**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Are Samsung Phones for MCOC ?

So , basically I was thinking of buying another device and I was confused between Android and iOS so I decided to go for iOS (currently I'm on Android)
As everyone says it's better for MCOC now I'm facing some financial issue so I asked a friend to suggest a Device so he told me about Samsung.
So I want suggestions from Samsung users Help if you can guys ...

Comments

• shivam1shivam1 Posts: 87
    @DoubleDelta Thank you so much for such a long write up.
    So as far as I think I'll wait for some more time then I'll go for iOS .
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    If you need to go with android I would like to suggest a Xiaomi Note 8 pro. Earlier this year I needed a new phone and didn`t want to spend a lot on it. Because the only reason I would go IOS is Mcoc. And for all other aspects I like android better.
    It is preforming really well. Loadtimes are slower than IOS or the top Samsung phones. But it was only 220 euros. So it should be between 200 and 250 dollars. And it has close to double the benchmarks a samsung for the same money has.
    So if you are on a budget I would look towards Xiaomi.
    Do not look towards Huawei since they no longer support Google Play. Which can lead to problems.
    Budget Samsung phones do not preform the game too well.

My load times are about 3 seconds and none of the 'problem' fights ever give me any issues.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    A good indication is actually its geekbench score. Just look up the Geekbench 5 site and type in any phone you are interested in.
    For android general guidelines are:
    < 250: the game runs, but isn`t very smooth (loadtimes 9 seconds and laggy fights)
    300-400: The game runs decently, but lags in the problem fights (loadtimes 7 seconds)
    450+: The games runs pretty smoothly, no lag in problem fights (loadtimes 3-4 seconds)
    550+: Aside from special effects, you don`t really notice a difference between Android and IOS

I personally have the upper 3 options, and a friend has a 550+ option.
    This won`t go for exactly every phone but as a general guideline it is pretty good.

You could look up graphical benchmarks aswell, but phones with the above benchmarks usually have about equal graphical capabilities.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I got Samsung A71 smartphone so far I am happy about its performance.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    It's definitely not worth getting an apple device for mcoc if it's not totally financially feasible. I know @Etjama runs on a samsung and loves it and I run on a oneplus 7 pro that i Iove playing on. the screen size is great, bezels are pretty much non-existent and charging is ridiculously fast. I picked mine up on sale from t mobile and it was about 500 usd and I know one plus does a lot of sales and you can buy from their website. Ive played on ios and android and I still think ios has quicker reaction time to my inputs, but it's not a huge difference and that's just my perception. if you're comfortable with sharing a price range that's good for you, I'm sure people would be happy to recommend their phones that are around that range
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Yup, what @Thicco_Mode said. I much prefer Android over Apple and thought I would be doomed to run MCoC slowly unless I changed since I was on a very old Moto. Bought an S10 and in a side-by-side comparison with both my friends' iPhone 11s, mine runs the game faster.

Anything with a Snapdragon processor is going to run this game very quickly.
    Etjama said:

Yup, what @Thicco_Mode said. I much prefer Android over Apple and thought I would be doomed to run MCoC slowly unless I changed since I was on a very old Moto. Bought an S10 and in a side-by-side comparison with both my friends' iPhone 11s, mine runs the game faster.

dang how fast do you load in?
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

From tapping on the app to being in the game, 8 seconds.
    what the duck that's crazy

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Yup, it's a couple seconds slower right now though cause we have 2 devices on Zoom at our house. And my data sucks where I live.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Yup, it's a couple seconds slower right now though cause we have 2 devices on Zoom at our house. And my data sucks where I live.
    the words marvel contest of champions only load in at six seconds for me

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

the words marvel contest of champions only load in at six seconds for me
    3 seconds for me atm. My old Moto I had on the other hand... I would open the app, put the phone down for a literal minute, come back, and the game still wasn't running. I timed it before replacing my phone and 1:13 was the best I could get. 😂
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Ive had Samsung since the iPhone 5c was launched - iPhones are generally optimised better, because its a smaller pool of software to cater for, whereas android, they need to create the updates for everything.

Generally, we tend to get more issues and bugs vs iOS - only need to look at things like the darkhawk issue last year. Also get the occasional missed input so a parry might not register, or dashing in may not respond. But, I've never had an issue where I've wanted an iPhone over a Samsung. Only things you'll really miss out on, is if youre trying for legend runs, the load screens are a little slower unless you're running the really top end androids.

Ive currently got a Note 20 Ultra, no issues what so ever - guys I've played with have the S20 Ultra, again, no issues. My S9+ was starting to have issues, but that was more to do with having a smashed screen I think, even then, I did my abyss run on that phone with a smashed screen.

Don't f*** yourself over financially for a game. Samsungs are good phones, EU and UK, with a few other countries dont get the very best chipsets, US have recieved the snapdragon chips the last few phones, where other countries have got Exynos- there's a difference but again, not wildly.

What model were you looking at?

Get this man to 5-stars!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Goddamn! 👁️👄👁️
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    edited November 2020
    Anyone know how the Galaxy Note 20 does? Contemplating buying one.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Astounds said:

Anyone know how the Galaxy Note 20 does? Contemplating buying one.

I mean this game runs fine on an S9 from what I’ve seen so S20 is just overkill
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I played some using s8 recently, and it feels just fine. Also you may need to adjust to timing of your phone anyway. I actually didn't like playing with apple device.
    Overall, unless you're buying some 50$ phone, you'll be fine.
    Final pro tip - ask somebody, who have an Android, give it to you, and see yourself
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    I switched over to Galaxy S20 FE from my gold old Pixel 2 XL and the game runs phenomenally on this device. I also have an iPad Pro 10.5 and frankly I prefer my S20 FE, granted it is a much newer device than my iPad but still that's a good indication.
  • On my Note 20 ultra this game is unplayable, however I have to use my S10 plus to do anything with this game. Which sucks since I paid over a thousand dollars for a phone.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

8 minutes for me, I'm on a Samsung A50

• LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    edited December 2020
    Aziz5253 said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Wait what?? 8 minutes??.....
    I'm on A30s and it takes only 30 seconds...must be your network
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★

Aziz5253 said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Wait what?? 8 minutes??.....
    I'm on A30s and it takes only 30 seconds...must be your network
    Nope, I'm in a 40 Mbps network and it works very well. The game just doesn't load up sometimes. It was better for a day or two after the update but now it's still back