**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

John Mulaney Challenge: Most ideal roster?

I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I searched and didn't find much.

As the title states, what is the most ideal roster?

Watched Seatin and KT1 videos who of course both used Aegon of which I don't have besides a max sig 4 star. Same thing goes with Fury. I have 8 r5's(Warlock, Blade, Colossus, Hype, Omega, Doom, CapIW,, Venom) and 6 star r2 Ghost(with 6 star Wasp) along with other multiple 6 stars and plenty of r4 champs to include BWCV, CMM(duped), Void, Domino, Quake(who I'm not great with), Starkey, Stealthy, and quite a few other options.

Plan on maxing out AA for Gwenpool. Any recommendations? Is 4* Aegon even possible? Working on getting my unit count up after those Cyber Monday deals. Already explored Chapter 1 of the John Mulaney Challenge so this last path is just needed. I'm Cav and have beaten 6.2.6. Thank you much for the help!

Comments

• Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 424 ★★
    edited December 2020
    Guys I'm thinking of running ,nick fury, capiw, quake (not because I can use her but for evade synergy aswell) sunspot and hyperion, would u advise to change anyone? My top roster is below

• TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    DrZola said:

Champs I found useful:

Venom (great for Howard with free heals and for Warlock)

CapIW with Skill synergy (solid for Warlock and Mysterio)

Hypo (used for a few Mysterios—if you can resist throwing a special at the start and get your Sp3, he stays unblockable the entire fight if you only use Sp3–useful to keep Mysterio at Sp2)

Archangel (not sure I could have done without him—just be careful to time the bane timer on Gwen)

I ramped Aegon on Deadpool and had a 500+ combo by lane 4. He was useful.

Champs I’ve heard are useful:

CV (great for so much—immunity useful, handles Warlock)

Quake (great for Warlock)

Doom (I just pulled him so no first hand knowledge, but apparently he can do much of it)

Dr. Zola

Thank you so much for this. Didn't think Venom would be useful but it makes sense for Howard and Warlock. Think I'll end up trying the CapIw, Hype, AA, Doom and Venom. I can use quake but I fear I'll take too much block damage unfortunately.

I did it with CAIW, Nick, Quake, and Archangel

(Elsa was in their too but was was dead most of the time)

You don’t need Ægon for the challenge

Warlock is also pretty good. Worry less about Gwen-pool, more about Mysterio

I've thought about bringing my warlock as well since he gets teh small regen on SP3 with nice SP2 damage. I figure my Hype should be able to handle Mysterio right? @SkyLord7000
    Aleor said:

Bring bwcv for htd and gp. There two fights are the easiest, of you have claire
    Hype can work for mysterio, dp and warlock
    Can bring ghost as backup for hype

I'll give it a shot I appreciate it!

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

With gp you want to have her only couple of debuffs, so she doesn't go unstoppable on sp. For that don't use heavy and try not to parry a lot. Blood curse can heal you back easily, but you can also stick to poison mode to spam more sps, her power steal should work like usual.
    I tried gp with 3*, but only got her down ~40%, that bane is too strong for a 3*. But with r4 5* should be fine. Also bring dead nick fury, if you don't know whom else to bring - he'd help both Clair and Hype. Imo gp was the best fight there, so much fun and zero revives used on her.
    HTD is just boring, easy even with a 3*

https://youtu.be/ItsuCod0Jsg
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

With gp you want to have her only couple of debuffs, so she doesn't go unstoppable on sp. For that don't use heavy and try not to parry a lot. Blood curse can heal you back easily, but you can also stick to poison mode to spam more sps, her power steal should work like usual.
    I tried gp with 3*, but only got her down ~40%, that bane is too strong for a 3*. But with r4 5* should be fine. Also bring dead nick fury, if you don't know whom else to bring - he'd help both Clair and Hype. Imo gp was the best fight there, so much fun and zero revives used on her.
    HTD is just boring, easy even with a 3*

https://youtu.be/ItsuCod0Jsg
    I will definitely take this into consideration! I have a feeling i'll be quitting a restarting quite a few times
  • LibkenLibken Posts: 19
    Nocko said:

Anyone got a good counter for Gwenpool for those of us sadly without AA?

Any champ that can passively gain power is a great option.. I used Dr Strange.... Hyperion, OG vision should work great as well..
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★
    What's a good mysterio counter?
  • asdcsasdcs Posts: 16
    edited December 2020
    Perfect Team in my opinion and experience:

Venom for HtD, Warlock and SpiderHam (can solo every single Warlock with patience and heal at the HtD, also Cosmic synergy for cap)
    BWCV for GwnPool
    Aegon for Deadpool and skill synergy
    CapIW for Mysterio (can solo all of them if you can evade his sp1)

and one open for backup, heimdal, AA, nick fury, hype or something but with those 4 it can be done itemless
    asdcs said:

Venom for HtD, Warlock and SpiderHam (can solo every single Warlock with patience and heal at the HtD, also Cosmic synergy for cap)
    BWCV for GwnPool

and one open for backup, heimdal, AA, nick fury, hype or something but with those 4 it can be done itemless

Thank you for this! If I don't have Aegon, who would you recommend for a replacement? @asdcs
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    asdcs said:

BWCV for GwnPool

This is very much like my team, with CV instead of Hypo. Either is solid in my opinion but CV has Regen which would have been nice.

Dr. Zola
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    asdcs said:

BWCV for GwnPool

I didn’t think of BWCV for GP fight. I need to check out again how to do so.

For those using Aegon, can you advise which fight you use to accumulate combos?

For the team I used (1 team revive for last path):
    HtD - Doom
    GP - AA
    DP - CAIW
    Warlock - CAIW/Hype
    Mysterio - Hype

I’m thinking to revisit one more time, is venom a better alternative than Doom? Thanks.

asdcs said:

BWCV for GwnPool

Thank you for this! If I don't have Aegon, who would you recommend for a replacement? @asdcs
    Who is your top Skill champ? Blade? Not sure who the optimal skill would be. Do you have Fury?

Dr. Zola
    Here’s some suggestions from another thread:

Howard The Duck - Quake, Archangel, Longshot, Doom, Void
    Gwenpool - Archangel, Void, Hyperion, maybe Hulkbuster as his specials hit hard, Quake but if you get hit you'll have to start transferring Bane back and forth
    Warlock - Doom or Corvus (if no Willpower), Quake if you have Willpower
    Deadpool - Really just anyone who can do the damage, Corvus, Void to reverse healing, Archangel
    Mysterio - Corvus or a Poison Immune like Hyperion, Captain Marvel

Spider-Ham - you can Parry/Heavy him with anyone with a quick Heavy - Doom, Captain Marvel. Just don't ever use an SP3 and let your power go back to 0

That may help. Good luck!

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

asdcs said:

BWCV for GwnPool

Who is your top Skill champ? Blade? Not sure who the optimal skill would be. Do you have Fury?

Dr. Zola
    I don't have Fury :( hoping to pull him either tomorrow or by completing this quest. Top skill is Blade and then Gwenpool and Stealthy. Seem to be real short in the skill class. @DrZola
    DrZola said:

Here’s some suggestions from another thread:

Howard The Duck - Quake, Archangel, Longshot, Doom, Void
    Gwenpool - Archangel, Void, Hyperion, maybe Hulkbuster as his specials hit hard, Quake but if you get hit you'll have to start transferring Bane back and forth
    Warlock - Doom or Corvus (if no Willpower), Quake if you have Willpower
    Deadpool - Really just anyone who can do the damage, Corvus, Void to reverse healing, Archangel
    Mysterio - Corvus or a Poison Immune like Hyperion, Captain Marvel

Spider-Ham - you can Parry/Heavy him with anyone with a quick Heavy - Doom, Captain Marvel. Just don't ever use an SP3 and let your power go back to 0

That may help. Good luck!

Dr. Zola

This is perfect!! Thank you!
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 493 ★★★
    Capiw with cosmic synergy armor break wrecks warlock and mephisto.

With mephisto i do 1 parry and dash back to trigger masochism then 2x parry/ heavy ...repeat until sp2.

Rinse and repeat
  • TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    I only used 2 champs repeatedly. Guilly 2099 and Cap IW. Cap IW for Warlock and Mysterio. Guilly 2099 for Howard, Gwenpool, Deadpool. My team also consisted of Warlock, Sunspot and Venom. planned to use Venom but ended up using Cap IW instead. Cap IW was also useful against Warlock. planned to use Sunspot against Gwenpool but Guilly 2099 was more effective. Warlock was just added for Guilly’s power gain.

It’s pretty okay actually once you get used to the fights. I wasted more resources in the earlier fights than the later ones because I was still figuring out the best playstyle. used Guilly 2099 and end with SP3 for Howard, then used SP2 and SP1 for Gwenpool did not end the fight with SP3 as Deadpool fight was easy and I didn’t need to begin with 100 combos, ended Deadpool fight with SP3 for the next Howard fight. Cap IW for Mysterio and Warlock were pretty straightforward, repeat parry heavy then SP2. if you’re okay with dex-ing Warlock and Mysterio’s specials then you should be good.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    My Team;

Aegon
    Nick
    Quake
    Warlock
    AA

I ramped Aegon to ~350 on GP in lane1, he did every fight except GP after that.
    Nick and AA for GP. Quake did an early Warlock but Aegon with high combo was more effective.

Total spend around 20 revives and stashed potions. Sill mistakes include; A 30% boost kept trigger HtD rage, hitting mysterio after sp1, missing bane transfer on GP.
  • IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    Corvus glaive all the way. Once buffed, no stopping him.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I used
    Guillotine 2099 for Howard her damage is tied to her energy damage after the initial hit so never triggers rage and get your 100 combo right there to start.

Guillotine 2099 for gp. You are already at 100 from htd and her energy damage is dot so bypasses power shield. (Hope that her normal degen triggers a bit so you can get to sp3 before gp falls over dead no biggie if not). Her sp3 gp survives but the energy damage after the animation kills gp and that counts to keep your combo if you get there.

Capww2 for warlock (my team has cosmic, tech, skill and mystic syn) parry heavy and destroy.

Guillotine 2099 for dp. Pretty obvious here get you back to 100, if you got clipped by gp and your wrecking him anyway with her.

Mysterio capww2 again or Guillotine again.

I also brought fury who I killed for attack bonus

Morningstar for 30% increased degen damage for Guillotine.

Glaive who I really only brought for cosmic syn for cap.

All up 8 revives for me. 1 was just to bring fury back for porker.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    Take Warlock for the Warlock and Deadpool fights
    He'll be able to solo all of them
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★

My current planned team is:
    Long shot for Howard
    Archangel for GP
    Aegon for Warlock
    Hype for Mysterio
    Not sure if I should bring Torch with or someone else. I might switch him out for Doom.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★

I used
    Guillotine 2099 for Howard her damage is tied to her energy damage after the initial hit so never triggers rage and get your 100 combo right there to start.

Guillotine 2099 for gp. You are already at 100 from htd and her energy damage is dot so bypasses power shield. (Hope that her normal degen triggers a bit so you can get to sp3 before gp falls over dead no biggie if not). Her sp3 gp survives but the energy damage after the animation kills gp and that counts to keep your combo if you get there.

Capww2 for warlock (my team has cosmic, tech, skill and mystic syn) parry heavy and destroy.

Guillotine 2099 for dp. Pretty obvious here get you back to 100, if you got clipped by gp and your wrecking him anyway with her.

Mysterio capww2 again or Guillotine again.

I also brought fury who I killed for attack bonus

Morningstar for 30% increased degen damage for Guillotine.

Glaive who I really only brought for cosmic syn for cap.

All up 8 revives for me. 1 was just to bring fury back for porker.

Lol at myself. I happily wear the dunce award on this one. In case you didn't get the gist by my talk of syn not capww2 but capiw.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I find a team of Nick, Quake, G99, Archangel and Hyperion to be extremely effective. Only needed 8 revives, and could have been half of that if not for lag issues.