**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Apocalypse AQ Boss : Can we take a second to see how restrictive this new AQ boss is.

Comments

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    This is random but would guardian work? I don’t know the higher up maps nodes but in theory wouldn’t he work? He can perfect block the projectives on apocalypses specials
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Has anyone used Red Magneto against him yet? He's a mutant, which is obviously bad against Apocalypse, but Apocalypse has a #metal tag, so that should reverse the healing from Vigor right? And at max sig, Magneto has a damage cap against everything but sp3.

I brought mine to map 5 today, but an ally mate killed him before I was able to take a stab with Magneto, so I'm asking this in general curiosity.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    @Kill_Grey it's not letting me quote. 😑

I'm not at all inexperienced with Ghost. I have the maxed 4* that I still use often. In fact, I used her for Apocalypse in the EQ when he came out and am currently using her for V3 exploration. I personally don't have those frame drops and don't take the block damage you're talking about cause I'm either baiting a dash or a special and if they won't do either, I wait it out. All you have to do is dex 1 of the Sp1 beams 90% of the time.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

@Kill_Grey it's not letting me quote. 😑

I'm not at all inexperienced with Ghost. I have the maxed 4* that I still use often. In fact, I used her for Apocalypse in the EQ when he came out and am currently using her for V3 exploration. I personally don't have those frame drops and don't take the block damage you're talking about cause I'm either baiting a dash or a special and if they won't do either, I wait it out. All you have to do is dex 1 of the Sp1 beams 90% of the time.

Well yeah, that could normally work. But blocking 2 beams of his special 1 on a 20k attack apocalypse is still about 40% health loss each time.
  • ShikinaShikina Posts: 25
    edited December 2020
    Day one in map 6 end my alliance got massacred. The block damage alone with the stun is way too OP.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I find this strange - I almost solo’d apocalypse (map 6) with my rank 5 g2099. I didn’t find it too bad at all, intercept where needed and block and punish specials
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Emma Frost could be helpful as her diamond form allows her to be stun immune, but you would need to make sure that Apocalypse always have more power bar than you.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Would Magneto work because Apoc is #metal....?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Ultron and OG Vision both work wonders on Apocalypse 😉
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse is #Metal right?
    Anyone tried Magneto with his 50% Perfect Block Chance, -70% Ability Accuracy Reduction, and -105% Regen Rate.

Also once Apocalypse becomes Bleed Immune, Magento will gain those insane Armor Break Stacks on the Sp3.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Its the first day. Let's wait until after this cycle is complete before we start asking for changes. This happens every time AQ changes. Ppl complain at first and then they learn the fight and counters and it's no problem a few weeks later.
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

I've got the Sp1 evade down to being successful about 90% of the time after only starting to practice today. Will hopefully try for a boss kill with G99 tomorrow. I assume the solution is either going to be:

a) Being able to dex his specials
    b) Ghost
    c) Sorcerer Supreme

Can't really think of much else.

Ghost gets ruined, bruv. Trust me, I've tried.

The block damage is ridiculous!
    Well you rarely should be taking a full special on the block. Chances are you're either going to phase all or most of it and you can just dex the rest in most fights. Learning to dex his Sp1 would be good for even the people that use Ghost on him to learn. After watching a video, it's really not too horrible. Just dex thrice as the rock in front of his foot just barely starts to moves down.
    Wow, your inexperience at ghosting is way too obvious here. Not tryna sound insulting tho ✌🏾
    Not everyone's device has the same performance for starters. A simple frame drop during an attempt to dodge his specials is the end of you. His specials are long, so Ghost can't phase through them either. The block damage is too much, so trying to be safe by blocking his specials is unavoidable damage. You can't push him to SP 3 either because the global node is now on him too.
    I'm not at all inexperienced with Ghost. I have the maxed 4* that I still use often. In fact, I used her for Apocalypse in the EQ when he came out and am currently using her for V3 exploration. I personally don't have those frame drops and don't take the block damage you're talking about cause I'm either baiting a dash or a special and if they won't do either, I wait it out. All you have to do is dex 1 beam 95% of the time.
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    Yesterday I tried using cmm, took out about 70% health in one go.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    I still can't believe that no one has mentioned tigra yet, she's by far the best option, no sp1 and sp2 block damage, and you'll gain a lot of power during the sp1 animation as well
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★

Would Magneto work because Apoc is #metal....?

Apocalypse is #Metal right?
    Anyone tried Magneto with his 50% Perfect Block Chance, -70% Ability Accuracy Reduction, and -105% Regen Rate.

Also once Apocalypse becomes Bleed Immune, Magento will gain those insane Armor Break Stacks on the Sp3.

He becomes stun immune the moment you enter the fight, his attack values are much higher then the EQ version. Might be possible but it would be really sketchy
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Dormmamu AQ boss was released without his awakened ability but if anyone remembers , fighting him did cause a lot of game crashes upon release.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/24/alliance-quests-dormammus-dominion
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★

I did fairly well with guilly 2099. I never use pre fight. Gotta practice dodging his specials just like every other AQ boss. This is the way!

Tks Mandorlorian
    This was my first attempt at Map 6 Poco:
    https://youtu.be/8hzAjMgR-mU
    It seems like G99 is a good option, but since he's stun immune, you can't get the combo shields up without heavy countering which chews up your block. So if you get clipped, the fight's over. You're going to time out even if you play perfectly at that point cause vigor is so strong.

Keep in mind I took this fight with the 30 second poison and 200% attack boost on him so I shouldn't have taken as much damage as I did (not that it would've mattered with that final Sp1 that killed me.)