**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mephisto Regen Description Bug [Mod Edited Title for Clarity]

EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Below is official Champion Spotlight which for some reason they failed to update yet:
zzcua0seks43.jpg

Now, in-game it says:
"When below 30% Health, each Persistent Soul Charge is consumed, Regenerating 10 Health per charge. Mephisto does not take damage while consuming his Persistent Soul Charges through this ability."

So here are a couple of HUGE issues with this dear Kabam:
1) People spent their 5 star shards, catalysts, gold to get Mephisto and rank him up. Now these are worthless or MUCH less worthy.
2) People spent revives, health potions to defeat Mephisto in his old form in Blades quest. He would be much easier with the nerf
3) People spent hundreds, thousands of coins for a chance to get him using his featured. I am one of them

At this point Kabam HAS to:
1) Issue 5 star shards and rank down tickets to those who spent their shards and ranked up Mephisto
2) Issue revives, health potions to those who fought Mephisto in Blades quest when the was overpowered
3) Issue coin refunds to those who spent coins to get Mephisto using the featured crystal

Do this please.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Chill bro. I'm sure it's a bug.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    I think there was a thing about this on Line last night. It seems it is still working as you originally posted and not like the game currently says.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Pretty sure it's not. Bugs don't change wording. To make it clear, here's before and after:

Before:
    "When below 30% Health, each Persistent Soul Charge is consumed, Regenerating 10% of Base Health per charge. Mephisto does not take damage while consuming his Persistent Soul Charges through this ability."

After:
    "When below 30% Health, each Persistent Soul Charge is consumed, Regenerating 10 Health per charge. Mephisto does not take damage while consuming his Persistent Soul Charges through this ability."

In the second part "% of Base" is removed. I have been part of a programming group. THAT is not a bug.
  • I thought the mistake was that his regen was taking into account the node he was on or other external factors?

10 health per charge is literally nothing.
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I thought the mistake was that his regen was taking into account the node he was on or other external factors?

In the original description it says "base health" though. It's something to make sure that description works, it's another thing to nerf all regeneration to be nothing at all
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I thought the mistake was that his regen was taking into account the node he was on or other external factors?

Completely agree. It must be a bug. Why would kabam spend the time adding in this feature if it only heals for 100 health?

Completely agree. It must be a bug. Why would kabam spend the time adding in this feature if it only heals for 100 health?

Again: Bugs DON'T change text. They don't change description. More than the number was changed in Mephisto's description. This is a nerf. As for your question: This is not the first time they did this. Previously, they did nerfs but notified people which got a huge response. Now they do it silently. And they silence people who point it out. Probably this thread will get deleted as well.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    No compensation needed. It was clearly bug from the start, and people didn't even came here to check all of those threads reporting this bug? Thats their fault.

He regens 10% HP per charge. His MAX BASE HP.
  • BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    EgeC, I can confirm that he heals 10% per charge, despite how incorrect the text describes it.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Thanks @Dwark

I think the OP owes Kabam an apology. It clearly is a mistake in the game description.
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Thanks @Dwark

I think the OP owes Kabam an apology. It clearly is a mistake in the game description.

What is OP?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Lol, why apologize when the character description is wrong. Do we get apologies, sincere apologies, when our heroes are nerfed and masteries changed?

Like others have reported, it's not looking like he was actually nerfed... and if that is the case, the OP is highlighting and bringing attention to a textual error in the description.
  • Yeah he’s healing 10% per charge that must be a text error. I can confirm his regen is working as well.
  • xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    Yellsome wrote: »
    Thanks @Dwark

What is OP?

"Original Poster"
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    It's supposed to be changed to a flat rate now and not account for the node boosts. If it's not working like that, expect it to change soon.
  • EgeC wrote: »

Pretty sure it's not. Bugs don't change wording. To make it clear, here's before and after:

Actually, Bugs can affect that! We're looking into this right now. We don't silently Nerf champions, so if something like this comes up, please assume that it is a bug until we say otherwise.
  • KDawg88KDawg88 Posts: 53
    Yellsome wrote: »
    Thanks @Dwark

What is OP?

Optimus Prime
  • roy505roy505 Posts: 90
    this guy above (eXtripa69) has been posting on all mephisto posts against the OP.. including me without any facts to back him up.. kindly ignore his comments..
  • Hey all,

To help speed this along, if anybody has a Mephisto that is showing a regen of "10", can you please send me a screenshot of both the Ability Screen, as well as just the Screen showing Mephisto, and his Rank?
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Hey all,

To help speed this along, if anybody has a Mephisto that is showing a regen of "10", can you please send me a screenshot of both the Ability Screen, as well as just the Screen showing Mephisto, and his Rank?

It's in another thread:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/154140#Comment_154140

Just one screenshot of it though. Sorry.
    edited October 2017
    lol
    Hey all,

why ?the creators of the game doesn't have the ability to check it for themself ? always playing the innocent card....
  • Nevermind! Found it! We're on it!
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Any progress. Any mastery. Any champ, everything in this game is gonna be eventually nerfed one way or another to be against the player, i learned it in the Grand nerf and every update after that, parry, dexterity, aw, everything... Dont spend if you dont wanna be dissapointed
  • His Regen is a time for Loki for his bff steal. I have 5star Loki. :D
  • FenomenFenomen Posts: 4
    Hi, guys! Hi @Kabam Miike!
    What can you say about mephisto's 3 persistent soul charges are not working from fight to fight in quests if mephisto used regen previously?
  • Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Deleted
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    EgeC wrote: »
    Below is official Champion Spotlight which for some reason they failed to update yet:
    zzcua0seks43.jpg

Now, in-game it says:

So here are a couple of HUGE issues with this dear Kabam:
    1) People spent their 5 star shards, catalysts, gold to get Mephisto and rank him up. Now these are worthless or MUCH less worthy.
    2) People spent revives, health potions to defeat Mephisto in his old form in Blades quest. He would be much easier with the nerf
    3) People spent hundreds, thousands of coins for a chance to get him using his featured. I am one of them

At this point Kabam HAS to:
    1) Issue 5 star shards and rank down tickets to those who spent their shards and ranked up Mephisto
    2) Issue revives, health potions to those who fought Mephisto in Blades quest when the was overpowered
    3) Issue coin refunds to those who spent coins to get Mephisto using the featured crystal

Do this please.

What are these coins you speak of sir ???