**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

There is some bias behind the pulls?

Some accounts look way luckier than others. There're players with 10+ 6 stars with no good pulls while other have only 3 or 4 and 2 of them are god tier. It is just RNG or some there's some bias based of multiple factors (activity, current roster, last content completed, number of crystals opened, etc)?

Comments

• fchskmfchskm Posts: 166

It’s literally just RNG lol

How can we know? It's just Kabam word. They obviously can hide bias.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    fchskm said:

but why would there be bias? You have no proof
    edited December 2020

fchskm said:

Odachi said:

There is a special algorithm which uses the front facing camera to decide what you get. It only gives good rewards to beautiful people.

then how did I get a five star quake
    May

fchskm said:

No proof that there's no bias.
    Wdym no proof? You can see that everyone can get everything from insane openings to actually nothing. Seatin is a great example.
    Maybe the bias in their favor, while not in favor of others.
    My cav pulls were a joke until now.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

fchskm said:

fchskm said:

you're joking right? there's no proof that the world isn't created by faint gumball overlords. there's no proof I'm not a three hundred years old tortoise living on mars
    Well... I think there's proof to counter that second theory. However, yeah we could exist from gumball overlords, interesting theory.
    edited December 2020

fchskm said:

fchskm said:

you're joking right? there's no proof that the world isn't created by faint gumball overlords. there's no proof I'm not a three hundred years old tortoise living on mars
    That's a different story. RNG isn't actually random, it tries to emulate randomness, with less number of biasses possible. My doubt is how low is the number of biasses.

fchskm said:

fchskm said:

You’re making the claim, therefore the burden of proof is upon you.
    The point is: RNG is not actually random. So, what is the biasses of RNG method?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Helpyy said:

İts about how much you spend on the game. The more you spend the luckier you get. Even though whales and Kabam say thats not the case, deep down they know its true.

This is absolutely one of the dumbest things that gets touted repeatedly
    Exactly. Spending doesn't increase luck, spending gives you more chances at that same luck. Perceived luck in the form of shooting more shots in the dark while blindfolded, of course you'll hit the target.
    Yeah, I've never found it a terribly difficult concept to understand but that definitely doesn't seem to be the case for many people somehow.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    fchskm said:

fchskm said:

fchskm said:

You’re making the claim, therefore the burden of proof is upon you.
    The point is: RNG is not actually random. So, what is the biasses of RNG method?
    The RNG is as random as you’ll get the in a computer system. Same as all games. It is not rigged against accounts.

Tell you what, you get a coin and a family member/pet. Count heads as lucky, tails as unlucky. Flip the coin 10x for yourself. Note how many heads you get.

Then get the family member to flip it 10x, or flip it 10x for your pet. Again, not how many heads they get.

Odds are, one of you was luckier than the other. Et Voila, RNG in MCOC
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I didn't get squat from the Epoch shard cavs (that seems to be what has everyone's knickers in a twist currently). I know quite a few people that had some amazing luck with them. Instead of being bitter and whiny about not getting anything good myself, I just chose to be happy for and congratulate the people I know that did. Crazy stuff I know.
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182

Odachi said:

There is a special algorithm which uses the front facing camera to decide what you get. It only gives good rewards to beautiful people.

then how did I get a five star quake
    Out of pity for you 😂
    Why must you hurt him this way
This discussion has been closed.