**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apocalypse AQ Boss : Can we take a second to see how restrictive this new AQ boss is.

Comments

• Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    He shouldn’t be stun immune vs robots,..by his write up he should be pretty much useless vs ALL robots. He can’t get a genetic code on robots,..should be able to parry him right off the bat and throughout the entirety of the fight with a robot.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Joker1976 said:

He shouldn’t be stun immune vs robots,..by his write up he should be pretty much useless vs ALL robots. He can’t get a genetic code on robots,..should be able to parry him right off the bat and throughout the entirety of the fight with a robot.

His abilities state he starts with 1 genetic code. He gains an addition 2 if he's the boss of a quest. That puts him at 3 immediately, regardless of who you use, making him stun immune.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

This was my first attempt at Map 6 Poco:
    https://youtu.be/8hzAjMgR-mU
    It seems like G99 is a good option, but since he's stun immune, you can't get the combo shields up without heavy countering which chews up your block. So if you get clipped, the fight's over. You're going to time out even if you play perfectly at that point cause vigor is so strong.

Keep in mind I took this fight with the 30 second poison and 200% attack boost on him so I shouldn't have taken as much damage as I did (not that it would've mattered with that final Sp1 that killed me.)

In order to conserve my data, @Etjama was it a solo? Btw, the combo shield from heavy isn't necessary either as apocalypse has fairly clunky animations and is quite easily predictable. Light intercepts is what I usually do in matchups where I can't stun.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

This was my first attempt at Map 6 Poco:
    https://youtu.be/8hzAjMgR-mU
    It seems like G99 is a good option, but since he's stun immune, you can't get the combo shields up without heavy countering which chews up your block. So if you get clipped, the fight's over. You're going to time out even if you play perfectly at that point cause vigor is so strong.

Keep in mind I took this fight with the 30 second poison and 200% attack boost on him so I shouldn't have taken as much damage as I did (not that it would've mattered with that final Sp1 that killed me.)

In order to conserve my data, @Etjama was it a solo? Btw, the combo shield from heavy isn't necessary either as apocalypse has fairly clunky animations and is quite easily predictable. Light intercepts is what I usually do in matchups where I can't stun.
    Not a solo. Stun Immune is easy to play around, I was only talking about combo shields cause even though I'm getting the Sp1 evade down, I still can, and did mess up on the last beam of an Sp1 which meant I lost my combo and couldn't do enough damage to keep up with Vigor after that. Got him down to about 60%. I know I can get a solo though. I will get a solo. This was only day 2 of even trying to evade his Sp1, so I think I can get it down perfectly every time.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think for the first few weeks he’s just going to be an hour of Corvus timeout mainly, but eventually people will learn to evade his sp1 and then people will be soloing him with g99 or ghost or something every time
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I think for the first few weeks he’s just going to be an hour of Corvus timeout mainly, but eventually people will learn to evade his sp1 and then people will be soloing him with g99 or ghost or something every time

It’s a new fight and people aren’t used to it yet so everyone complains that it’s too hard. Yes you need the appropriate champs to counter, but he’s not impossible to solo at all.
    I just did this fight with sorcerer supreme, but unfortunately it was a timeout. Sorcerer could theoretically do it back-to-back with the timeout strategy because timeouts don't give apocalypse the fourth charge.
    So it seems that sorcerer is probably the most sustainable option.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Yes but not everyone have a ghost or a g99 doom almost every champion take it down

I agree with you there - I don’t like that aspect of the fight design.

My point is only that he’s solo’able with the right champs, and just trying to give a bit of insight into a method that’s worked for me
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    To agree with what everyone is saying, this fight is tough. At least when he was an EQ boss you got an attack boost for intercepting to help get him down there.
  • Adamb208Adamb208 Posts: 152
    He’s definitely a tough boss but the only change I think is necessary at this point is to increase the timer for vigor. Running map 6 and you get 20 seconds. The length of apocalypse’s specials eats up half the timer alone.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Doing relaxed map 5 and took magneto in to try him on day 2. Could easily have soloed him but quit out to try warlock. He isn't bad if you can evade special attacks and fight with intercept. Only real restriction is bring a heal block champ and we have plenty available in game.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    Guys come on. Do you even try them before you put them? At map 7 if you add the epic modes is kind of ridiculous.
    Extreme block penetration, add nodes like cascadian failure or turn the tide and VIGOR(!!). Dont you think is too much? Remove at least vigor no one wants a stressful AQ.
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    What's everyone's issue with him? We breeze through the map5 apoc and Emma without issues.
  • Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    The boss or any of the AI now in AQ (any map). You can’t block a lot of the time and if you can, you still take a huge amount of damage even if their PI is much less than yours. Same goes for hits, they hit you 2 or 3 times (light attacks) and you just lost 25%-30% of your health. It also seems like masteries no longer have much of an effect on our champs. Can you fix this before throwing out more content and over price horrible offers please??