**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen) Buff after trying him out?

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

A lot of his abilities and kit are being ignored, also his rotation will take time to master, but he is very strong and resilient. Obscene burst damage is not everything, Corvus and Blade both are not good in ROL, but shine in other places.

His potential has yet to be unlocked.

This is the same community that thought Corvus, Warlock and Claire Voyant we're ok, also Apocalypse. This champion has resilience, packs a good punch, good utility and helpful synergies.

The only thing I would change is regeneration rate, if they do that he will be a great champ.

Agree 100%
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★

Holros said:

BigBlueOx said:

It is not a buff, it is nerf... Kabam made daredevil unplayable with decreased heal, especially against void or with suicide mastery.

Void would destroy him as his rage would count towards voids debuff melt ability. This guy gets it
    Actually he is a nice counter to void, what are you on about, just do sp2 when below 30 hit to immediately to cancel rage to fury
    I don’t think I’d ever, ever bring DD against void. You’re just asking for trouble doing that.
    Lol actually no, he is a good counter to void, and you can approach the match up in different ways, first you can parry heavy for the whole fight use sp2 rinse and repeat, and void will go down without any trouble, in fact you won't have trouble with his debuffs because they will purify immediately they come on, another solid option is spamming sp1, he have 6 hit combos and his sp1 have about 7 hit if I am not mistaken, you should be clocking 10 hits to purify his debuff with ease and you don't have to worry about rage which might be your problem, and you can also play him normally, throw sp2 when your combo meter is below 30 and always switch to Murdock when you need to purify debuff.
    I think a lot of people need to pay attention to his kit, it is very flexible and can be used in different ways, you just need to pay attention in fights and play around with him more
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I agree with you that there are too many synergies. But I feel like the main problem is none of them are ground breaking. Apocalypse’s synergies are good because all you need on the team is him and the synergy member. I’m okay with having more synergies on old characters if they greatly boost the character by themself. You’re not going to want to use 4 other champions for Dormammu, using your example, but I wouldn’t complain about one really good synergy.
    edited December 2020
    Holros said:

Again, like other champs - nobody wants a complicated rotation which they don’t want to learn. He’s very viable and can do a lot if you learn his rotation and abilities.

People want out of the box mega damage dealing champs where they smash the buttons and win. That’s not going to happen over and over again. This guy is a skill based champ that has an issue with regen. Then he’s usable to those who learn him.

ROL WS is a terrible testing ground for utility based champions. Unfortunately we use that as a legitimate measure of worth and usually stops there.

I'm sure people will come around with time, and people seem to be sleeping on his synergy with elektra and psylocke, he counters a lot with it, thing is hopeless against him when you are above 15 hits with this synergy, counters evade, auto block, regen and other defensive abilities with it also
    https://youtu.be/HnGorPTBjW0

Rock stacks

I’d fight him differently now and manage the combo meter better with heavies (cruelties). The fury would trigger automatically, but you get the point.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Denslo500 said:

just watched the MCOCAlbundy video previously mentioned.
    It fully illustrates the buff's potential.

DDHK has a more complex mechanic than I can manage in an Act 6 fight.
    For the difficulty required to play him right, he should have a bigger payoff.

Un-nerf the healing, so we can use suicides on him or boost his damage.
    Otherwise, he is going to be Hela (great but unusable by most summoners).

Still his numbers aren’t rewarding given the learning curve. And I’m not talking about Ghost, Colossus, level. The numbers should justify putting in the work to get his playstyle right for the situation. Whether start off with sp3 or keep your combo under 15 or keep above 15 to access DAAR, what rotation to use for what fight and what not. A lot going on yet nothing to reward you for.
    He should be playable in today’s meta and going forward, he just been buffed with such mediocre numbers and very very odd so-called OP regen.
    End gamers wont use him, newer players might find his style a bit more to figure it out they might probably go for much more simple champs with better stats. He’s been buff, he should be better than this.
    This buff is a shame! Wonder if tune up may have been better.
    #fixdaredevil.

Holros said:

Again, like other champs - nobody wants a complicated rotation which they don’t want to learn. He’s very viable and can do a lot if you learn his rotation and abilities.

People want out of the box mega damage dealing champs where they smash the buttons and win. That’s not going to happen over and over again. This guy is a skill based champ that has an issue with regen. Then he’s usable to those who learn him.

ROL WS is a terrible testing ground for utility based champions. Unfortunately we use that as a legitimate measure of worth and usually stops there.

I'm sure people will come around with time, and people seem to be sleeping on his synergy with elektra and psylocke, he counters a lot with it, thing is hopeless against him when you are above 15 hits with this synergy, counters evade, auto block, regen and other defensive abilities with it also

Rock stacks

I’d fight him differently now and manage the combo meter better with heavies (cruelties). The fury would trigger automatically, but you get the point.
    Nice gameplay, with the synergy you can completely shut it off, you have to occasionally use heavies to knock him down though, I'm taking mine to r5 in the nearest future
    Holros said:

Holros said:

Rock stacks

Nice gameplay, with the synergy you can completely shut it off, you have to occasionally use heavies to knock him down though, I'm taking mine to r5 in the nearest future
    Thanks. Here’s him vs V1 Magik:

https://youtu.be/idy2lUxDtkE

Look at him shrug off in beginning

Holros said:

Holros said:

Rock stacks

That's cool, how much SIG does yours have?
    Holros said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

Rock stacks

Max, 200. It’s necessary for the AAR
    SknZn said:

Kabam always mess it up when they do things just by themselves. Where is the communication? Where were the open beta for DD? Where is the all evade and true strike utilities? Do you guys even know the character?? Epic failures one by one starting with the cybermonday now THE ALL MIGHTY OVERHAUL

If we’re patient, I’m confident they will help DDHK be better. They’re still drinking coffee over there in Vancouver. As long as Miike drops a message and the fact that Zibiit asked us to use one thread means they’re reading it.

Holros said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

Rock stacks

Max, 200. It’s necessary for the AAR
    That's cool, I'm yet to dupe mine, at max SIG he is like a low budget namor, very handy utility to have
  • Quake2409Quake2409 Posts: 5
    Right off the bat like any other characters he does have pro's and cons. But in this case the cons did takeover pro's. He is just so so so much underwhelming damage and utility wise. He could have been 2nd Fury. This can be my most regrettable R5 ever. First of all his sig is definitely kinda useless. Then conversion of furies is tough to stack to maybe get juicy damage. He sucks against void considering Skill champs should counter science (exceptions will always be there). His Heavy miss mechanic TBH could have been a part of DD where maybe he could have been a bit easier to play. That guy with non damaging shrug off is a bit nonsense considering cooldown and how much mode he changes fast. His sig does same stuff as OR and Gambit and LMAO they have by far better damage and utility. I haven't seen great numbers from him. Even from all of these I am not factoring his suicides compatibility. If you don't want that guy to be compatible with suicides ok fine. But like Dr. Doom give us the reason that champ should be worth putting off suicides. Kabam really on this rework missed potential. In pro's section he has decent damage a wacky playstyle and good physical resistance. However they did a fantastic job on animations. I am not a dev or close to them myself but his rotation does feel complex and kinda repeated stuff. And even his rotation is not worth it. I understand if you don't want the suicides compatibilty but then atleast give him mechanjcs like Ægon and Fury to get big damage without suicides. Maybe they could have gone with a persistant or pre fight ability. I have 1 request to @KabamMike and others to make DD great again. Just get that guy his damage like a true skill champ and do something with his sig. Players can adjust to playstyles.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Holros said:

Holros said:

BigBlueOx said:

It is not a buff, it is nerf... Kabam made daredevil unplayable with decreased heal, especially against void or with suicide mastery.

Void would destroy him as his rage would count towards voids debuff melt ability. This guy gets it
    Actually he is a nice counter to void, what are you on about, just do sp2 when below 30 hit to immediately to cancel rage to fury
    I don’t think I’d ever, ever bring DD against void. You’re just asking for trouble doing that.
    Lol actually no, he is a good counter to void, and you can approach the match up in different ways, first you can parry heavy for the whole fight use sp2 rinse and repeat, and void will go down without any trouble, in fact you won't have trouble with his debuffs because they will purify immediately they come on, another solid option is spamming sp1, he have 6 hit combos and his sp1 have about 7 hit if I am not mistaken, you should be clocking 10 hits to purify his debuff with ease and you don't have to worry about rage which might be your problem, and you can also play him normally, throw sp2 when your combo meter is below 30 and always switch to Murdock when you need to purify debuff.
    I think a lot of people need to pay attention to his kit, it is very flexible and can be used in different ways, you just need to pay attention in fights and play around with him more
    You do you. I’ll stick to using more effective void counters.
    Just to be clear, I don’t think he’s awful, but I think he’s still dissapointing. Max sig ability will definitely have some uses though.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

Holros said:

Holros said:

BigBlueOx said:

Just to be clear, I don’t think he’s awful, but I think he’s still dissapointing. Max sig ability will definitely have some uses though.
    Question is: Is he worth max sig in this state? I doubt it.
    For the fun of it, some DD fans may and that’s just about it.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

BigBlueOx said:

Question is: Is he worth max sig in this state? I doubt it.
    For the fun of it, some DD fans may and that’s just about it.
    Yeah I’ve considered taking mine to max sig, but only because I’ve duped him 8 times naturally...
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    he's def the worst buff champ when you compare him to all the other champ that's been tuned up, Luke Cage, Red Hulk, Venom, Spider Gwen, Colossus, Red Mag, Gambit, Falcon even Gamora, its hard press to find how DD is better than any of those champs i just listed in form of a tune up or a overhaul , its like they just change his animation and then throw in some words with no testing and say here guys a new DD, no CCP testing or vid, you know its bad when u go on youtube and not one person was impress or had a lot of good things to say about him, i have him at rank 4 max sig and I've been playing around with him for a few hours and he's beyond underwhelming and if you run suicides good luck, just disappointing if you disagree please show me some game play where i can't use 10 other champ to that's better for that fight .
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    I’m seeing this daredevil still evading projectiles however it’s not mentioned anywhere on the champion in-game. Was this mentioned at all and/or was this ability not yet removed from his kit?
    buffajr said:

I’m seeing this daredevil still evading projectiles however it’s not mentioned anywhere on the champion in-game. Was this mentioned at all and/or was this ability not yet removed from his kit?

Spider Gwen synergy. When you charge a heavy you can evade a projectile for 1.5 s