**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you guys have a journey/story of pulling a champ you were hunting for a long time ?

Comments

• Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    I pulled quake today after around 20 5* featureds.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    I wanted Starky for a while and finally got him not too long ago, but I have so many options to rank up that provide more than he does that I haven’t touched him yet. Currently going to hunt Havok
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

WRIR said:

I have a story of NOT pulling doom despite pulling every featured, buying every offer I saw with doom in it, spending hundreds of dollars cyber monday to search for Doom, months of Dual Class crystals for Doom. When I do get him, at least 5 star, it'll be a hell of a story.

He was my 1st 5* and 1st maxed out too ..but GL on your hunt ...there's a reason why he is the most wanted champion in the game.
    Funny thing is I keep getting quake instead. But I don't use quake at all! I think Kabam is/will progressively make quake less and less relevant as they did with Blade so I decided quake wasn't worth learning.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I had completed the easy abyss path, then started on path 2 with the Deadpool. Got to him before I found out he’s petrify immune, so I got absolutely stonewalled (yeah I shoulda prepared first I know). Needed a heal reversal champ, so my hunt for Human Torch began. Took something like nine months, I had just given up on the dual crystals after about 35 of them since I was tired of pulling Loki. Popped some cavs for whatever featured champ it was, and omfg Human Torch! Immediately threw a gem on him and ranked him up.

Got through path 2, opened the basic crystal up, guess who it was...
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    It took 1.6 years 50+ dual class cosmic and tech crystals, and 0/3 in incursion crystals, but at last I pulled ghost

sike that was just my dream I remain ghostless
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    My hunt currently is for g99 or Sentinel and Nick and Domino ..Since i have Masaccre and Rhulk but no Domino ..but i have opened couple but no luck ..now I don't know whom should i hunt first ..focusing on all 3 at same time is like stepping your foot in 2 boats..what do y'll think ? How should the hunt continue? And for whom first ?
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    I pulled a Cap IW after I had given up on pulling any good science chars.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I was hearing a lot about how Quake literally wrecks the game but I have no intention of trying her out since I just became Uncollected (July 2020) and I only have her as a 4*. Then came the Epic Boss Rush! and the rewards were awesome! But with my roster of maxed 4*s and a few 5*R3s, it is near impossible unless I spend a lot of units... a lot. I checked the forums for advices and then I saw a comment 'Just Quake It' and then I took a second look at my 4* Quake and ranked her to R4 to test her out.

The first Boss Rush arrived and I started practicing. At first I was happy that I was able to get Thing down to 70% before I die and then after a few days I can finally kill him in one shot. The roadblock was Havok because you'll have to bait his special in between but I got used to playing Quake that I managed to defeat the boss rushes using her and a few counters. At the last day, the Omega Boss Rush came and I told myself that I can't do it... but after I tried that first few tries, I was able to finish it with my very valuable 4* Quake with only 200 units spent.

I became confident playing with her that I was bringing her in War even though killing a single defender takes time. Those times, I was always wishing I have a 5* Quake and I was pumped when she was added in the Featured! I was always buying the discounted featured every two weeks but to no avail. Got Prof X, Havok, Guardian... and then Cyber Weekend came! With the extra shards from the deals I gambled with the 15k Featured and boom!

TL;DR Quake is awesomeballs!

• flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★
    I want Starky! There is only 4 tech champs available from reg crystals that I don't have and he is 1 of them.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    I knew I liked Warlock as soon as I read his abilities. Bought some cavs...no luck. He came as the sub feature champ, bought more cavs...no luck. I saved 5* shards till he was in the 5* feature crystal and opened a LOT of features...no luck. Saved 6* shards till he was going to be in the 6* feature crystal, the Sunday before the new crystal dropped they brought back his cavs...bought 5, no luck...bought 5, 5* and 6* Warlock! The 6* feature crystals came out, I bought 2, popped and duped him. He’s now sig 200, of course I’ve pulled him 3 times since he was sig 200 and as of a couple of weeks ago he’s r3. All’s well that ends well.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★

Always wanted guardian since he was announced but my usual trash luck didn't give me hope of getting him. The featured came out but I was too scared of getting M.O.D.OK so I said i wouldn't buy one then the Gamma event came I reached the milestone for the featured opened the crystal and got this

Thank you kabam

Did gulk just dex your sp1??
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    Ghost and that story has not ended yet
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

If I get started I won’t stop and everyone already knows by now
    @Rockypantherx I don't know ..tell
    Well, here goes.

I pulled a 4* Quake all the way back in act 4. I quickly mastered the parry style, and eventually came up with a version of the dex method, before it was widely known. This was back when people thought quake couldn’t take stun immune fights

I grew to love this champion, she carried me through act 4, act 5, variants, side quest, event quests, AW’s, AQ’s

Then came the act 6 announcement. No more 4*s. I weeped for I did not have a 5* Quake. And so begun the 5* Quake saga

I took every opportunity to get her, 40 dual class crystals from when they released, dungeon crystals, featured crystals. To no avail. I 100% act 6 and all the variants without a 5* Quake. I moved into AW and AQ where 4*s just didn’t cut it

I pulled a 5* Quake on my alt account as it’s 4th 5*. It was a bittersweet moment. But ultimately left a more bitter taste than a sweet one

By this point my lack of a 5* Quake had practically become a meme on these forums and in my alliance. It really started to feel like I would never get her

Cav EQ released, and I’ve been able to revisit my 4* Quake for the 4* challenge, and loved every minute of it.

And so, the search continued. Then the current featured 5* released. I was tagged a million times on here and in my alliance with people screaming at me that Quake was in it.

So I spammed them. Got so much trash. But I did get a dupe on dragon man and a guardian

Then, one fateful night (November 10th), as I sat at my desk, looking out upon the night, having just kicked back to relax after a journalism lecture, I got some rewards through. Can’t remember from where, but it pushed me over the 15k threshold

And this happened:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/233993/the-end-of-a-3-year-saga#latest

She is now R5, and I’ve been using her everywhere.

However, there is poetic irony to be found here. I die with her every single war. Without fail so far. Usually miserably. I’m putting it down to being rusty

So yes, that is my story.

Jesus it sounds like a romantic novel.

Actually, there’s an idea...
    I wish I could pull her :(
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    I was waiting on aegon too make my initial clear in the abyss got tired of waiting and took on the easy path without him and ill be dang if I didn't pull him out 5* Crystal from the chest on the path and then duped him with 2 dual class crystals right after opening him.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394

• Years of chasing and countless 5*, GMCs, and Cavalier crystals didn't yield me a 5* Corvus Glaive. Then, not too long ago (July 30th) when we got that rather stellar compensation package with the 5* Nexus Crystal... I finally got him. Not but a couple weeks later, duped him from a 5* Basic 😂🤣😂🤣😂.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    It took 4 5* crystals to get aegon. I am too lucky for searching. But I still don’t have a quake after 3 crystals...
  • shivam1shivam1 Posts: 87
    Yes,
    Some months ago i was hunting for dr doom i opened almost 20 dual class but ended but getting nothing
    And fortunately i opened an incursion crystal and pulled him he was in the middle of two Juggernauts
  • SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    edited December 2020
    Yeah. I’ve been waiting for Sym, Doom or Claire to easy path abyss, and after ramping up my efforts to attain him (sym, mainly, since he’s best for easy path of the three) over the past month and a half, getting 15-16 featureds, and blowing 150k 5* shards on the mys/sci dual, I finally pulled him (again, sym supreme) an hour ago from a 6* crystal that I let my wife spin for me. She’s got the magic touch, man. She always gets me the champ I’m after. I’m stoked though. TB here I come, finally. Abyss tonight.
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    Had heen hunting warlock ever since he came out ... opened anlot of crystals in the hope of pulling him opened his featured cavs also no luck... dual crystals werereleased oped about 20 cosmic/tech no luck... over this period of time i had all the resources to r5 him immediately awaken him and take him to sig 200 ... october quest started amd i decided i wont open any crystal till the october event ends.. over that one month period i had accumulated 95000 5 * shards... from eq sq war season and various other sources ... i opened 5 cosmic tech didnt get warlock but i got guardian and some other amazing champs like venom hyp imiw mysterio dupe... then almost dejected abt not pulling warlock i said let me try mystic/science crystal to try and pull doom... no luck there either... now i had only 5k shards remaining with other 5k shards about to come in a day or two... till i got the balance 5k shards to open another i decided to gove up my search for warlock and rank up guardian and sig 200 him as he actually needs it... so i do that and 2 days later when i get the remaining 5000 shards i open another cosmic/tech and guess what i pull warlock literally one of those time u dont know whethwr to laugh or cry
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★

Rohit_316 said:

If I get started I won’t stop and everyone already knows by now
    @Rockypantherx I don't know ..tell
    Well, here goes.

I pulled a 4* Quake all the way back in act 4. I quickly mastered the parry style, and eventually came up with a version of the dex method, before it was widely known. This was back when people thought quake couldn’t take stun immune fights

I grew to love this champion, she carried me through act 4, act 5, variants, side quest, event quests, AW’s, AQ’s

Then came the act 6 announcement. No more 4*s. I weeped for I did not have a 5* Quake. And so begun the 5* Quake saga

I took every opportunity to get her, 40 dual class crystals from when they released, dungeon crystals, featured crystals. To no avail. I 100% act 6 and all the variants without a 5* Quake. I moved into AW and AQ where 4*s just didn’t cut it

I pulled a 5* Quake on my alt account as it’s 4th 5*. It was a bittersweet moment. But ultimately left a more bitter taste than a sweet one

By this point my lack of a 5* Quake had practically become a meme on these forums and in my alliance. It really started to feel like I would never get her

Cav EQ released, and I’ve been able to revisit my 4* Quake for the 4* challenge, and loved every minute of it.

And so, the search continued. Then the current featured 5* released. I was tagged a million times on here and in my alliance with people screaming at me that Quake was in it.

So I spammed them. Got so much trash. But I did get a dupe on dragon man and a guardian

Then, one fateful night (November 10th), as I sat at my desk, looking out upon the night, having just kicked back to relax after a journalism lecture, I got some rewards through. Can’t remember from where, but it pushed me over the 15k threshold

And this happened:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/233993/the-end-of-a-3-year-saga#latest

She is now R5, and I’ve been using her everywhere.

However, there is poetic irony to be found here. I die with her every single war. Without fail so far. Usually miserably. I’m putting it down to being rusty

So yes, that is my story.

Jesus it sounds like a romantic novel.

Actually, there’s an idea...
    I'm gonna write that novel
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 358 ★★★

Warlock!
    Every time I had 5 star shards I would only open tech/cosmic since the dual class crystals came out. Every Monday I would buy the tech cavalier pack with no luck until today.
    I have pulled so many other techs and have a tech AG for warlock, I literally have all the rest on my roster awakened!
  • TED355TED355 Posts: 13
    i have a story of my own..ever since those dual-class crystals came out..i saved over 50 5* crystals and 9 6* basics for just two champs...DOOM and WARLOCK..and was planning to record a big opening for cyber Monday and send it to PROF HOFF for his review.

Around a month back, I was having a bad day and felt like compromising my hoarding...so I just went for it, and voila..neither of the two champs that I wanted..I was totally disheartened and have never trusted those dual crystals ever since.

Fast forward to CYBER MONDAY 2020. where every cavalier player had hopes that they will a step closer to being a TB. We Cav players got royally f-ed. I had lost hopes of being a TB. and had decided to save my 16-17k units for gifting and content. surprisingly, I had a 6* basic crystal in my storage. thought about trying my luck to dupe my 6* nf r2 and for a minute I thought I had soiled myself for what i saw was a sight to behold. A 6* DOOM. i was so happy. i r2ed him in the next 10 mins and 100% explored V5
  • C_Trooper88C_Trooper88 Posts: 80
    I was hunting for 5* Dr Doom or Black Widow CV from the Dual Class Crystal. Opened so so many with no luck. But then later got lucky and pulled Doom from a 6* crystal, so was happy with the result!
  • xandersrevengexandersrevenge Posts: 267
    Yes been looking for blade 5* since he came out. And just recently pulled him and duped him after 10 more 5 stars. Now he's irrelevant with the skill champs above him
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    Still haven't gotten Doom, after hundreds of thousands of 5* shards, 6* shards and almost 5000 units on featured cavalier crystals.
    It's a sad story.
  • ShannokShannok Posts: 110
    Started hunting for ghost since 6 months ago after I learned to use her as a 4 star.
    Still hunting.....