**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Havok vs Sunspot

NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hi. I have 5* duped Havok and unduped Sunspot and am looking to rank one to r4. Which one should I rank?

Havok vs Sunspot 76 votes

Sunspot
55%
SungjAspenDolanDuke_SilverDwightrowleych4rnBrokenScholiaThe_Blue_Jaguar_Sham_OGAvengerIron_Patriot_is_litWindsnrosesHera1d_of_Ga1actus1_ShuNeu_1BahubaliSarvanga1_AstoundsThoye3A_NAZ 42 votes
Havok
44%
DrZolaTheManMythLegendAlex13369MagrailothosZiprianoDragonMCOCsimolazTheHoodedDormammuAlbi⁴7²00⁴GoddessIliasRamadaRockypantherxKill_GreyMobile_P0tat0Tiger360DeaconArsozTRONG94UvoginMasterpuff 34 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    Looking to go further in act 6.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    This depends on what the rest of your roster looks like. Sunspot I know doesn’t have much utility, and I’m trying to think of what Havok can do.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Sunspot
    I selected sunspot before reading

If both 5* and ss Unawaken id say go Havok
    He’s got great utility

However ss is a more heavy damage output champ
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Sunspot
    Havok has better niche uses but I use sunspot in general content far more often. I think people overestimate Havok's damage output because of the flashy numbers off his sp3. Unless he is being inflicted with energy damage which goes back to him being better for niche uses his ramp up is very very slow. Sunspot has much better DPS than Havok in most general fights. Sunspot's perfect block makes him so sustainable through long quests and his burst damage is utility in itself being able to nuke down tough fights and bosses. Plus stacking debuffs so quickly makes him viable against healing champions, diss track, crazy for incursion etc. Overall Havok has more utility but Sunspot has so more damage and enough utility I think to just edge out havok
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Havok
    So much more utility and reliable damage plus still really good damage
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Havok
    Sungj said:

Havok has better niche uses but I use sunspot in general content far more often. I think people overestimate Havok's damage output because of the flashy numbers off his sp3. Unless he is being inflicted with energy damage which goes back to him being better for niche uses his ramp up is very very slow. Sunspot has much better DPS than Havok in most general fights. Sunspot's perfect block makes him so sustainable through long quests and his burst damage is utility in itself being able to nuke down tough fights and bosses. Plus stacking debuffs so quickly makes him viable against healing champions, diss track, crazy for incursion etc. Overall Havok has more utility but Sunspot has so more damage and enough utility I think to just edge out havok

You do realize havok stacks debuffs too right?
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Sunspot

Sungj said:

You do realize havok stacks debuffs too right?
    Yes but I think he was trying to say that it’s more difficult to stack havok’s as you need to have already built up 10 plasma or be bled. Like he said, building up high plasma takes a while, so havok’s plasma debuffs aren’t as readily available as sunspot’s incinerated that are inflicted on each hit, right from the get go, contrary to havok’s debuffs as it takes a lot more time.

Hopefully this makes sense
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Havok
    I have an r3 havok and left my prestigespot at R1 so I’m undoubtedly biased. But havok is clearly better and it’s honestly not even close. The rampup really doesn’t take very long once you know the character, and another thing people seem to overlook is that you don’t actually need to go to L3 to finish fights. It’s just a flashy way to do it. Sunspot just requires way too many conditions to have viability imo. (Opponent not stun or incinerate immune, weird playstyle, throwing a bunch of L1s so rip suicides)
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Sunspot
    Sunspot.. Apart from the points mentioned above.. His Perfect block is great..('Perfect block' is underrated feature in game). Also, charging heavy gets back his solar charges and also gains power. Unduped sunspot can easily stack 3 flare states, which is more than enough to finish act 6 fights with sp2.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Havok
    Havok no question is the better champion, much more utility.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Havok
    Sungj said:

Don't ever say flashy when comparing sunspot to another champion (mr big yellow numbers)