'm not of the same mentality that the Offers should be more each time. I think the only thing I would add is more focus on rarity. The Sales for me are an opportunity to get what I don't normally have a great deal of access to. I also don't agree that T5CCs are something that needs to be available in great amounts. I could reasonably justify a 2% Crystal in the Peter Parker's Wallet, 2 in the next, 3 in the next, something along those lines. Perhaps more T5B Frags. (Cavalier Level)
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Personally, I'm not of the same mentality that the Offers should be more each time. I think the only thing I would add is more focus on rarity. The Sales for me are an opportunity to get what I don't normally have a great deal of access to. I also don't agree that T5CCs are something that needs to be available in great amounts. I could reasonably justify a 2% Crystal in the Peter Parker's Wallet, 2 in the next, 3 in the next, something along those lines. Perhaps more T5B Frags. (Cavalier Level)

God help me, but you’re actually right about the first part. Offers kept improving for cavalier over time to adjust to the evolving meta - first t5b, then t5cc. 6-star shards becoming more plentiful. Now that Thronebreaker exists, there’s a logical endpoint to what cavaliers should access easily.

The problem is that Kabam did nothing to warn us that we hit that ceiling, then they were even harder the other direction and made the offers worse.

The other problem is that t5cc is still part of what should be accessible (not easily, but accessible nonetheless). I got my 10% from cavalier every month. I got my 10% from radiation. (I didn’t do either 4-star EQ but I did do the Souls one in between). $5000 units and $30 netting no t5b, t5cc, or maybe even 10 6-star stones...that doesn’t fit.
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    If the offers don't progress each time, then they become increasingly irrelevant for a particular player. When you first become Cav, you might need a ton of t4b or t4c to grow your roster. A year later, those items are close to meaningless with many in crystals or overflow.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

This is a great idea if you want them to go out of business!

Come on...these are their two MOST PROFITABLE days of the year. They know what’s worked in the past and how it can go horribly wrong when they don’t step it up like this year.
    I doubt they're going out of business because a subset of people who wanted to hit TB this weekend didn't get to do so. The reality is it's not possible to offer more and more each time because those Resources have an effect overall. Regardless, I gave my feedback and I'm not looking for a debate on my opinion.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Snurris said:

Mostt of my thoughts have already been said.
    Do like on the 4th and give summoners two different setups to choose from.
    On the 4th I was all over the shards because that’s what I needed then. Today I would be all over the rank ups because I need that more today.
    In the cash offers, also provide the choice, like selectors and you would sell like crazy.
    Everyone likes to have power over their own decisions.
    I really love this game, it’s so well done. My really only negative opinion is that it’s very rng based

Same I went for champs on the 4th and was gonna go rank up materials over the weekend because I have several 6* I want awaken or ranked to r3
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    After seeing the insane rewards for the top 30 solo players in the upcoming gifting event, they should just go big for every tier of progression level on July 4th and Cyber Weekend in the future. I don't always agree with the various YouTubers' perspectives, but I think Seatin hit it right on the nose when he said that, after the upcoming Gifting Event rewards, Kabam really has no right to complain that big offers to the users upset the balance of the game; there is NO balance when the top 30 spenders for the Gifting Event get such broken rewards (T5 catalyst selector AND a 6* 2 - 3 rank up gem means 2 guaranteed R3s out of the one event; and one of them entirely of the player's choice!).

In light of that, they really should keep all the offers on an upward trajectory from event to event (July 4th to Cyber Weekend to July 4th). If that means that Thronebreaker needs to be a bit more outlandish in order for Cav to see comparable improvements, so be it. I still can't see offers being as broken as the Gifting Event rewards will be, and it's for a wider player base, which helps provide a bit more equity than just the top 30 in an event getting launched so much further ahead.

Just my 2 cents.
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 673 ★★★
    Not only should this thread be in "Suggestions", but I honestly don't believe that suggestions would be honored. The sketchy naive approach to the downgraded Cavalier offers is a big clue into me feeling this way.

I would allow choice (as others had previously mentioned) between fighter openings and fighter progression. I don't want to be accused of commenting without giving a suggestion at all.

A T5CC selector in the Cavalier offers wouldn't have necessarily made it super easy for any new Cavalier player to attain Thronebreaker rank before the weekend ended. And if any would've been able to because of the T5CC selector, so be it. They'd deserve it. Plus, it would've been extra spending towards Kabam if that player was willing. But far too many people got screwed from this weekend to just sweep it under the rug and talk about "next time". I personally was looking forward to a selector or two this past weekend, but now I feel that my efforts in this game are never enough. Again, this is all just a waste of time. My opinion doesn't really matter to Kabam. This is just a PR thing that companies do to save face. The only feed-back I expect to get are that of other players on this forum. Thanks for hearing me Summoners.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think people keep forgetting that cavalier players had the benefit of sharing the title with players who were way beyond their scope abyss 100% etc. so you can’t compare those 4th of July deals because there wasn’t throne-breaker at the time.

They had to please the higher end players and current cav players which obviously made a particular party mad when the rewards were adjusted to fit that title.

My suggestion for Kabam is to stick with their guns , those complaining about throne breaker probably don’t need to be throne breaker and were not meant for this new transition.

They tuned act 6 down and made 6* shards and made T5cc available in game. It’s up to those who are cavalier to go for an abyss run or 100% act 6. Kabam has done their part.

If the argument is cav players need better deals then we have to ask the question . Which cav players? Those on the edge? If that’s the case they need to go to TB.

Then the second argument is the entry level cav players, why on the world would they need T5cc and 6* shards when they hardly have a roster to handle act 6? It doesn’t benefit them.

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

I think people keep forgetting that cavalier players had the benefit of sharing the title with players who were way beyond their scope abyss 100% etc. so you can’t compare those 4th of July deals because there wasn’t throne-breaker at the time.

They had to please the higher end players and current cav players which obviously made a particular party mad when the rewards were adjusted to fit that title.

My suggestion for Kabam is to stick with their guns , those complaining about throne breaker probably don’t need to be throne breaker and were not meant for this new transition.

They tuned act 6 down and made 6* shards and made T5cc available in game. It’s up to those who are cavalier to go for an abyss run or 100% act 6. Kabam has done their part.

If the argument is cav players need better deals then we have to ask the question . Which cav players? Those on the edge? If that’s the case they need to go to TB.

Then the second argument is the entry level cav players, why on the world would they need T5cc and 6* shards when they hardly have a roster to handle act 6? It doesn’t benefit them.

I do not care about being TB.

I merely wanted a comparable Cav deal on CW to the ones I bought on July 4. The price was the exact same, but the CW rewards were far less valuable. I was not expecting massive T5cc offers, but more than the crumbs we were thrown.

This isn't rocket science. The TB offers should have been better than what was offered to Cav players on July 4, for sure, but there is zero reason to make the Cav offers worse. Unless your goal is to make people mad, which IMO is a bad business strategy for a game maker.

In the end, this is fine with me, because I just won't spend money like I used to, and the feeling in my alliance is much the same. If Kabam wants me to spend, they'll present good offers. Simple as that.
    You weren’t going to get comparable deals because you aren’t grouped with TB anymore.

It’s not rocket science, and if it was you would see a simple thing . You were simply benefiting from commensalism. They didn’t make deals for you, they made deals for the guy who 100% abyss and has R3 champs. Because cavalier was a title you simply got bundled in to some deals. That’s no longer the case . The offers weren’t worse they are just exactly what you get.

If you want to see this, the best way is to take a look at the deals when you beat uncollected vs cavalier. Are you able to 100% cav difficulty?

Honestly, you are right save your money and get a PS5 or buy your wife/ husband a nice blender or spa day. If the offers are good enough you will spend. But your deals won’t be good unless you are TB.
  • SormorSormor Posts: 14
    For me as a relatively new cav player, the deals were okay but not great. I went into the sales thinking I'd spend a little, and hopefully improve my roster a bit. The deals weren't great, but they at least let me max sig my CapIW and awaken my Aegon and take him to sig 80. So not too bad, but could definitely have been better. Where the deals were missing for me was the guaranteed value in rank up materials. I got lucky with some of the crystals I popped, but also got shafted with the 6* shards. I think the main place the cavalier deals were lacking in a huge way for all levels of cavalier is the absolute lack of any respectable amount of t5b outside of the 5$ offer, and cav players of all levels still need t5b. I know a lot of the focus is on the lack of t5cc, which is completely understandable, but for me I don't even have a 6* worth taking to r2 let alone r3 so it's not what I need right now.
  • In the end, this is fine with me, because I just won't spend money like I used to, and the feeling in my alliance is much the same. If Kabam wants me to spend, they'll present good offers. Simple as that.

These special offer periods (July 4 and CW) are a bit different, but in general they don't specifically want you spending and that's why the offers don't have great value. They want people spending who are willing to spend a lot for relatively little in return, because those people benefit the game the most: they contribute the most revenue, while unbalancing the game the least with their demands for that cash. And there appear to be about four hundred million dollars per year worth of such people.

The cash offers are like an inverse auction. Some people say they need a pile of stuff this high before they spend. Other people say they only need a small bag of stuff before they spend. Kabam takes the latter people's money, and let's the former keep their money. This isn't greed either; somewhere around 70% of F2P players don't spend at all, and there's no reason to think MCOC is widly different. The more stuff you give to the spenders, the less attractive the game becomes to the free to play players. Which would be fine, except the spenders of tomorrow are the F2P players of today. Choke them off, and your game withers and dies.

You need money today to keep the game going. You need a game that is attractive to free to play players because that's where tomorrow's money is going to come from. So the game tries to get as much revenue as possible while giving out as little game-altering value as possible. At least in general. If you think the offers aren't worth your money, that's not at all strange: you're part of the majority of players who think that, and deciding not to spend on them is the choice you're expected to make.