**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243

Every time I try to go to the alliance tab the game freezes. I try to enter war....the game freezes. I try to get into new AQ....the game freezes. This is some utter ****!!!! Kabam, you need to get your **** together and give us a decent game.

if you try and articulate the issue properly maybe they might listen. im having the same issue. this does need to be fixed. but at least explain the issue properly so that they know what is happening.
  • K1aymationK1aymation Posts: 12
    In game name: k1aymation
    Device and model: samsung note 8
    Device OS: android pie 9.0
    Cellular or wifi: both
    Game version: latest as of 12/2 update
    Game mode: aq and aw
    Description of issue: cant connect to sever at all for fight, even if connected cant load the map or join. Once joined, lags in movement on the map and time out on fights. I am able to auto play monthly content before start of season 8, then I cant connect for hours. Already restarted game, phone, switching from cellular n wifi, cant connect at all. Any fights either times out, lags or control wont respond.

This isnt the first time already, has been going on for months. The game always have issues after each updates and bug fixes. I even try using my ipad to play same issue, this issue needs to be addressed seriously as this is discouraging me from playing and annoys me enough to not want to play anymore. It doesnt make sense to be connected and playing before aq started to I cant get on to play at all. It's getting ridiculous and cant blame user phone issue or software issue when I can stream applies music and get data alerts but cant connect to game, definitely not my connection issue
    I really hope someone from kabam actually reads this blog and will look for solutions as this is driving me away as players since the beginning of the game as its causing more annoyances than enjoyment for the game....
    I wouldn't even bother with book 2 atm, nothing in the stay connected. I just waited 10 mins to collects SA rewards, another 5 between each aq fight and lost a fight due to connection issue (was streaming pandora while playing so for sure no connection issue). They has got to be fixed asap, I dont even dare fight aw for fear it will drop mid fight and count against my ally
  • PrithviPrithvi Posts: 39
    In-Game Name: Omni Ryuk
    Device and Model: Vivo V15 pro
    Device Operating System: Funtouch OS_10
    Cellular or WiFi: It happens in both
    Game Version Installed: v29.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Profile,Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue:When i click my aw to join attack phase it shows empty and game start to lag and it wont load and my alliance members pressuring me to attack and now i cant even attack of this issue and also my profile will also become empty when i click and if i need to go any other quest game must be restarted and that issue continuous.Please fix this issue
  • Jmd82Jmd82 Posts: 60
    edited December 2020
    IGN jmd82
    Device galaxy S10+
    OS latest version
    Connection WiFi

Ever since this latest update the loading times have tripled in time with every login getting the red icon. When it does load and I enter a quest I get lag just moving from 1 node to another and the red icon again. What should take a second to move takes at least 10. In fight its pretty smooth but once fight ends it takes a while for fight to complete.

No other app or game i use has any issues like this 1 and its compete **** how a company can milk so much cash and make such an unstable game and not give a ****.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: Raichu626
    Device and Model: Samsung GalaxA50
    Device Operating System: 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Swisscom
    Game Version Installed: 29.1.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests (Labyrinth of Legends)
    Description of the Issue: Whenever I try to start a fight, the game freezes for almost one minute before the fight actually starts. No issues during the fights, and no such issues in any other quest, exclusively in the labyrinth and Abyss of Legends. I'm not in an Alliance currently.
    The release notes said that this had been fixed. It's still happening
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    In-Game Name: K1lltast1c
    Device and Model: LG X Power 3
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Bell
    Game Version Installed: 29.1.0
    Game Mode: All modes, most recently Alliance Quest crashed on loading, never reaching fight
    Description of the Issue: Game has been crashing multiple times across all modes since the last update. It just crashed on loading in AQ now, costing me half health. Repeatedly freezing during fights, leading to unintentional heavy attacks which were not input.

• 11993451199345 Posts: 359 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Page after page after page of everyone having the same issue...
    Slalom said:

I have figured it out. Kabam does not make game apps. It is a psychological experiment. They are trying to see how unplayable you can make a game and still have users. This latest update is the best. It takes me 4 crashes to beat one opponent. Your servers must be getting hammered with login requests. Hopefully you will have an emergency downtime to fix the problem.

For now, I am going to login around 7:00-8:00, get my free stuff, and log out. It is completely unplayable.

I have and off topic question. Have you heard of Quality Assurance Testers????

MRoC drops in 6 days...it'll be interesting to see (a) how it performs on wifi and cellular data, and (b) if we FINALLY get a fix after its release...
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    The Game is eating a rediculous amount of Ram/Cpu After the updates that's what causes everyone's Problem

Now IF you really care you would introduce some Graphical setting management into the game this will at least be a possible way peoples could enjoy the game until you get it fixed/patched whereas everyone is getting punished after each update for more than half of the month .

by the time it is fixed the new updates kicks in shortly to bring them back or make it worse ..

Game Freeze has being happening for 2 months maybe more now .

At least add an option to shutt the background animations i still remember how the game was before that very smooth
  • DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285

In-Game Name: ...The Stig
    Device and Model: Samsung S8
    Device Operating System: 10
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 29.1.0
    Game Mode: All fights, sometimes does not register any movement. When fights end, freezes. When this happens have to force close. This happens every 2/3 fights
  • ORLLBORLLB Posts: 2
    Do y'all give even a bit if care to how horrible your game has become? This game is embarrassingly unplayable right now. What are y'all doing over there? Sort this ish out.
  • melmenartmelmenart Posts: 24
    In-Game Name: melmenart
    Device and Model: Honor 10 Lite
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Fight button still broken, connection issues are more and more, after 5 minutes game awfully lagging and freezing, game becoming more unplayable with every New update.For example grinding arena: https://youtu.be/CoIXFEZJtss
  • Deuce2180Deuce2180 Posts: 121
    In game name Daywalker22 and CHEF
    Huawei both phone
    Newest update.

Game keeps randomly shutting down
    Dex and parry problems
    Constant loading
    Start fight button taking 15 to 20 sec to work

For people that pay to play on this game I feel your just ripping people off now. You have not fixed things from previous patches. Dex and parry being a bad one as you know if these don't work it means units on potions and revives. PLEASE PLEASE sort this mess out. The fun is being sapped out of the game now. And it gets expensive with all the problems.
    Name: 1199345
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular T-Mobile 4 bars 4G LTE
    Game version: 29.1
    Game mode: All modes
    Description:

This morning, from 8am until EXACTLY 11:30am CST, I was able to play the game perfectly fine without ANY server errors, disconnects, lag, or freezing on cellular data.

As soon as 11:30 hit, all of the sudden I got the server disconnect error icon and waited 5 minutes before toggling airplane mode on/off (which usually helps move to game along). This time it didn't work, so I closed/reoped the game, and have yet to be able to log in for a half hour now.

This is a 100% server side communication link issue for sure!! It isn't the game, the cellular service, or device oriented, as everything worked FLAWLESSLY for the past 3.5 hours...
  • AnjelykaAnjelyka Posts: 5
    in game name: Anjelyka
    device and version: Samsung galaxy tab A
    device operating system: Android 7.1.1
    mobile carrier: T mobile
    cellular or WiFi: both
    game version installed: 29.1
    game mode: crashes more after update in all modes after one fight. Losing arenas boosts, and messing with alliance performance on both AQ and AW. Any help or tips to counteract crashes before AQ or AW fights will be greatly appreciated
    Anjelyka said:

in game name: Anjelyka
    device and version: Samsung galaxy tab A
    device operating system: Android 7.1.1
    mobile carrier: T mobile
    cellular or WiFi: both
    game version installed: 29.1
    game mode: crashes more after update in all modes after one fight. Losing arenas boosts, and messing with alliance performance on both AQ and AW. Any help or tips to counteract crashes before AQ or AW fights will be greatly appreciated

I've found that toggling airplane mode on/off helps the game reconnect when you get the server disconnect error icon.

Hope this helps!!
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Sadly the last update did not fix the loading times and freeze issues. It got even worse. At least for many players including my brother who is about to quit the game. It's month after month now and no fix in sight.
  • xTURKISHxxTURKISHx Posts: 70
    If you are on WiFi and start lagging, turn off wifi and use data..if u are on data when start lagging, turn on WiFi..this at least gets you off the loading screen..I notice that if I'm on Wi-Fi and try to enter into alliance it never loads.. so I have to turn off my Wi-Fi before I hit any alliance buttons... Basically I just have to keep switching back and forth Wi-Fi data Wi-Fi data Wi-Fi data and things will load that way... ridiculous
  • hybinderhybinder Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    User hybinder
    Phone Android a21

Just bought new phone. Will load everything else in game fine. Will not load alliance quest fights at all. Just infinite loading screen. Old phone android s7 worked just fine, but need a new phone soo......
  • game has crashed 134 times & disconnected 37 times since the beginning of the month. every month it gets worse. last 2 days alone the crashes have cost 5 hrs of gamplay time with all the restarts.