UPDATE: A new Hotfix (v32.2.3) is now being released to address this issue. Please keep an eye on your App Store for this update to address the below issue.

We are currently experiencing an Error when Summoners view a Champion’s Synergies while in the Champion Selection screen in Arenas and Duels. We are aware of this issue and are working on a Hotfix to address it. In the meantime, please avoid using the synergy menu to prevent this error and crash. We apologize for this inconvenience. Updates will be posted here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/293506/error-when-looking-at-synergies-from-champion-selection-screen

Champion Spotlight - Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen)

Comments

• TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    Hey if kabam can answer a few questions here, it ll be great
    1. What about his old synergies, are they updated?
    2. Is he still a viable option for miss counter?
    3. The kit as rightfully mentioned before doesnt feel like DD, he should basically be able to evade stuffs and high super high cric, but this kit seems so off from the characters. His strongest point is his keen sense to evade attacks, and feels that is missing in the character.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 944 ★★★★
    does the fury from his SP2 stack? does the Rage debuff gained with his sig. be converted into a fury too? if the answer is yes to both questions i can see DD doing some big jellow and red numbers. ^_^
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 359 ★★★

No miss counter? Why?

He didn't have a miss counter in his previous kit either, it was an easter egg that he could hit invisible opponents because of his blindness. :wink: Hopefully they kept this little bit of hidden utility in the new kit without specifying it, because easter egg. We'll see in the next few days.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 639 ★★★
    I believe his sp2 animation will have lots of hits. Because first hit spends all combo meter. Next hits are gonna add to it.

Let’s get this champion first as he is. Test him and decide whether it’s good or not. But he seems good.
  • Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 235 ★★

I believe his sp2 animation will have lots of hits. Because first hit spends all combo meter. Next hits are gonna add to it.

Let’s get this champion first as he is. Test him and decide whether it’s good or not. But he seems good.

His SP2 is reworked and my guess is that he would have around 4-5 hits. Read his ability description. It says that sp2 hits does not add to the combo but each successive hits consumes +5 combo meter to apply a bleed. Also the developer note said That the ideal scenario before throwing an sp2 would be around 30 hits and they recommended a heavy attack.
    So 30 - 10 ( heavy attack ) = 20. Due to this I feel his SP2 will have only 4-5 hits. If it would be higher then he would deal too much bleed damage.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,902 ★★★★★
    DavEPIC said:

Special 1 - Condemn
    100% chance to boost Critical Rating by 700 for 15 seconds.

just what is this “to boost”?
    is it a BUFF?
    is it a PASSIVE?
    if neither then is it a new mechanic ?
    what is going on ? plz KABAM keep the arty touch to character modeling, and make the description clear with consistency !!!

To Boost means to increase.
    Special 1 has 100% chance to increase critical rating by 700 for 15 secs.
    What's so difficult to understand?
  • The lack of any miss or evade mechanic in daredevil makes me sad. The character's only superpower is based on enhanced senses.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Jazzy011 said:

Just make the Rage debuffs passive. That base regeneration adjustment will just cause more trouble in the long run.

This and hopefully he gets his synergy with Masacre where he keeps 50% of his combo meter between fights to a max of 30.

Also it would be a lot better if his miss mechanic was part of his base kit and not a synergy with elektra and psylocke
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 500 ★★★

No miss counter? Why?

He didn't have a miss counter in his previous kit either, it was an easter egg that he could hit invisible opponents because of his blindness. :wink: Hopefully they kept this little bit of hidden utility in the new kit without specifying it, because easter egg. We'll see in the next few days.
    I know but that is not what i was saying. The meta has unstoppable unblockable evade and miss mechanics spammed everywhere . DD does not counter any of it. At least one is expected for an overhaul. The kit as pointed out by many does not look like it follows DD netflix. It is as if they had an idea and decided lets put it on DD
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 1,402 ★★★★★

No miss counter? Why?

I know but that is not what i was saying. The meta has unstoppable unblockable evade and miss mechanics spammed everywhere . DD does not counter any of it. At least one is expected for an overhaul. The kit as pointed out by many does not look like it follows DD netflix. It is as if they had an idea and decided lets put it on DD
    DAAR = evade counter 👍
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Is the buff going live today?
  • TED355TED355 Posts: 13
    when does his buff go live?
    I think tommorow
  • Dex_RebırthDex_Rebırth Posts: 45
    see the reduction of the regeneration rate unnecessary since several users play with suicidal masteries and this would greatly affect the character's health, I also have a question, will he still have the ability to evade? Otherwise, it would not be a good buff, rather, they would be taking away several of the abilities for which the character was characterized.
  • jschwerijschweri Posts: 43
    edited November 2020
    Would you please confirm I can still use this on the new version?

• magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 1,402 ★★★★★

No miss counter? Why?

Also theoretically he should be able to bypass mechanics like Mephisto's aura, OR's death field and Terrax's rock field with his signature ability as long as your hitting into them. Sort of like Namor except you won't be reflecting the damage back. Pretty cool utility if you ask me
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 314 ★★

Is it just me or would Falcons new kit have made more sense on DD? A niche evade counter with high crit and on demand total defensive AAR. This buff may turn out great but it doesn't exactly feel like DD to me.

Considering that Daredevil has a natural radar sense, I can see it working. Hard to evade a guy who can hear your heart beating, and considering that he doesn't use his eyesight, I can totally get the high crit because he is probably striking the most sensitive and vulnerable areas. Defensive ability reduction ties into his radar sense as well. Striking where it hurts the most fits the gritty Netflix version as well as the newer "Hand" version from the comics.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 1,720 ★★★★★
    jschweri said:

These rank up gems are so lame... why limit them to who we can use them on when we worked hard to fear tough content...

But yes, you’ll be able to use it on him as he is listed in the champs...
    GMAX77 said:

Is it just me or would Falcons new kit have made more sense on DD? A niche evade counter with high crit and on demand total defensive AAR. This buff may turn out great but it doesn't exactly feel like DD to me.

Considering that Daredevil has a natural radar sense, I can see it working. Hard to evade a guy who can hear your heart beating, and considering that he doesn't use his eyesight, I can totally get the high crit because he is probably striking the most sensitive and vulnerable areas. Defensive ability reduction ties into his radar sense as well. Striking where it hurts the most fits the gritty Netflix version as well as the newer "Hand" version from the comics.
    Exactly. I am so surprised that his overhaul did not make him an evade counter
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,118 ★★★

jschweri said:

These rank up gems are so lame... why limit them to who we can use them on when we worked hard to fear tough content...
    Because you can get a lot of them and they're supposed to encourage ranking up lesser used (read older) champs
    WRIR said:

If you can nerf gambit last minute, you can buff DD last minute too! Let him have better regeneration!

Fingers crossed!
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    jschweri said:

Im sure we can, this is an update to the champ, it was released long ago.