**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen) Buff after trying him out?

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I’m pretty sure he’ll be fixed. Kabam has been good about that lately. Their communication has been better, and they’ve been receptive to feedback. Constructive feedback - not feedback based on perceptions and ignorance.

Post facts and use the game numbers to support claims and they’ll oblige us.
    SknZn said:

I hope we’ll get our answer soon. With all going on right now, ppl might sleep on DDHK forever.

I believe we’ll have an answer sooner than we think. They put a lot of effort into the re-vamp. A little more community testing prior to release would have solved the main issues of this discussion prior to the update.

WRIR said:

Guys I just realized the purpose of DDHK. They put 0 thought into his offense, and they had a good reason why. I bet they never even tested him offensively, with or without suicides. Yknow why?

He's supposed to be a defender! Fight him in Cavalier EQ. He's annoying as hell! The OP regen didn't mean offensively. It meant defensively!

I fought him in the Cavalier EQ and he wasn't that bad on defense
    He’s not at all. He’s meant to bypass opponent mechanics.

The regen nerf makes him unusable in relevant content. Should that be fixed mine goes straight to R5
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

WRIR said:

Guys I just realized the purpose of DDHK. They put 0 thought into his offense, and they had a good reason why. I bet they never even tested him offensively, with or without suicides. Yknow why?

He's supposed to be a defender! Fight him in Cavalier EQ. He's annoying as hell! The OP regen didn't mean offensively. It meant defensively!

I fought him in the Cavalier EQ and he wasn't that bad on defense
    Well I thought he was annoying because he shruggs on debuffs on phase 1 and on phase 2 he gets aar so its hard to parry him, making him annoying on Buffed Up cuz I can't parry heavy with Hyperion.

I did get through with Colossus though. But I still thought the debuff shrug off & aar was annoying.

Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

I have played with recent overhauled DDHK,
    I have to agree he has some useful ability, but he's lacking some stats.
    What do you think of these fixes?
    Some quick fix, I will suggest-
    1.fix his regeneration stats or at least 70%
    2.either all rage debuffs converts to fury or his some numbers of fury attack rating should go up.
    I have to say past overhaul were awesome but this one is not good enough for an overhaul.
    Please fix DDHK, kabam...this is a humble request.
    #fixDDHK

Please kabam these are some suggestion,
    Which can make him more usable character.
    Please do consider it.
    It's just a little fix.
    #fixDDHK
    Believe it’ll happen. We just need a little patience.
    I don't know. Immortal Hulk was bad and there were threads about him too and they did nothing. Why would they do anything about Daredevil? He doesn't even sell crystals
    WRIR said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

2.either all rage debuffs converts to fury or his some numbers of fury attack rating should go up.
    I have to say past overhaul were awesome but this one is not good enough for an overhaul.
    #fixDDHK

Please do consider it.
    It's just a little fix.
    #fixDDHK
    I don't know. Immortal Hulk was bad and there were threads about him too and they did nothing. Why would they do anything about Daredevil? He doesn't even sell crystals
    Totally not true

They changed Hulk’s rage timer from expiring from 1.5s to 2s.

Then they added the +15 gamma from an SP3 from originally +10.

Lastly they made the rage timer to be able to be paused during opponent specials as well as your own which was HUGE. It also what the majority of the community was asking.

It took a week or so, so I’d be a little patient. They listened, communicated and responded.

We may not get everything we want but they’re listening.

WRIR said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

#fixDDHK

Please do consider it.
    It's just a little fix.
    #fixDDHK
    Totally not true

Lastly they made the rage timer to be able to be paused during opponent specials as well as your own which was HUGE. It also what the majority of the community was asking.

It took a week or so, so I’d be a little patient. They listened, communicated and responded.

I meant there was a long thread afterwards that small buff too but like he still sucks.
    WRIR said:

WRIR said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Ksp_2099 said:

#fixDDHK

Please do consider it.
    It's just a little fix.
    #fixDDHK
    Totally not true

I meant there was a long thread afterwards that small buff too but like he still sucks.
    I don’t think he sucks. He’s actually pretty useful. I think his play style is misunderstood like DDHK.

I’m pretty positive they’ll adjust DD to be what we need him to.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★

Hopefully they will. There’s a lot of effort that’s clearly gone into DDHK and it would be good if the adjustments could encourage people to use him and take advantage of that effort.

He’s a champion who needs time and effort to learn, and so the pay off should be worth the investment. He doesn’t need to be an Aegon or Nick Fury, but DDHK doesn’t feel like where he’s supposed to be, just yet.
    Chobbly said:

Hopefully they will. There’s a lot of effort that’s clearly gone into DDHK and it would be good if the adjustments could encourage people to use him and take advantage of that effort.

He’s a champion who needs time and effort to learn, and so the pay off should be worth the investment. He doesn’t need to be an Aegon or Nick Fury, but DDHK doesn’t feel like where he’s supposed to be, just yet.
    For sure. I’m cautiously optimistic.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Chobbly said:

Fair point. In all actuality, the only thing that makes him "unplayable" in my opinion is the 40% regen/suicide mastery issue. I know that all champs interact with masteries differently, but I'm sure that the idea wasn't for him to only have a few minutes of survivability. I agree that KABAM has been doing a fairly good job lately of at least taking feedback into consideration. At this point they are most likely aware of all of the constructive suggestions which have been put out. I too am hopeful. (Don't forget, they tested Ronin, Human Torch, and Maw, and made adjustments. That doesn't mean we'll all agree or like the adjustments, but they do seem willing to take suggestions into account)
    GMAX77 said:

Chobbly said:

Fair point. In all actuality, the only thing that makes him "unplayable" in my opinion is the 40% regen/suicide mastery issue. I know that all champs interact with masteries differently, but I'm sure that the idea wasn't for him to only have a few minutes of survivability. I agree that KABAM has been doing a fairly good job lately of at least taking feedback into consideration. At this point they are most likely aware of all of the constructive suggestions which have been put out. I too am hopeful. (Don't forget, they tested Ronin, Human Torch, and Maw, and made adjustments. That doesn't mean we'll all agree or like the adjustments, but they do seem willing to take suggestions into account)
    I believe they will. They have been pretty good lately
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Did you guys know how a beautiful masterpiece was the DD season3? Also #SaveDaredevil petition is still going on? He is really fan loved character, and i mean, i REALLY mean kabam can’t do this to him, they shouldn’t. Just to my opinion he should be equal to skill spidy. Both dmg and utility wise.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 471 ★★★
    SknZn said:

Did you guys know how a beautiful masterpiece was the DD season3? Also #SaveDaredevil petition is still going on? He is really fan loved character, and i mean, i REALLY mean kabam can’t do this to him, they shouldn’t. Just to my opinion he should be equal to skill spidy. Both dmg and utility wise.

I have heard several people say that his utility and effectiveness will become more understandable as time goes on. His buff has only been out for a very short time comparatively. As I pointed out in an earlier post, even if everything about him was left as is, simply working out the regen issue would make him more playable which in my experience would open the doors for more people to take him into various content, thus giving us more opportunity to see the benefits of the overhaul which at the moment are going unnoticed. Either way, I can't imagine anything happening until January's update, and that's IF the company sees it as a big enough issue to change. My only concern is that since he's not a "new" champ and most people already have him, would this warrant an adjustment since this is not a champ which will necessarily drive the purchasing of new crystals. (Not sure if the earlier buffs and overhauls had an impact on crystal purchases for the newer champs. Maybe Magneto, but even then, many already had him)
    GMAX77 said:

SknZn said:

I have heard several people say that his utility and effectiveness will become more understandable as time goes on. His buff has only been out for a very short time comparatively. As I pointed out in an earlier post, even if everything about him was left as is, simply working out the regen issue would make him more playable which in my experience would open the doors for more people to take him into various content, thus giving us more opportunity to see the benefits of the overhaul which at the moment are going unnoticed. Either way, I can't imagine anything happening until January's update, and that's IF the company sees it as a big enough issue to change. My only concern is that since he's not a "new" champ and most people already have him, would this warrant an adjustment since this is not a champ which will necessarily drive the purchasing of new crystals. (Not sure if the earlier buffs and overhauls had an impact on crystal purchases for the newer champs. Maybe Magneto, but even then, many already had him)
    I’m one of those people. The guy can bypass Korg, Electro, etc. Also can bypass thorns, spiked armor, etc.

Also reduces ability accuracy a ton on top of that.

His mechanics are misunderstood right now and when someone cracks the code he’ll be better.

I don’t like the regen thing. That’s the main issue. However he’ll regen non stop at 40% right now if you play him right. Only way that helps is if he’s ranked up. They need to fix the DOT regen rate, if anything.
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 245 ★★
    Don't let all the time, money, and hard work that it took to make this buff happen go to waste.
    Please, just return the healing back to normal, 40% is outrageously low. Right now there are some champs that are made for suicides, then great with suicides and then characters who get the damage increase but suffer from the negative effects of suicides... this guy jus made a whole new tier of "Don't even think about using suicides with this champ".
    Bipul said:

GMAX77 said:

SknZn said:

I’m one of those people. The guy can bypass Korg, Electro, etc. Also can bypass thorns, spiked armor, etc.

His mechanics are misunderstood right now and when someone cracks the code he’ll be better.

I don’t like the regen thing. That’s the main issue. However he’ll regen non stop at 40% right now if you play him right. Only way that helps is if he’s ranked up. They need to fix the DOT regen rate, if anything.
    Not true, countering thorns only work after 15 hits by that time you have already taken so much damage you cant heal. Ability is flawed.
    He bypasses it. It’s 2 combos and change and he’ll heal up after.

Why do people just want 100% OP out of the box. Kabam won’t make champs like that all the time.

Bipul said:

GMAX77 said:

SknZn said:

Not true, countering thorns only work after 15 hits by that time you have already taken so much damage you cant heal. Ability is flawed.
    He bypasses it. It’s 2 combos and change and he’ll heal up after.

Why do people just want 100% OP out of the box. Kabam won’t make champs like that all the time.
    People are not asking for a Magneto/Colossus level buff. We want him to become a lot more usable than he was before. Currently, with his buff, this is not the case. Also, the skill class is extremely lacking, so any buffs are going to have to be really good.

And its Daredevil, a fan favorite character!
    Agreed. In fact, if any champ was supposed to be S tier or above (OP) it should have been DD. Would've made a great story, complimented skill class so we had more to hope for than literally just Nick and Aegon.