**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My issues with the Celebrity Event.

Okay, this is just my opinion, spoken as a 100% F2P player, the Celebrity Event sucks. Specifically, Chapter 2. As I went through and explored the first chapter, at first I was just chilling, with the first few just auto fighting, but then it started to get more and more challenging, and it got very fun at the end of chapter one, and I was having a great time playing MCoC, but then I went into chapter 2, and all my even possibilities of going for the big rewards went out the window, what I saw was a frustrating maddening pretty much totally anti non-endgame level hoarder F2P players. It didn’t even look fun. And I’m not talking about the nodes, those were fine, and actually really cool and fun, even though they were challenging. What I’m talking about is the fact that you have to pretty much spend a **** ton of units if you had any hopes of getting through the quest. With my rank one six star and rank 5 and 4 five stars I got through the first round, hoping to just head straight for the exit and just get completion rewards, but no, you have to go through the whole thing before you can get anything. If you’re going to make a pay to play piece of content, please actually make at least a little concession for F2P players, I get why you didn’t make the setup with the portals the same as the first chapter, as that would make it much easier, (although I’d love that) but at least give F2P people a chance to go from the end of round one to the end. If we can’t whale on the nexus and six star, at least give us something. Now, here’s some suggestions that I believe would have made this much better and more fun while still being hard. I think that the last quest should have been something like this, you go in, and there’s only one round of champions to get through. These could have one of two differences to the ones currently, one an additional node for even more difficulty but still playable with high skill, or even something as simple as making them all like 125,000 Power Index with way higher health and somewhat higher attack. That in and of itself makes the already hardest boss, Gwenpool, crazy hard if you don’t have the skill to transfer Bane, making it a challenging experience with high skill required instead of high wallets. And I mean, let’s be real here, I know you are a company and you want to make money, that’s always your main goal, but in December? Really? What, you don’t make enough from the gifting event? You gotta tantalize the F2P people with great rewards and make them spend all they have to maybe get stuff and get whales to spend even more money on it? You can get plenty of money from gifting, we all know that, so please, throw us a bone, not a bill.

Comments

• HandOfMightHandOfMight Posts: 16
    All I’m going to say is it’s called a challenge for a reason its not going to be straight forward & I’m a F2P mediocre player
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I had farmed a ton of health potions and saved boosts, and I made it through, and I am only Cavalier. I did deplete all of those resources, but it felt good to complete it. The rewards were nice, especially because this was a surprise event. Would love to see more special events like this.

This quest was nicely designed because it's the same fight fights six times, so you could more easily plan your roster. If I had used a better counter for Gwenpool, I would have used fewer resources for sure.

I like how new content is being made so that the nodes don't merely punish you, but can offer benefits for your attackers. Helps keep the game fun, not aggravating.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★

But Miike, the Pig was mean to me and he beat me up, and now all my Champions are knocked out and this is too hard and I’m pretty sure he called me a bad word.

Them’s the breaks kiddo. That’s the point of a Champion Challenge! These Quests are not meant to be easy. Many will attempt it, and few will succeed. But don’t let that stop you from trying. Find as far as you can go, and push to beat that quest!

These are hard, and they're meant to be! Try asking for some tips on how to handle certain situations from your fellow Summoners. There is an immense wealth of knowledge contained here.
    Corvus handled three of the fights well (Deadpool, Mysterio and Warlock). Sym Supreme was great against HTD. I had brought Omega for Gwenpool but was bad at countering her heavy, so he stayed below a bar of power almost the entire time. He might be a good counter, and I'm just a scrub.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Moot4Life said:

But Miike, the Pig was mean to me and he beat me up, and now all my Champions are knocked out and this is too hard and I’m pretty sure he called me a bad word.

Them’s the breaks kiddo. That’s the point of a Champion Challenge! These Quests are not meant to be easy. Many will attempt it, and few will succeed. But don’t let that stop you from trying. Find as far as you can go, and push to beat that quest!

These are hard, and they're meant to be! Try asking for some tips on how to handle certain situations from your fellow Summoners. There is an immense wealth of knowledge contained here.
    how do you beat mysterio
    Depends on what you have. I used Sorcerer Supereme and sometimes Ghost in ch2.

Any poison immune or armor break or shrug off character should be able to do it.
    thanks @Haji_Saab , also would doom work for warlock since hes shock immune?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You had fun on chapter 1. You couldn't get through chapter 2. That doesn't make it pay to win, it just means you need to practice it more throughout the month, or you aren't ready for it. In either case you enjoyed what you were able to complete, and others enjoyed doing the whole thing, so there ought to be no issues. The first celebrity challenge I tried I was unable to complete. I didn't ask them to change it, it motivated me to get better and I've done all the subsequent challenges. Maybe by the end of the month you'll get through it if you keep at it. Maybe not. But the quest has been out for one day lol
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Corvus handled three of the fights well (Deadpool, Mysterio and Warlock). Sym Supreme was great against HTD. I had brought Omega for Gwenpool but was bad at countering her heavy, so he stayed below a bar of power almost the entire time. He might be a good counter, and I'm just a scrub.
    how does corvus work with the global?
    Just don’t use sp. and dich out a lot of danmged ofcasse you won’t kill them with the 20 hit
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

man i just had a flash back this was exactly how i felt with cap marvel challenge (the previous celeb ) i was super frustrated an tbh was ready but thought i was . just finisjed part 2 . itll come when its time an you have everything right for you to get it done chin up keep grinding op

Think the first one I finished completely was the one for Stark Spidey.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    edited December 2020
    I did it but used a lot of units but no 20 or 30 percent boosts or potions but I think there should have a single lane completion but with reduced rewards.I managed to explore chapter 1 and 2.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I remember I got stuck in bautistas challenge with a 1/25 Hawkeye and a 4:40 dorm and a 1/25 venom pool. Rocket raccoon tore me a new one .

Literally had to wait two weeks to finish it. I committed too hard.