**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

K-Meyeke node

Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
what is this node?
is it really cyclop or was it a joke?
how you determine what is "the most effective champion brought into this fight"?

Comments

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    edited December 2020

A long time ago kabam put out a “AW attackers” crystal deal where a sore thumb was Cyclops red. We knew it was to pad out the crystal so it’s not broken, but kabam Miike tried to say something like “Some of the most skilled players are able to use Redclops very effectively in AW”

And thus the meme began.

yeah, i remember that... it wasn't funny then, and not funny now...
    I'm still waiting for them to share the metric research supporting their claim "cyclop is the most effective champ in the game"
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

A long time ago kabam put out a “AW attackers” crystal deal where a sore thumb was Cyclops red. We knew it was to pad out the crystal so it’s not broken, but kabam Miike tried to say something like “Some of the most skilled players are able to use Redclops very effectively in AW”

And thus the meme began.

Yeah, he said, "Our metrics show that many players use Cyclops VERY effectively in AQ." And Cyclops has hence forth been dubbed "The Most Effective Champion." lol

I wonder if this node is for Redclops, Bluelops or both?
    Think it’s both, could be wrong. It’s at least the red one
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

phil56201 said:

And thus the meme began.

Yeah, he said, "Our metrics show that many players use Cyclops VERY effectively in AQ." And Cyclops has hence forth been dubbed "The Most Effective Champion." lol

Think it’s both, could be wrong. It’s at least the blue one
    Voltolos said:

phil56201 said:

And thus the meme began.

Think it’s both, could be wrong. It’s at least the blue one
    both it is
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Carmel1 said:

And thus the meme began.

I'm still waiting for them to share the metric research supporting their claim "cyclop is the most effective champ in the game"
    Like I said, it was just speaking-to-a-customer mumbo jumbo. They know he sucks. There is no metric
    im pretty sure when it was said he was used for the crit teams, so thats probably why
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Oh that’s true. The good ol Wolvie Mags Storm and redclops
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Carmel1 said:

And thus the meme began.

Like I said, it was just speaking-to-a-customer mumbo jumbo. They know he sucks. There is no metric
    im pretty sure when it was said he was used for the crit teams, so thats probably why
    The other reason is that hackers get red clops from ROL then keep hacking with their 4-star. (This was a bigger deal in the old days, before power creep)
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    In my alliance we tried both Cyclops. I have as 6* both. Brought red Cyclops to AQ. Man, it is the most effective tactic. I wish would had brough Mister Sinister, but also brought Red Mag and Colussus. I'm cruising all nodes like breeze.
  • Alex_Jr_JrAlex_Jr_Jr Posts: 7
    So does blue cyclops get the fury boost. Can somebody show a screenshot?
  • Ely_20Ely_20 Posts: 83
    After some disappointment of pulling red cyclops from a 6 star crystal on Black Friday, I’m finding him very enjoyable to use in AQ!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Carmel1 said:

And thus the meme began.

It’s likely because only early players use him, and they use him for easier fights. So he wins a fairly high percentage of fights, making him effective. Cause who’s gonna bring cyclops for a hard fight where they’d lose?
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    This is almost as bad as the requirements to become thronebreaker, i.e. we know u don't wanna rank up that 6* iron patriot but that's the only way u can become thronebreaker. So now it's well we know cyclops doesn't have alot of uses so let's make summoners rank him up anyway. I Mean come on kabam, if u want us to use trash champions, don't make them trash champs and don't use buffs to make a useless champs semi usable, buff the champ to make them use able in all events.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    I used my Red Cyclops on Map 6 today and was 10% away from the one shot on Invisible Woman lol ... I mean part of me couldn't believe it so my play wasn't optimum but I'll be bringing him back again to try him out more with better than trash play LOL

It was a nice Fury boost.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    He was also part of the early perfect block team before they nerfed the leadership synergy. I can’t remember the third, just black bolt and red cyclops. He was the better of the three on that team. Lots of my old alliance mates who didn’t have the dr. Strange and SW back in the day used them to avoid block damage. Probably where the effective came from lol, play well and you wouldn’t lose any health.

I’m glad they are giving him this buff, one of my favorite characters. Brought my duped 6* r1 to map 6, hopefully I’ll find a place to use him finally.

Where is the Admin post LOL

so it’s not just me
  • TriguyTriguy Posts: 61
    but wtf does K-mekeye or whatever it is even mean?!?
    Triguy said:

K- Kabam
    Mekeye - Miike
  • TriguyTriguy Posts: 61
    Triguy said:

but wtf does K-meyeke or whatever it is even mean?!?

is it supposed to be pronounced 'K-mike' (as in kabam miike -- K-Meyeke)
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Triguy said:

I believe it's a play on Kabam Miike's forum name (K = Kabam, Meykeye (or whatever it is in the node) = Miike)