**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apocalypse AQ Boss : Can we take a second to see how restrictive this new AQ boss is.

pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,760 Guardian
edited December 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I'm the leader of a map6 alliance, prestige : 10.65k, today was Day1., which we ran with epic modifiers.
I brought in a built g99 to face the apoc boss, who wiped me out with sp1s/sp2s to block. This is day1 and a full health g99 was wiped out without taking more than 60% health. The boss has vigor also attached to him.
Now let us consider a list of the previous AQ bosses.
Doom
Thanos
Kingpin
Dormammu
Ultron
Kang.

Each of these bosses had a particular playstyle, that required you not to bring in a particular subset of champions, but rather modify your own playstyle. Apoc, on the other hand, REQUIRES you to either fight him with a robot before he wipes you through your block, or timeout with a bunch of champions. All the while, he can stun you through block (you can reparry only one or two hits but if he launches a whole combo into block you are guaranteed to be stunned), can heal, has ridiculous health, AND TOTALLY counters all the champs buffed by this AQ series global.
Yes, he can be planned around, but to fight him with any champion is now impossible.
The previous AQ boss that was this restrictive, was Dormammu, after which they removed his sig ability so he has multiple counters.
All the while, Kabam has also changed the way global interacts, by moving the sp3 attack to the boss instead of the so called "global" node, thus making t3 a real pain to deal with.

What is the thinking behind these changes without talking to players?

My only suggestion would be to REMOVE the persistent charges on Apoc to make the fight a little easier on the players.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Completely agree, it's way too restrictive. Also if you run suicides and you use a robot, you die in 30 seconds.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

Completely agree, it's way too restrictive. Also if you run suicides and you use a robot, you die in 30 seconds.

Do you mean "don't use a robot"?
    Although, you could probably have success with G99 of you don't use her prefights. I find that pushing him to SP 2 yields less block damage on the projectiles.

Kill_Grey said:

Although, you could probably have success with G99 of you don't use her prefights. I find that pushing him to SP 2 yields less block damage on the projectiles.

i dont use her prefights. Im quite versed at using g99, i dont use her prefights for max healing/max armor for block prof. Pushing to sp2 helps a lot. But again, today , i managed to beat it, but the block damage/ restriction apoc brings does not help in diversity in aq teams. Discourages folks bringing in a lot of mutants for fun for the aq series. Im pointing out how restrictive he is, not how tough he is.
    Oh, my bad.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:
    And if you fail, that's the instant end.
    That's how it was with Doom. It's a solution. I guess I should practice that though.
  • Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:
    And if you fail, that's the instant end.
    That's how it was with Doom. It's a solution. I guess I should practice that though.
    can revive with doom as anyone. With g99 death=fight over.
    Damn, just fought this guy with my rank 5 Ghost and lost half health just by blocking his SP 1 😂
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I do map 6, we just dog piled. I did 50% with corvus(but i can dodge both specials.)
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

I've got the Sp1 evade down to being successful about 90% of the time after only starting to practice today. Will hopefully try for a boss kill with G99 tomorrow. I assume the solution is either going to be:

a) Being able to dex his specials
    b) Ghost
    c) Sorcerer Supreme

Can't really think of much else.

Ghost gets ruined, bruv. Trust me, I've tried.

The block damage is ridiculous!
    Well you rarely should be taking a full special on the block. Chances are you're either going to phase all or most of it and you can just dex the rest in most fights. Learning to dex his Sp1 would be good for even the people that use Ghost on him to learn. After watching a video, it's really not too horrible. Just dex thrice as the rock in front of his foot just barely starts to moves down.
  • Thechamp8556Thechamp8556 Posts: 33
    I did fairly well with guilly 2099. I never use pre fight. Gotta practice dodging his specials just like every other AQ boss. This is the way!