**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you guys like hoarding or open 1 when you get shards?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
How has your luck been in both cases ?

I hoarded big 80k Shards for cyber opening and purchased 1k unit cav deal ..got shafted and totally lost interest in the game as this was my biggest hoarding yet ..trying to get back again slowly though ..

Comments

• It depends. 6*s I open as soon as I get. 5*s I hoard for featured. Everything else I pretty much hoard though like alliance crystals or the t4c crystals
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I always open 6* and almost always open 5*. Everything else is saved. Ill probably be saving 6* for now for the featured though
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    I try to save 4* for when the right dual is there to get more chance for specific ISO, but ehh 5* and 6* I open almost immediately. Can't hoard squat, only the T4CCFC and some lesser crystals.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    I normally open them right away but I’ve started hoarding for a nice tiny little birthday opening
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Antikada said:

I can’t stand hoarding. I need the dopamine... now.

Your pfp reminds me of white walkers from GOT.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    Save for 3 6*s at a time
    Currently saving for next 5* featured, sitting at 210k with the goal of 300k
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I used to open everything once I got it. I started hoarding pretty much everything except 5 and 6 stars in the last 3 months.

Save for 3 6*s at a time

GL man ..hope it turns out to be better than mine
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Save for 3 6*s at a time

GL man ..hope it turns out to be better than mine
    Thanks, but my luck is mostly bad when opening! I'd rather have one big disappointment than lots of single ones!
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    I don't like hoarding but don't have the choice :

- T4CC crystals and shards : not enough T1B/T2A so a lot of T4CC in overflow otherwise
    - 5* shards : I'm gambling on a certain 5* champion (won't tell who, not to jinx it) that was only available as a 4* until recently to be in the next featured 5* so I'm keeping all my shard to try and get her... I mean, "them"
    - gold and arena crystals : need I tell why ?
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I've been hoarding for a while now. Im at 120k 5* shards. I am waiting for the next featured cause it will have Apocalypse and CGR and maybe 5* SW but probably not her but i really want these two as they could change my account
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I only hoard when a champ I want is coming to basic. Never more than a month though, so I can't really call it hoarding.

Unless you include crystals that are 4* and below, which I save until I need ISO or those last few shards.

I've been hoarding for a while now. Im at 120k 5* shards. I am waiting for the next featured cause it will have Apocalypse and CGR and maybe 5* SW but probably not her but i really want these two as they could change my account

GL to you too man ..hope it doesn't turns out like your profile name.
  • hefy2000hefy2000 Posts: 87 ★★
    Still missing a few 5* that I would like for a few niche Act 6 paths, but once I pull them I will start exclusively hoarding for featureds. 6*s usually get opened right away but the upcoming featured is so good that I just started hoarding for those since basics have not been very kind to me.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    Depending on the event of the month, I will alternate whether I hoard or not. I hoarded this last month because I wanted to try for Guardian in the dual crystals, but ended up no luck there. Prolly won’t hoard this month
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I don't normally save, but these upcoming 6* and 5* featured crystals are looking so good that I've made an exception. If I get Apocalypse/CGR in the 6* featured though, I'll just go all out on cosmic dual 5* crystals for Corvus.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    I usually just open things as I get them, but recently I've managed to save up a hefty stash of crystals. Once you've started saving you want to keep going to see the stash grow
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I open literally everything. I'm hoarding gold crystals so I'm avoiding the crystals tab. I also managed to not open a 6* crystal until I had enough for a featured after 3 failed attempts (and 2/3x instant regret)
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★

I don't like hoarding but don't have the choice :

- T4CC crystals and shards : not enough T1B/T2A so a lot of T4CC in overflow otherwise
    - 5* shards : I'm gambling on a certain 5* champion (won't tell who, not to jinx it) that was only available as a 4* until recently to be in the next featured 5* so I'm keeping all my shard to try and get her... I mean, "them"
    - gold and arena crystals : need I tell why ?

I do basically the same thing. I open my 5* crystals pretty much immediately, but all resource crystals stay in the vault until I can cobble together enough alphas. I only open gold crystals about once a year during SA unless I just absolutely need to.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I open 5 6 and 4 stars immediately. I hoard the rest
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

I hoarded big 80k Shards for cyber opening and purchased 1k unit cav deal ..got shafted and totally lost interest in the game as this was my biggest hoarding yet ..trying to get back again slowly though ..

I've tried hoarding and there is no benefit in terms of what you pull, but you might feel better because you are more likely to pull at least one thing you wanted.

Rohit_316 said:

I've tried hoarding and there is no benefit in terms of what you pull, but you might feel better because you are more likely to pull at least one thing you wanted.
    Yeah all RNGarbage