**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Things to think about when getting a new phone?

I'm finally getting a new phone that I ordered on black friday, after sticking to my Samsung Galaxy S7 for years...! It's actually been great, up until the battery time started to drop dramatically.

Now, what do I need to think about to take up my account on the new phone? Anything important so that I can seemleslly log onto my account on the new phone abnd keep playing? The new one's a Samsung S20

Comments

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Nothing much ..if you have kabam id and password, install the game and login ..all your history will come back
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Nothing much ..if you have kabam id and password, install the game and login ..all your history will come back

Thx!
    I seem to have linked my account to google play way back. Does that do the trick, or should I log on using kabam account on the new phone?
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

Thx!
    I seem to have linked my account to google play way back. Does that do the trick, or should I log on using kabam account on the new phone?
    That's fine too
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    I’d definitely make a kabam account, and ensure you write it down or put it somewhere you won’t lose it, just in case. Even though you have a google play account, making a kabam one is just to be extra safe.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Just log into the app and everything updates. Your profile is fetched from a server when you log in, not retrieved from your device.

It's too late now, but for anyone reading this for their own info: for MCOC the iPhone is the best option, iOS is so much faster than Android. FWIW, I upgraded mine yesterday and it carried everything over, didn't even need to log into the new phone, it just worked.
    Haji_Saab said:

Since you are asking on this game forum, I would say the number one thing is to get an iphone as this game has always run better on iOS than android.

Haha... I know. But for many other reasons I just can't stand getting an iphone, not even to run this game more smoothly. ;)
    Hazzalec1 said:

I’d definitely make a kabam account, and ensure you write it down or put it somewhere you won’t lose it, just in case. Even though you have a google play account, making a kabam one is just to be extra safe.

Yeah, when I look at the login options I seem to be logged onto kabam account also, using my current e-mail. Maybe I should make sure I have the password written down to be sure, before making the switch.
    BTW, maybe a stupid question. But is the kabam account the same I use to log on here on the forum, or are they separate?
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I use several devices so I’ve transfers several times and if you log into the play store it’ll auto log in on start up
    Or log in via Kabam
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★

BTW, maybe a stupid question. But is the kabam account the same I use to log on here on the forum, or are they separate?

I think they’re the same
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Lol, same situation. Had a Galaxy S7 and upgraded to Galasy S20. Just so you know, this game is not meant for the 120 gHz screen. It runs very smooth and beautiful most times, occasionally blurriness like at beginning of fights when heroes are rushing towards middle. But playing, u cant. Timing is totally off. Tapping screen to do basic attack sometimes results in heavy attack. I just stick to the 60 gHz.

Overall, look for phone with memory and crisp, clear screen. Good speakers are nice also.
    edited December 2020
    doctorb said:

Lol, same situation. Had a Galaxy S7 and upgraded to Galasy S20. Just so you know, this game is not meant for the 120 gHz screen. It runs very smooth and beautiful most times, occasionally blurriness like at beginning of fights when heroes are rushing towards middle. But playing, u cant. Timing is totally off. Tapping screen to do basic attack sometimes results in heavy attack. I just stick to the 60 gHz.

Overall, look for phone with memory and crisp, clear screen. Good speakers are nice also.

Cool, I think I get it tomorrow. It'll be fun to check everything out. So there's a setting to change the refresh rate then? Hopefully you mean 120 Hz, if they have 120 gigahertz I'd be very surprised, and impressed! ;)
    Maybe I'll have to change it for when I play this game, and then change it back for movies and other games. Hopefully they'll adapt the game to quicker screens in a while, since it will become common.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    RE OP: I went from Samsung [Using Google Play] to an IPad, and ended up linking the account to my online [here] account. Can then log in to any device using this account, and just forgot about Google Play. Having the one ID to use across all platforms is so much easier.

As for the type of device, I'm also interested to keep up to date with this, as I have gone through several phones and tablets over the years with many different variations of whether the game actual works, and what quality it is. Hopefully the S20 will give you some great gameplay for a while before the game starts to glitch, the buttons become less responsive, the loading times gradually increases, in-game icons start to disappear, and generally get tot he point where you want to smash it up! :smile:

RE OP: I went from Samsung [Using Google Play] to an IPad, and ended up linking the account to my online [here] account. Can then log in to any device using this account, and just forgot about Google Play. Having the one ID to use across all platforms is so much easier.

As for the type of device, I'm also interested to keep up to date with this, as I have gone through several phones and tablets over the years with many different variations of whether the game actual works, and what quality it is. Hopefully the S20 will give you some great gameplay for a while before the game starts to glitch, the buttons become less responsive, the loading times gradually increases, in-game icons start to disappear, and generally get tot he point where you want to smash it up! :smile:

Haha, it's been working ok on the old S7 for a long time. Not as responsive as when I've seen the game on an iphone. Maybe it's easier to optimize for iphone, since all iphones are much more uniform than one android phone compared to another. I'll just hope they'll adapt the game to new higher refresh rates. Could theoretically give a very nice flow in the gameplay I suppose.
    Report:
    The New Phone is up and running. Everything was smooth, just logged on using google play and it resumed like it was supposed to!
    The flow is better on the S20 than on the old S7! I started with the standard 60Hz setting, and it works good. Actually, I just now tried 120Hz, and some of the motion looks a bit strange, like the games isn't made for 120Hz (so far) but I found it helped a little bit with timing my parry and intercepts. Wasn't bad at all. Maybe not as smooth as it runs on an iPhone, but still much better than my old phone!
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

Report:
    The New Phone is up and running. Everything was smooth, just logged on using google play and it resumed like it was supposed to!
    The flow is better on the S20 than on the old S7! I started with the standard 60Hz setting, and it works good. Actually, I just now tried 120Hz, and some of the motion looks a bit strange, like the games isn't made for 120Hz (so far) but I found it helped a little bit with timing my parry and intercepts. Wasn't bad at all. Maybe not as smooth as it runs on an iPhone, but still much better than my old phone!

Yes from having both a Samsung Android and iPad Tablet, the gameplay controls are worlds apart. The cognitive controls your hands learn from playing one device just don't work on another. Strange how it's the same game just on a different platform.
    I pretty sure my next phone will be an iPhone, as up to now I've only ever had Android. But seen as I don't really use a phone for anything other gaming I might as well get it optimised for this.
    Hopefully an iPhone will be as good, if not better, than my iPad mini 5.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    I’m a it late to this conversation, but i’d check for a battery replacement first and see if it helped to prolong your Samsung galaxy s7 before you once again decide to get a new phone.
    Daddrieda said:

I’m a it late to this conversation, but i’d check for a battery replacement first and see if it helped to prolong your Samsung galaxy s7 before you once again decide to get a new phone.

Yeah, I was basically happy with it. But... besides the battery problem the screen had developed a fault also. A clear line in the screen, where like a third of the screen was lessened in brightness slightly. So it was time to change! :)