**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why so much hate for Immortal Hulk?

2»

Comments

• GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,198 ★★★★★
    But remember he has Class Advantage and He gets passive fury cause he is science
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★

My god that's atrocious gameplay, especially when making a comparison.
    My 5/65 does it in 44 seconds (26 hits).
    The reason why iHulk is also atrocious is because-
    1. If there was heal block on the node
    2. AW, absolutely useless
    3. If you're not playing him perfectly, you'll mostly die in longer quests with high attack values.
    4. Even the gameplay against mojo isn't impressive, my r5 rulk does it faster 🤧

@ThunderGod How are you getting 26 hits? Did you run tech boost? Please share how its done.
    No tech boosts bro
    Regular ghost only, I'm not sure how to explain
    Get to first sp2 before ws gets to his sp1, 2 heavies, sp2, bait L1, sp2- heavies - sp1
    Awesome thanks for the tip... Now time to practice 😁
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Idk what it is about the 2020 champs but people just love to hate them.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

I know this isn't the point of the thread, but that Ghost gameplay is atrocious :tongue:

Lol what's wrong with it? I was stacking the fury to see how much sp2 damage i can do.
    You missed so many heavy attacks which could have given fury’s that shave off tens of seconds off of the run, you didn’t take many hits into phase, partially because of the way you played her and partially because of the AI. You dash back when you still have ages left with phase and you can take a hit.
    Yeah I'm not the best Ghost player ... but that's the easiest way I found to play her without getting punched to the face.
    No worries man you played her fine just pointing out you could have done it quicker :)
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    My takeaway is that he is a NICHE champion, which I think disappoints everyone who wants Hulks to be as fantastic as their comicbook counterparts are. Being niche means he is not useful in the majority of the content, which is definitely a letdown.

He doesn't deserve the hate with regards to his abilities, but most of the hate is due to expectations surrounding what a Hulk should be. It is similar to the hate Silver Surfer received.

I pulled him as a 6-star myself, the benefit being that I don't have to waste catalysts to get him equivalent to R4/R5 5-star to be in a usable state.

His strengths seems to be huge damage dealer + poison immunity. As a default, the majority of the Cosmic class already fills that role without needing to play super aggressive.

With Sig, gets some Petrify, Stun, Weakness abilities. I don't have access to this as mine is not awakened, but that seems potentially useful.

The Immortality mechanic is unique and adds a new dimension that probably will have some utility, but again, it is still niche at the moment. It seems like a similar idea to the Thing + Champion synergy, which has shown to be very useful. But the difference is that the Thing gets a major damage boost from his "immortality" to let him end fights sooner without having to be concerned about fighting at low health. In contrast, iHulk regens, but it doesn't help him end the fight sooner (unless he keeps Rage stacks up). Thing offers a lot of other bits of utility, and maintains damage ability without drop off.

He does seem to be impractical a good amount of the time, as essentially if the AI decides to block at any point you lose your Rage stacks.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Another con is you need to do end combos with a medium otherwise the rage dies meaning you cant intercept without losing your damage
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    WRIR said:

Because he sucks?

AAR blocks his immortality and he kills himself lol. He's unusable for AW because of this

Doesn't have utility at all, and he kills himself for OK damage. He's unusable in hard quests.

So yeah. Sucks.

I found a use for him. His useful in 7.1.3 and can solo the whole path right up to red hulk boss 😁

https://youtu.be/kcFxXpPS5rk
    https://youtu.be/iZNUp1iS1a0
    https://youtu.be/cQvttLVKJfM
    https://youtu.be/Rio-vAisr0k
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    As a person who has actually read and still reads Immortal Hulk comics... they are having too high of expectations. This isn't your usual overpowered hulk. If you wanted that ask Kabam to add the Green Scar. A lot of times in these comics he has gotten hurt or even hurt himself and still keeps on going. That's the point of the champ... to fight at near death like he always does. Sure he could use a few tweaks but in my eyes his kit at least perfectly captures the Devil Hulk. He cant ever really die cause the Green Door just brings him right back
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Mike192 said:

Idk what it is about the 2020 champs but people just love to hate them.

He isnt practical, has little to no utility, relies on stuns for damage, rampup is lost in literally 2seconds if opponents turtle.

I took ihulk to R5 used a science gem and went ham in arena. I love the guy but not because he hits hard or so. He can be easily fixed but Kabam doesn't want to give us a strong hulk that is meta dominating.
    He doesn't need additional utility. Point of the champ is to smash until they are dead. He cant be used against evade or miss but there are other champs for that. This hulk shouldnt be immune to anything besides poison (gamma). As long as he can arise from the grave (that being near death) and smashes hard then I dont see a problem. He could use a few changes like rage length increase but that's managable if you have enough skill and knowledge of the champ
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    People wanted an immortal hulk

This hulk is much more of a temporarily immortal one
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

As a person who has actually read and still reads Immortal Hulk comics... they are having too high of expectations. This isn't your usual overpowered hulk. If you wanted that ask Kabam to add the Green Scar. A lot of times in these comics he has gotten hurt or even hurt himself and still keeps on going. That's the point of the champ... to fight at near death like he always does. Sure he could use a few tweaks but in my eyes his kit at least perfectly captures the Devil Hulk. He cant ever really die cause the Green Door just brings him right back

I am still catching up on issues. I am on #35, and from what I’ve seen, this is exactly right. He fights at near death with constant revival and incredible power.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    I feel like with Act 7 he can be used as that champ you just sub in for someone and can just use to nuke the boss as much as possible. He requires little to no ramp up and he's practically guaranteed to chip down at least 350K if players properly and the nodes allow which for most bosses it would.