**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Updates to Cavalier Difficulty Support Buffs

13»

Comments

• TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    Seems like this wasn't implemented? Skill champ buff is still showing 15% on the tool tip and is stacking to 20.
  • NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    what are the changes for vuln? @Kabam John
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    No cav challenge this month?
  • Canucks37Canucks37 Posts: 85
    My tech champs dont seem to be power draining or gaining furies on every parry with the technician node, only every second or so? Using warlock and guardian through the whole path in cav + the side quest, maybe Im missing something
  • DrakeDrake Posts: 101
    I was disappointed with the health nerf last month and this month, but apart from that I am still absolutely blown away by the way CEQ has been designed. It even looks like you guys are getting better about not putting really annoying fights in the chapters where there's no good counter for them or only class disadvantaged ones if you use the chapter's buffed class.

I'd love to level champs that I would *never* have considered ranking prior to CEQ and these beneficial class buffs. But... I can't say that trust is super high (given past game changes) that I won't rank up a 6 star Angela and then find out that CEQ and it's fun buffs had a solid 6 month run, but now you're going another direction and I did my rank up just in time to bench her permanently.

Obviously you can't promise anything in detail... but can we expect this general format to stay in place on the Cav level of difficulty on the monthly event quests? That is to say... skill champs will continue to be rewarded for each damaging debuff that falls off, and cosmic champs will continue to be rewarded for each fury/armor/precision that applies, etc? It's fine that tweeks will continue to get made. I'm not looking for an answer that would mean I have cover to flip out since Angela arguably got a little worse this month by reducing the total number of aptitudes gained. I just want to know that if I rank her, I won't suddenly find out that fury/armor/precision had it's run, but now you're going to focus on rewarding cosmic champs that get cruelty, bulwark and power gain buffs instead for the next year.

Some level of reassurance would be not just nice, but (I believe) appropriate. These are big investments. If a repeating event can be counted on to provide content that is very effectively countered by Mole Man, and Mister Fantastic and Angela and Red Skull, I'll actually rank these guys up instead of the same cast of usual suspects!
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I noticed a clear difference with Power Technician - good adjustments.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

The quests are already easy imo. This just makes it easier to do the 4* challenge. A lot easier.

That's fine with me lol. I don't think Cav difficulty needs to be adjusted but I don't have the time currently to run it with 4*s, especially with my currently ranked 4*s.
    I refuse to use any resource that are valuable like a t4 basic, or t4cc on a 4 star. They can keep the 10% t5cc I'm not wasting my time or revives on such a ridiculous challenge.
    I realized that I had rank up gems I never used in my stash. My 4-stars were dated...Cap IW was the newest ranked up champ I think, besides Omega. I think I’m gonna try to pick one per class in areas where I’m hurting and/or have gems - warlock, void, and fury...maybe doom. The easy path and boost to the nodes makes that 10% attainable IMO though I haven’t done it yet.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

The quests are already easy imo. This just makes it easier to do the 4* challenge. A lot easier.

That's fine with me lol. I don't think Cav difficulty needs to be adjusted but I don't have the time currently to run it with 4*s, especially with my currently ranked 4*s.
    I refuse to use any resource that are valuable like a t4 basic, or t4cc on a 4 star. They can keep the 10% t5cc I'm not wasting my time or revives on such a ridiculous challenge.
    I realized that I had rank up gems I never used in my stash. My 4-stars were dated...Cap IW was the newest ranked up champ I think, besides Omega. I think I’m gonna try to pick one per class in areas where I’m hurting and/or have gems - warlock, void, and fury...maybe doom. The easy path and boost to the nodes makes that 10% attainable IMO though I haven’t done it yet.
    Try to identify the 4 stars that work really well with the Node. I run Suicides so take that with a grain of salt but these are some characters that I've identified as the best.

Science - Luke Cage, She-Hulk
    Mutant - Omega Red, Red Magneto,
    Tech - Warlock, Guillotine 2099
    Mystic - Claire, only Claire lol
    Cosmic - Medusa, Hyperion, Venom to a lesser extent but Spiders are annoying so get him up too
    Skill - Nick Fury, Aegon is great too as long as there are a couple of easy fights at the start.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

TyEdge said:

Try to identify the 4 stars that work really well with the Node. I run Suicides so take that with a grain of salt but these are some characters that I've identified as the best.

Cosmic - Medusa, Hyperion, Venom to a lesser extent but Spiders are annoying so get him up too
    Skill - Nick Fury, Aegon is great too as long as there are a couple of easy fights at the start.
    As for mystic, I find sorcerer to be faster than Claire. As for skill, I find deadly origins to be waaaaaaaaaay better than aegon for it. As for cosmic, I find Angela to be better than venom easily. As for science, I find Void to be a bit faster than shehulk.
  • DrakeDrake Posts: 101
    Kill_Grey said:

K00shMaan said:

TyEdge said:

As for mystic, I find sorcerer to be faster than Claire. As for skill, I find deadly origins to be waaaaaaaaaay better than aegon for it. As for cosmic, I find Angela to be better than venom easily. As for science, I find Void to be a bit faster than shehulk.
    Yeah, that's just a list of the best champs in each class that can take advantage of the node in some way. There are WAY better options. BWDO and Angela are both top of the list. Mole Man is surprisingly good. You just keep him in his useful phase (non-frenzy) but still do good damage due to the skill boost node. Heimdall and Carnage are quite good in cosmic. OG BP in skill. Really ANY tech champ with a persistent starting armor up is great in that chapter. Red Skull kinda rocks in there. Mr. F and HT in science are rock solid. Cap IW with all 3 debuff class synergies.

Science is the biggest bummer chapter for me. Not enough science champs can use it. They should add a node where science champs who apply a single debuff also apply a stacking persistent debuff counter, kinda like a loa that does nothing but count as a debuff. Too few science can keep 3 debuffs applied consistently enough to be usable.
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    So have they said anything new if there is gonna be a cav objective this month or not?
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

TyEdge said:

Sorcerer Supreme has the most reliable nullify in the game and she works perfectly well for the Mystic chapter.

I’ll add Namor to the Mutant class too.

Torch slays the Science one.
  • Trizzy_MillzTrizzy_Millz Posts: 30
    Treinin said:

Can you also make it so the buffs actually work for all champions? Omega doesn't purify bleeds, Archangel won't purify them if the opponent has neurotoxin on, Quake doesn't seem to gain the science exploits when her debuffs expire if concussion is up, etc... Seems like there are lots of problems with the support buffs not interacting with champions properly.

I’ve also been having issues with medusa. She won’t produce more than 2 aptitude buffs even after cycling through her fury phases over 4 times.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

K00shMaan said:

TyEdge said:

Sorcerer Supreme has the most reliable nullify in the game and she works perfectly well for the Mystic chapter.
    True. No SP 3 needed, no need to touch the opponent repeatedly or the like. Just need an SP 1, and she'll nullify the personal space furies as fast as they come, so she reaches 10 prowesses very easily. Paired with her armor break, the special damage is nutty af!
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    The changes this month made a big difference! I actually think I will 100% Cavalier this month! Good job, Kabam!
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    What happened to this month’s 4* challenge, or Cavalier challenge for the extra 10% t5cc? I’m 4500 away from Thronebreaker and was looking forward to at least 2 chances of getting the title.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I think these changes made a difference. I was able to 100 percent for the first time. Thanks.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    Yeah, looking good. Cav is almost kinda fun with some of these interactions. This is the first time I ever bothered to play more than a path of it. I’m probably gonna 100% them from now on.
    The nodes stay the same right? Or are they changed every month?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★

Yeah, looking good. Cav is almost kinda fun with some of these interactions. This is the first time I ever bothered to play more than a path of it. I’m probably gonna 100% them from now on.
    The nodes stay the same right? Or are they changed every month?

I believe they have been the same set of six nodes so far, just in different orders and now with the buff. Whether this remains true, no clue.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    Heads up. If you have the pacify mastery unlocks it also interfers with the tech buff. There's a 30% chance each for the power drain and fury not to proc.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★
    I think you need to bring back completion rewards and let the players decide whether they want to focus on exploration of lower chapters or on completion of entire challenge first. I, personally, prefer to focus on completion first, then go back and see how far I can go for exploration.

Please bring back completion rewards for cavalier and uncollected.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    the global supporting buffs are more helping now, but some of them like the power tech one doesn't work all the time, like i'm not getting that passive fury on well time blocks 50% of the time, etc. also the problem wasn't on the supporting global nodes the problem was and is the lackluster rewards. unless of course if kabam is planning a thronebreaker difficulty EQ very soon like no later than February 2021