**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How is MVP calculated?

FluxxyFluxxy Posts: 57
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
As the title suggests I'm after info on the scoring system that determines end of war rankings. We're a 2 BG alliance and our ranking in a war determines our ability to join the following war immediately or once reserves are called.

I'm curious to know what the system is because we recently won a war in which the mvp had 6 offensive kills, 0 defensive kills, 26k defense rating and 18% exploration while another beat him in every stat except for offensive kills which was also 6 (Edit: he also took out a mini and final boss) so we're a little confused .

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Im not familiar at all with the actual specifics of the scoring, but have a general knowledge of it to conclude the following.
    Without establishing an actual points value for each and every metric, the MVP is determined by and considers the individual aspects of the war match that includes defender placement rating, Atk phase team rating, total number of tiles covered, total number of enemy defenders defeated, total number of enemy attackers defeated(Im going to assume this no longer valid with the 86ing of defender kill points). All these are weighed in and given an overall value to be compared to the totals of the same metrics calculated for each and every other alliance member present in the war. Those with the highest totals are deemed the MVP. I hope that helps give you a general idea of it.

BTW, in the previous version of AW, I did witness a boss kill to grant more in exploration for a player that defeated them. But they literally have to singlehandedly take them out or do more than approx. 80% of the damage for it to be noticeable.
    @fluxxy, Im assuming the 2nd member placed 2ndMVP then? Did you take into consideration each members attack team rating? And from my experience I derived that the exploration percentage values given are pretty "rough numbers" for lack of a better term.

IMO, the MVP staus is really just a cosmetic "reward" that highlights individual accomplishment and serves no real valuable purpose other than to "stroke ones ego". I wouldnt be to concerned with it and also keep in mind that its a team effort. Slightly akin to boss kills, an indvidual has to be the one that takes them out and is announced as the one that "has defeated the final boss", but they would never had gotten the opportunity if it werent for the other members that helped take out their path link nodes and the mini bosses, and in the end, its the entire group that helped and benefits equally. Best of luck to you!
  • Thanks a lot for the replies Wok, they do help to reaffirm the notion that ranking shouldn't be as much of a determination of one's actual war skill.
    My ally should really look at a new system to organise our bg's and reserves.
    @Fluxxy , Thats a good idea, difficult for an alliance to improve unless everyone( starting with the leaders ) is willing to adjust and make changes for the better. Good communication isnt just a necessity for coordination of team member movement on the map, if younknow what I mean. Lol

Good luck in your next war!
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    edited October 2017
    I am curious of this as well and would like an answer as this makes no sense comparison of 3rd and 2nd place my attack team r4 duped ronan bp and r3 stark spider all duped 5.
    His attack team r4 guilly and 5/50 ice and cap. So my attack team is higher, my defence is higher, my explore is higher, my defence kills are higher, and attack kills are even yet he is higher MVP. How is it worked out. As I can't find nor work out any way to judge this. 8r5wxh27jogm.png
    1us.v-rbha452tchut.png

@Kabam Miike
    Guess you can only put 2 photos in one post
    8qwgjuii084w.png
    @Wil6541 , my guess is as good as yours......I can only assume that possibly the type of kills(linknode, miniboss, boss) might play a factor. Also hypothetically, if 1 player explored an empty part of the map with few to no defenders as opposed to another player who faced multiple defenders perhaps? It would be interesting to know for sure.
    Possibly but I did centre right so could of links and mini boss centre. I hate it makes 0 sense. It ultimately means nothing but I wanna know @WOK
  • MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    It's a joke stat just take outside left path and you'll get it no matter what, don't even need to do anything on boss.
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    I’m pretty sure you need most kills (attacker and defender) and you need the most exploration
    @Wil6541 I would also like to know exactly how the scoring is formulated. Unfortunately, past experience and consistent trend tells me that similar to a lot of other undisclosed/uncertainties/issues about the game, we probably wont have a clue until it doesnt matter anymore, nor get a detailed response and breakdown of how its supposed to work.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    From what i see it has ALOT to do with prestige. My prestige is awful, i will have done 2 fights, and someonw with 400k rating will join AW, not even moved a tile or done a fight and have more % than me. Defender kills also is calculated. Saw one guy only had 4 attacker kills but had 18 defender kills so he was in top 3. Dont stress it, a lot of it is out of your control. I had 9 kills (including boss) once but had no defender kills and wasnt even in top 3.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    From what i see it has ALOT to do with prestige. My prestige is awful, i will have done 2 fights, and someonw with 400k rating will join AW, not even moved a tile or done a fight and have more % than me. Defender kills also is calculated. Saw one guy only had 4 attacker kills but had 18 defender kills so he was in top 3. Dont stress it, a lot of it is out of your control. I had 9 kills (including boss) once but had no defender kills and wasnt even in top 3.

Dont think it’s prestige but rather defender rating.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Either way, doing well on attack will not get you MVP, there are many other factors is the point, you may be right idk. I wish i knew lol. @NevvB
    It is an interesting thought that individual prestige might be part of the MVP "calculations". But then I would have to question, if a somewhat complex array of varied data is being compiled and tabulated just for "aesthetic" MVP titles, how in the world did the current AW scoring problems get botched and go live unnoticed? LoL
  • It's a combo of exploration, defender rating, attacker and defender kills, with attacker kills weighing the most.
  • themikithemiki Posts: 60
    Looks like just exploration. Of course without attacker kills, you can’t explore. They go hand and hand.
    @themiki , Actually, we get exploration points for covering tiles on the map even if there are no defenders to take out.
    I have highest prestige in alliance at 5424 so don't think that's it.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    WOK wrote: »
    @fluxxy, Im assuming the 2nd member placed 2ndMVP then? Did you take into consideration each members attack team rating? And from my experience I derived that the exploration percentage values given are pretty "rough numbers" for lack of a better term.

IMO, the MVP staus is really just a cosmetic "reward" that highlights individual accomplishment and serves no real valuable purpose other than to "stroke ones ego". I wouldnt be to concerned with it and also keep in mind that its a team effort. Slightly akin to boss kills, an indvidual has to be the one that takes them out and is announced as the one that "has defeated the final boss", but they would never had gotten the opportunity if it werent for the other members that helped take out their path link nodes and the mini bosses, and in the end, its the entire group that helped and benefits equally. Best of luck to you!

I somewhat agree with you on this. I would agree 100% before they started to post it on your profile. Now that you accumulate MVPs on your profile, I can definitely see recruiting getting more stricter and "elitist". I can see recruiting posts saying "must have at least 10 MVPs to join" or some bogus requirement like that. While I am not entirely sure how it is calculated, I do not think it is really the best measure of skill or who contributed the most. In AW 1.0 there have been times I took path 2 or 3, taken down a mini and the boss solo and still ranked like 10th or lower on the list. There is some weird algorithm somewhere calculating these scores oddly. Of course with Kabam's math (+70% healing for DS = 1.5M regen) who knows what that is.
    edited October 2017
    I think I worked it out. Notice how aw has a score similar to aq. So that score must tally like aq but you can't see individual people points. So because I do unstunnable and limber paths I get spiders of all sorts and unduped nc. Low pi so low points. Another guy goes a different route gets rockets and mordo so high pi fights. He wins MVP and all other aw stats are simply tie breakers nothing more.