**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What champs do you think are good candidates for Tune Ups?

WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Keep in mind, Tune Ups only change some numbers. No new abilities, even if you think they are minor tweeks. So champs that have potential but are flawed by some number would be ideal.

That being said, I think that Cull Obsidian and Silver Surfer would be great candidates for Tune Ups!

Although Cull and Silver surfer technically do place "kind of high" in some people's tier lists, they aren't used or are very annoying to use because of some numbers that Tune Ups could fix. Cull just needs Block Proficiency to match his bulky shield, and Surfer just needs longer buffs!

In general I think Tune Ups are the hardest to make an impact because to do so you need a champ that has the kit, but not the numbers, which is hard to find. What do you think?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,105 ★★★★★
    Cull already received a tune up several months ago I believe. I’d certainly like more BP on him as well, but I don’t see them tuning him a second time..especially over others who deserve a tune up..maybe like BPCW, YJ, Bishop, maybe Red Skull, etc.
  • ProximaMidnight_8ProximaMidnight_8 Posts: 285 ★★
    I'd say red skull and ebony maw (slightly biased because I have them both as 5 stars) but still
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I think Psylocke could be really good with a tune-up. Red Skull, Mordo, Dorm, Mephisto could all be good. I'd love to see Star Lord get a tune up.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    King Groot, Dormammu, Psylocke and Thor Rags are perfect for tune ups. All cool and decent kits, but awful damage output.... until Thor's sp3 anyway, then he is good.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

King Groot, Dormammu, Psylocke and Thor Rags are perfect for tune ups. All cool and decent kits, but awful damage output.... until Thor's sp3 anyway, then he is good.

after his sp3 he becomes pretty good
  • anaLysis_anaLysis_ Posts: 259 ★★★
    Dormammu, pheonix, psylocke, ebony
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    Venompool, let's be honest, he's worse than yellow jacket. Yellow Jacket, he not worth anything but a place holder. Ebony Maw, so much potential, so little anything. Psylocke could use some love.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Ultron
  • TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    Hood, Dormammu, Civil Warrior, Daredevil Hell’s Kitchen
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    ddom said:

Ultron

Honestly Ultron is a very good one! I'd like an Update more, but if he gets like 100% chance to armor up on block and it lasts longer, longer, stronger bleeds and say much much bigger Cauterize, he might be a pseudo Warlock!

Also from P.2099 we see that Tune Ups can change or add synergies. We could give him like a healblock synergy and that'd really make him a warlock!
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Venompool.
    I have a 6* and 4*s hit harder than him.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

Venompool.
    I have a 6* and 4*s hit harder than him.

Agreed he needs to be a mashup of venom and deadpool. He's way too cool of a creation to ve what he is. Same with Civil Warrior.
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Taskmaster. He has a kit with a lot of potential but he lacks some numbers. I think a stronger ability accuracy reduction would make him viable. He would be seriously underrated if not for a.... member of this forum.@MaxGaming
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Thor Jane Foster
  • Dead1Dead1 Posts: 226
    Taskmaster.
  • Monkey_22Monkey_22 Posts: 18
    Even though he just got an overhaul, Daredevil HK should get a tune up. His kit is very good it’s just his damage and regen rate that are SEVERELY missing
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    edited December 2020
    The Kabam originals like OG Gully and Civil Warrior...and Agent Venom...cool tactical looking but needs so much more improvements.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Crossbone
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Passive Fury would not be a Tune Up. Tune ups don't add abilities. Same with some other champs I see mentioned. I can't quite see them getting better damage because they lack damage mechanisms period.

As for the Hood, it could possibly be done via Tune Up because he DOES have a damage mechanic. Invisibility!

Increase invisible length (don't lower cooldown cuz cooldown he's stun immune, which is useful) and make his critical damage boost much much more effective.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

OGAvenger said:

Cull already received a tune up several months ago I believe. I’d certainly like more BP on him as well, but I don’t see them tuning him a second time..especially over others who deserve a tune up..maybe like BPCW, YJ, Bishop, maybe Red Skull, etc.

How would tuning bpcw or Red Skull make a difference? I think Tune Ups are the the worst of the buffs and should be used on higher tier champs in general to make a difference.
    Red skull could be good without a complete overhaul.