**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Thronebreaker a failure?

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    Why do you think it's a failure? Because people want it and don't have it? That used to be called motivation lol
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited December 2020
    It’s been fine so far
    The title requirements are fine, as it stands it’s very end game but in a few months time when there are more sources of T5CC and 6* shards it should fit pretty neatly into the natural progression curve.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    naikavon said:

naikavon said:

It's a title. Given time anyone can achieve this title. The key word is time. Some don't wanna wait. "I should have it when I want it" is the epitomy of entitlement. Well, rng is a fickle mistress. If a player does nothing to minimize its impact...well that is on them.

The requirements of only one r3 six star creates this illusion that makes people think they are much closer than they are. If you do not have a good candidate to r3, odds are pretty good you do not have a deep roster. Or, if you are struggling to obtain t5cc you're 'prolly not running map 7 or high tier war. Both are on players. Put yourself in the best position to succeed rather than rely upon rng. Don't tempt fate.

Every instance I have seen involves people with 18 six stars or some other absurd low amount. Or 3 6 stars in a given class type complaining that they have no good options to rank up. Well, duh, you didn't have a lot to choose from. Why would someone bother to try to tackle content to obtain resources they have NO ONE to use it on? They complain of rng, yet take no steps to minimize it. That is wholly on the player, full stop.

You should already have options to use the resource on prior to accumulating that rare resource. Let me spell that out for you, don't run abyss if you don't already possess someone to use the resources on. And if you do (which is fine) don't complain about rng. You went into it with your eyes wide open, rolled the dice and came up craps. It happens. Be a big boy/girl and accept it with grace. Over time, your roster depth will grow and you will have someone to r3. Plus, as with all resources, as the game moves on the scarcity changes, and we all chase the next rare resource. Such is the rat race.

The only failure I've seen involves impatient players wanting to keep up with the Jones' and whining incessantly about their own poor roster management.

You lost me on i don't know how to manage my roster better mate.

33 6* with 5 duped 1 is lvl 60 all natural.
    8 are now r2 still got resources for 1 more

12 r5 and gems for 2 more (tech and skill meh I'll get around to it)

19 r4 tons of resources in overflow

I can see the no map 7 but will you let me in your allaince? Completion i score on avg 100k, arena about 50k but I have an 8 hr block that I can absolutely sit and grind the whole time but other than that window I'm gone. Kinda a flaw in the game that 8hrs a day isn't enough but so be it I'm happy with what I get.

Why should I have to r3 daredevil or Kingpin to get the offers that were already proven to be there. I have an option and multiple in every single class bar 1.

Tbf I don't want to keep up with the big boys just don't want my years of work to be rolled back to irrelevant in one move and cyber weekend for cavalier was just that.
    I hear everything you are saying. Tbf, 33 six stars is not a deep roster. Now, that's just my opinion, but consider that all 33 of those six stars are not concentrated in one class type. Rather they are spread out between the six different classes. On average you would have ~5 per class to choose from. (ofc randomness could disproportionately lead to a greater or lesser concentration) Now you COULD get lucky and have choices to choose from but that's what it is...luck.

Roster management is more than having resources to rank up champs, it also involves having champs to rank up.

I know that sounds crazy to some. But it absolutely is a roster management issue to go after resources you can't use. ( because there exists no viable candidate to use said resources on) Time (and money) builds depth of a roster. The person who has 5 six stars for each class is far less likely to have a "viable" r3 candidate than someone with 15 per class. That seems common sense to me, yet here we are.

There is nothing wrong with pushing beyond one's roster capabilities and banking resources for future use, but that is a PLAYER CHOICE. When rng inevitably rears her ugly head, the player immediately recognizes the lack of choices they have to r3 and blame rng. What they often fail to recognize is what I discuss above.

The point is, if you are reliant upon rng, the player failed to account for an adequate amount of incoming resources (high tier alliance rewards) or depth of roster. (viability of choice-now this last could also be the player is very picky but that is another topic for another day).

I hear that but the only way to remove rng is money entirely. I am just using my account as example. My skill 6* is kingpin, dd and thrasher all unduped. But my science is void, rhulk, torch as main candidates with rhulk 60 dupe, ww2 20, electro 20, og cap 0, gwen 0. I have legit choices in all the classes bar skill but a highly duped thrash i admit i would r3 but unduped he is not helpful in anything.

As you see rng is blasting me with science. Over this weekend I'm now fully explored upto 6.4.1 and that nets 50% of every class little over but I also fully explore cav and do the 4* challenge.

I don't know how I'm pushing above my roster as I can explore this with min to 0 items, explored the variants 100. I admit I ignored abyss as I don't have aegon so why over commit at the time as I have the depth and skill for explore for 6.

I don't want anything special just not a backward step for the title i got. I should not be in the position I am in game and be faced with a useless rank up.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    The only thing I disagree with is act 6 100% rewards should include a 2-3 rankup gem.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    naikavon said:

Roster management is more than having resources to rank up champs, it also involves having champs to rank up.

There is nothing wrong with pushing beyond one's roster capabilities and banking resources for future use, but that is a PLAYER CHOICE. When rng inevitably rears her ugly head, the player immediately recognizes the lack of choices they have to r3 and blame rng. What they often fail to recognize is what I discuss above.

That IS RNG. The available options that a player has to rank up are left to chance. Accumulating resources and who the play chooses to rank from their available options is roster management.

But if a player has an entire 6* roster of horrible champs that's got nothing to do with how well or how poorly they have managed their roster.

They are right to blame it on RNG, because RNG is what determined the champs they have. Whether they have statistically worse RNG than anyone else is a different matter.

Additionally, the meta of the game is fluid. Falcon, Magneto just a couple months ago where horrible champs. Players' "bad" RNG is now "good" RNG, but it's still RNG.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Be Not a failure but could’ve been better
    it's been a faillure without spending .. the cyber monday thronbreaker offers were crazy if you spend and they gone too far with those vs cavaliers it's a game breaking ****

it's a game of competetion sorry ! it was

Spending got you crazy amount if materials whereas the unit offer has been nerfed to the ground this is a first in 5 years of gameplay and it"s obvious they switched to money mode this year .

i'm a thronbreaker hell i'm past that by far but the gape that is being put between
    cavlier is crazy (offers) and the same is hsppening with money vs skill / money wins

terms and tos haven't being put on those who bought a million cheap oddins from third parties too keep the good work
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Just stop please stop bloody karnak !!
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    Corkscrew said:

naikavon said:

That IS RNG. The available options that a player has to rank up are left to chance. Accumulating resources and who the play chooses to rank from their available options is roster management.

But if a player has an entire 6* roster of horrible champs that's got nothing to do with how well or how poorly they have managed their roster.

They are right to blame it on RNG, because RNG is what determined the champs they have. Whether they have statistically worse RNG than anyone else is a different matter.

Additionally, the meta of the game is fluid. Falcon, Magneto just a couple months ago where horrible champs. Players' "bad" RNG is now "good" RNG, but it's still RNG.
    Correct. When one attempts to get the shiny new prize with 39 six stars they are leaving it up to chance on whether they will have a viable candidate or not. The larger one's roster the less randomness there will be.

That is a player choice though.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    It’s been fine so far

naikavon said:

naikavon said:

It's a title. Given time anyone can achieve this title. The key word is time. Some don't wanna wait. "I should have it when I want it" is the epitomy of entitlement. Well, rng is a fickle mistress. If a player does nothing to minimize its impact...well that is on them.

The requirements of only one r3 six star creates this illusion that makes people think they are much closer than they are. If you do not have a good candidate to r3, odds are pretty good you do not have a deep roster. Or, if you are struggling to obtain t5cc you're 'prolly not running map 7 or high tier war. Both are on players. Put yourself in the best position to succeed rather than rely upon rng. Don't tempt fate.

Every instance I have seen involves people with 18 six stars or some other absurd low amount. Or 3 6 stars in a given class type complaining that they have no good options to rank up. Well, duh, you didn't have a lot to choose from. Why would someone bother to try to tackle content to obtain resources they have NO ONE to use it on? They complain of rng, yet take no steps to minimize it. That is wholly on the player, full stop.

You should already have options to use the resource on prior to accumulating that rare resource. Let me spell that out for you, don't run abyss if you don't already possess someone to use the resources on. And if you do (which is fine) don't complain about rng. You went into it with your eyes wide open, rolled the dice and came up craps. It happens. Be a big boy/girl and accept it with grace. Over time, your roster depth will grow and you will have someone to r3. Plus, as with all resources, as the game moves on the scarcity changes, and we all chase the next rare resource. Such is the rat race.

The only failure I've seen involves impatient players wanting to keep up with the Jones' and whining incessantly about their own poor roster management.

I can see the no map 7 but will you let me in your allaince? Completion i score on avg 100k, arena about 50k but I have an 8 hr block that I can absolutely sit and grind the whole time but other than that window I'm gone. Kinda a flaw in the game that 8hrs a day isn't enough but so be it I'm happy with what I get.

Why should I have to r3 daredevil or Kingpin to get the offers that were already proven to be there. I have an option and multiple in every single class bar 1.

Tbf I don't want to keep up with the big boys just don't want my years of work to be rolled back to irrelevant in one move and cyber weekend for cavalier was just that.
    I hear everything you are saying. Tbf, 33 six stars is not a deep roster. Now, that's just my opinion, but consider that all 33 of those six stars are not concentrated in one class type. Rather they are spread out between the six different classes. On average you would have ~5 per class to choose from. (ofc randomness could disproportionately lead to a greater or lesser concentration) Now you COULD get lucky and have choices to choose from but that's what it is...luck.

I know that sounds crazy to some. But it absolutely is a roster management issue to go after resources you can't use. ( because there exists no viable candidate to use said resources on) Time (and money) builds depth of a roster. The person who has 5 six stars for each class is far less likely to have a "viable" r3 candidate than someone with 15 per class. That seems common sense to me, yet here we are.

The point is, if you are reliant upon rng, the player failed to account for an adequate amount of incoming resources (high tier alliance rewards) or depth of roster. (viability of choice-now this last could also be the player is very picky but that is another topic for another day).

I hear that but the only way to remove rng is money entirely. I am just using my account as example. My skill 6* is kingpin, dd and thrasher all unduped. But my science is void, rhulk, torch as main candidates with rhulk 60 dupe, ww2 20, electro 20, og cap 0, gwen 0. I have legit choices in all the classes bar skill but a highly duped thrash i admit i would r3 but unduped he is not helpful in anything.

As you see rng is blasting me with science. Over this weekend I'm now fully explored upto 6.4.1 and that nets 50% of every class little over but I also fully explore cav and do the 4* challenge.

I don't know how I'm pushing above my roster as I can explore this with min to 0 items, explored the variants 100. I admit I ignored abyss as I don't have aegon so why over commit at the time as I have the depth and skill for explore for 6.

I don't want anything special just not a backward step for the title i got. I should not be in the position I am in game and be faced with a useless rank up.
    Money/ time and playing at an appropriate level can all offset rng. That is the point though. Sure someone can absolutely be super skilled/lucky but without time/money and playing at an appropriate level, they are more at rng's mercy than they may like.

To me, it matters little if I lack the requisite resources or champs to rank3 someone. In the end, they both lead to the same thing, a lack of availability to rank. If I lack the proper champs to rank, for whatever reason, and I choose to manage my time and roster to accumulate resources I can not yet use, well that is on me. I can blame rng, but really it was me not doing all I can do to offset it.

I've yet to see an example of someone playing in high tier alliances and with a truly deep roster NOT possess the resources or have a viable champ. Believe me, they can exist, just not in large numbers. They have yet to be shown, and I assure you if such a person existed, people would be shining a neon sign screaming "see, see, it is bs".

Like I said, there is nothing wrong with banking a resource for future use. Just recognize that is what one is doing. It will come.

As an aside, you seem like a level-headed individual, I appreciate that. Two people can have a difference of opinion and the world does not end lol.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    So..... is this the new “where is act 6 comp?” Post? Lol.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    edited December 2020

Reference said:

naikavon said:

This is 100% accurate and is gonna be a disagree magnet
    Naikavon's post only got agree and without disagree, only your reply did. Unfortunately.
    I could post the grass is green and sky is blue here and stack up disagrees.
    So we’re all gonna spam disagree on this for the memes right
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    I think Kabam could've let us know Throne breaker was coming out sooner but we had 2 months before cyber weekend and made it clear that Thronebreaker would have better rewards than cavalier but I feel like that's obvious so actually no, everything was just fine as is.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,105 ★★★★★
    It has been a failure thus far

Why do you think it's a failure? Because people want it and don't have it? That used to be called motivation lol

Ive already posted why but I suppose I’ll save you some time...

It was rushed out MONTHS before it was planned and I absolutely 100% believe it was so they could create a different set of deals for cyber Monday. Otherwise they would’ve had to milk the whales who would still be cavalier, but this would essentially give lower Cav players a free ride to a r3. I mean there was 75% of a full t5cc selector in the offers lol

Also, the requirements were so poorly determined that they made it seem so easily attainable by any Cav player even those who are clearly not ready. Of course that’s along the same lines as they made it MUCH easier to obtain that originally planned. They rolled out this new title with very minimal features. Just seems to be very poorly planned out and executed....because once again THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far

naikavon said:

How do you only have 12 r5 champions? Your priorities are wrong.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

It was rushed out MONTHS before it was planned and I absolutely 100% believe it was so they could create a different set of deals for cyber Monday. Otherwise they would’ve had to milk the whales who would still be cavalier, but this would essentially give lower Cav players a free ride to a r3. I mean there was 75% of a full t5cc selector in the offers lol

This doesn't make sense. If Kabam's goal was to milk whales, why wouldn't they want Cav's included in that as well? Plus, why would Kabam care if a player has an opportunity to get a R3 through deals? How does that hurt them? Most anyone who can hang in Map 7 or do a path in abyss can become TB, newly Cav or not.

When TB was announced, it was made very clear that they are releasing this title now, because they are not creating highly difficult content in book 2. This title was going to be tied into book 2 somewhere in like the first or 2nd chapter. The requirements were going to be higher as well but because of the nerfs to Act 6 and the lowering of the difficulty, the title came out before they planned. It had zero to do with the deals.

Did they rush it? I don't think they did. They even pushed it back a week later than planned too. There just wasn't any point in holding the title back with the difficulty lowered.
  • BogOlimpaBogOlimpa Posts: 25
    It’s been fine so far
    I have runked man-think to 3.45. I would never have done this without the title. But he made it possible to buy CyberWeekend offers. And it radically changed my game.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far

Reference said:

naikavon said:

This is 100% accurate and is gonna be a disagree magnet
    Naikavon's post only got agree and without disagree, only your reply did. Unfortunately.
    I could post the grass is green and sky is blue here and stack up disagrees.
    All disagrees are not created equal—I think there are some who just don’t like what you are saying.

Taking Map 7 out of the equation entirely...

Unless I’m mistaken, there are only a couple of scenarios where pRNG is determinative. One is for someone who has not run Abyss and doesn’t have a T5c from all the random crystals (via play and/or offers) that have been available. The solution there is to run Abyss and get a T5c to take that particular aspect of pRNG out of it. Or wait.

But that still leaves one other aspect of pRNG and leads to the other main scenario—where someone who has run Abyss once and explored all other content with T5 crystals and gotten/formed only a single T5c in the class in which his roster lacks a desirable champ.

This scenario stinks, and the solution isn’t optimal: run more Abyss, pop more 6* shards (more pRNG), complete new content that has T5c (also probably more pRNG), or R3 a bad champ. None of those options are likely to satisfy someone stuck in this particular unfortunate notch—though I suspect the population here is not massive. But I understand why they don’t feel like they should have to wait.

I know what would allow me to form a T5c and R3 someone. I’m lucky in that I have not-bad to great options in each 6* class. But there are other, more profitable uses and needs for my time outside the game. So I hang loose and wait.

Dr. Zola

OGAvenger said:

This doesn't make sense. If Kabam's goal was to milk whales, why wouldn't they want Cav's included in that as well? Plus, why would Kabam care if a player has an opportunity to get a R3 through deals? How does that hurt them? Most anyone who can hang in Map 7 or do a path in abyss can become TB, newly Cav or not.

When TB was announced, it was made very clear that they are releasing this title now, because they are not creating highly difficult content in book 2. This title was going to be tied into book 2 somewhere in like the first or 2nd chapter. The requirements were going to be higher as well but because of the nerfs to Act 6 and the lowering of the difficulty, the title came out before they planned. It had zero to do with the deals.

Did they rush it? I don't think they did. They even pushed it back a week later than planned too. There just wasn't any point in holding the title back with the difficulty lowered.
    You did see the Cav offers, correct? It is nothing but obvious they care about whether Cav players can obtain a r3 through deals.

You see what you said about it releasing now because Book 2 being easier than planned doesn’t make sense to me. They tied roster progression into this title for the first time, so the content progression only partly matters. They could’ve still left it at 7.2 completion or exploration and had it 3-5 rank 3’s. The story completion wouldn’t have been as difficult but Act 6 completion isn’t as difficult anymore either
    OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

You did see the Cav offers, correct? It is nothing but obvious they care about whether Cav players can obtain a r3 through deals.

You see what you said about it releasing now because Book 2 being easier than planned doesn’t make sense to me. They tied roster progression into this title for the first time, so the content progression only partly matters. They could’ve still left it at 7.2 completion or exploration and had it 3-5 rank 3’s. The story completion wouldn’t have been as difficult but Act 6 completion isn’t as difficult anymore either
    Yes I saw the Cav offers. That only shows they missed the mark on the offers. We were all Cav players before becoming TB. None of us got there by the way of Cyber weekend deals. Besides, there has only been like 4 deals before Cyber Weekend that had T5CC and those were 10% deals and available to everyone. So no, I don't believe their intention was to slow the progression of Cav players.

They tied the roster progression into it because beating the content aspect of a title is no longer a "wall" to overcome. it's quite obvious that having a R3 is a harder target to hit than getting Cavalier has ever been. We are literally seeing new accounts from Youtubers getting Cav or close to it within weeks. The Cav title has become so diluted in accomplishment because of the reduction in difficulty and the availability of 5*'s and resources.

Titles are supposed to be about accomplishment and they felt that the content wall wasn't good enough to tie a title to it anymore.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    Considering it set another bar and separated people based on progress, it did exactly what it was meant to do.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    “The Cav title has become so diluted in accomplishment because of the reduction in difficulty and the availability of 5*'s and resources.”

@Demonzfyre this in my opinion is the crux of the issues that erupted this past weekend: lack of granularity across Cavalier.

Did some players want to buy their way to TB? Sure. But the good faith complaints really stem from what has happened to a once-valuable title.

Dr. Zola

OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

Yes I saw the Cav offers. That only shows they missed the mark on the offers. We were all Cav players before becoming TB. None of us got there by the way of Cyber weekend deals. Besides, there has only been like 4 deals before Cyber Weekend that had T5CC and those were 10% deals and available to everyone. So no, I don't believe their intention was to slow the progression of Cav players.

They tied the roster progression into it because beating the content aspect of a title is no longer a "wall" to overcome. it's quite obvious that having a R3 is a harder target to hit than getting Cavalier has ever been. We are literally seeing new accounts from Youtubers getting Cav or close to it within weeks. The Cav title has become so diluted in accomplishment because of the reduction in difficulty and the availability of 5*'s and resources.

Titles are supposed to be about accomplishment and they felt that the content wall wasn't good enough to tie a title to it anymore.
    And I agree with that. So if the content progression doesn’t matter as much anymore why move it from 7.2 completion which would’ve been easier than originally planned to another piece of content that is easier than it was before?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    It requires one R3. Where your Roster is at is still a marker of progress. Always has been. Regardless if someone buys some Offers or works at it for a year, our Roster shows progress. The sooner people accept the requirements, the sooner we can all move on to the next argument. Lol.
    DrZola said:

“The Cav title has become so diluted in accomplishment because of the reduction in difficulty and the availability of 5*'s and resources.”

@Demonzfyre this in my opinion is the crux of the issues that erupted this past weekend: lack of granularity across Cavalier.

Did some players want to buy their way to TB? Sure. But the good faith complaints really stem from what has happened to a once-valuable title.

Dr. Zola

Agreed. The Cav title spans a really, really wide berth of the player base. So much so, I'd even be ok if they moved it to the end of act 6 by beating the Grandmaster.

The Cav players who've put their time in that have act 6 100% or run map 7 constantly and are super close to that R3 did get shafted from the deals for sure. Would they have been better if they 10% were selectors? Maybe, maybe not. Kabam see's how big the Cav base is and I believe that's why the deals were what they were.
    OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

And I agree with that. So if the content progression doesn’t matter as much anymore why move it from 7.2 completion which would’ve been easier than originally planned to another piece of content that is easier than it was before?
    Kabam doesn't want the title to be easy to get or it wasn't ever intended to be easy to get. I just think that the TB title was something that wasn't inline with the content was created for and that's why it is what it is now.

Again, I don't think the title is a failure. I'm TB and would say the same even if I wasn't. I think people just need to understand that 1 pass through isn't always going to be enough to get them the title if that's all they are after. I would have become TB without a pass through abyss as I was getting all my T5CC from Map 7. It just would have been 2 weeks later vs me ranking Magneto from my T5CC from Abyss.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

All thronebreakers before cyber weekend managed to get an r3 without the offers. That means it’s 100% possible. Work on it like all other thronebreakers did.