**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

John Mulaney Advice

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
All advice for chapter 2 is welcome.

Also, I’m highly considering ranking up Captain Marvel Movie (awakened) to Rank 5 - did anyone use her on it?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Right now I think my team will be:

Aegon
    Doom
    Captain Marvel Movie
    Nick Fury
    Heimdal

Also considering substituting:
    Red Magneto
    Quake

I don’t have Ghost or Corvus

All are 5/65 and Awakened

Again, if anyone has done it - please be honest. How many units did you use?
    Who was your MVP?
    What are some tips you may have?
    If you could do it again, what would you do differently?

I’m moderate skill level - took me approximately 800 units to take down the Grandmaster.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

I think I used 5 team revives and that was with BWCV, Quake, AA, NG, and Hyperion. Most were used for mysterio so I'd watch those ones on YouTube first

NG?
    I forgot - I have AA too - really considering using him as well.
    Arifutera said:

https://youtu.be/u9ShehZGjG8

I'm just gonna leave this here...insane gameplay from my alliance mate

Wow- with 4 stars!!!
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★

Arifutera said:

Wow- with 4 stars!!!
    Yep...he is the americas semis winner
    Please check out his channel and sub!!
    jdeck59 said:

Kill_Grey said:

jdeck59 said:

I think I used 5 team revives and that was with BWCV, Quake, AA, NG, and Hyperion. Most were used for mysterio so I'd watch those ones on YouTube first

NG?
    Sorry Nick Fury

That's similar to the team I used, but I used G99 in place of Claire, and she saved more items.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    If you have aa, he handles htd and both pools incredibly easy. Cmm will probably be good for mysterio and quake warlock
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    I used:
    BWCV
    NF for synergy
    DPX for synergy
    Aegon
    CMM

Claire was money during this run. She did every Howard, Gwen and warlock. No revives. Had aegon ramp up on Deadpool, just let him heal, smash rinse and repeat. Super easy fight to ramp him up on. Obviously no revives.

Now for mysterio Claire was able to do pretty much all of them, save the last 3. But that's where a ramped up Aegon came in. 2 revives total for the second part.

Alas, it took me two revives on little piggy. Should have read the node. Languor got me.

In hindsight, I think I would have preferred Corvus for Mysterio. I think I would have been able to control the fight better and it might not have cost me the 2 revives. But at any rate, this challenge has Claire written all over it.
  • MoudouMoudou Posts: 151
    Arifutera said:

Nice! I saw something weird with G2099. The first fight, she threw sp3 when HtD was at 3%, because if rage, G2099 can't KO him, but the degen took him out, yet she carried the combo. I went through the exact situation in chapter 1.4, but my G2099 didn't carry 100 combo.
    Moudou said:

Arifutera said:

Nice! I saw something weird with G2099. The first fight, she threw sp3 when HtD was at 3%, because if rage, G2099 can't KO him, but the degen took him out, yet she carried the combo. I went through the exact situation in chapter 1.4, but my G2099 didn't carry 100 combo.
    Yeah, the energy damage from the SP 3 counts towards carrying over her combo.
  • TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    DrZola said:
    Hey this is my thread I started! :open_mouth:
  • Bdot13Bdot13 Posts: 77
    naikavon said:

I used:
    BWCV
    NF for synergy
    DPX for synergy
    Aegon
    CMM

Claire was money during this run. She did every Howard, Gwen and warlock. No revives. Had aegon ramp up on Deadpool, just let him heal, smash rinse and repeat. Super easy fight to ramp him up on. Obviously no revives.

Now for mysterio Claire was able to do pretty much all of them, save the last 3. But that's where a ramped up Aegon came in. 2 revives total for the second part.

Alas, it took me two revives on little piggy. Should have read the node. Languor got me.

In hindsight, I think I would have preferred Corvus for Mysterio. I think I would have been able to control the fight better and it might not have cost me the 2 revives. But at any rate, this challenge has Claire written all over it.

@naikavon .. wont corvus lose his charges because of the equally balanced node? can he be used effectively in this quest?
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    @Bdot13 truth be told, I forgot about that node lol. But, if I had brought him in I would have used him without specials just for the sheer damage and immortality. My CMM was basically unused after the first couple of paths as she died fairly early on to Mysterio.

That increased power gain, with no way to counter it made me spend precious binary time baiting specials, sometimes with limited success, which in turn caused me to rush and play poorly with her. No such issues with corvus. However long it takes to bait, is fine. His damage isn't on a clock. At any rate, considering how early on she died, he couldn't have been much worse lol.

As I said, I ended up using Claire in the later paths and eventually Aegon but with a very readily available armor break, corvus prolly would have been useful. Just theory as I didn't actually use him but I think he works.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★

I forgot - I have AA too - really considering using him as well.

I used him for Gwenpool in chapter one, you don't need to rely on special damage which is good
  • Mx268Mx268 Posts: 72

Right now I think my team will be:

Aegon
    Doom
    Captain Marvel Movie
    Nick Fury
    Heimdal

Also considering substituting:
    Red Magneto
    Quake

I don’t have Ghost or Corvus

All are 5/65 and Awakened

Again, if anyone has done it - please be honest. How many units did you use?
    Who was your MVP?
    What are some tips you may have?
    If you could do it again, what would you do differently?

I’m moderate skill level - took me approximately 800 units to take down the Grandmaster.

For me my team was:
    Ægon for HTD (Bait SP1), also for Deadpool (Ramp him up a lot here) and for Mysterio.
    Quake for Warlock
    AA for Gwenpool (Heard the best would be BWCV)
    NF (Quake Evade Synergy which may save you some times + not bad for Gwenpool as well)
    SS (Did HTD a couple of shot with him but definitely could've let him aside)
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    @Bdot13 I used 6r3 corvus with 2 charges, he soloed most warlocks, deadpools and mysterios. Use up most charges with big damage then shoot off s2 and do decent damage with no extra crit buffs
    So I just finished John Mulaney’s challenge.

Here’s advice for anyone who is thinking about doing it.

1. I spent about 600 units - be sure you have some saved. It can definitely be done with less but I went with the Aegon 9 furies method for speed kills.

2. Make sure you have the right champs.

My champs were:
    Aegon - easily the MVP. Ramp him up on Deadpool. Remember, he gets a power gain at 50% health, he degenerates opponents at 15% health, and he gets a power bar for every special attack you use. I used Aegon for Deadpool, Warlock (from the second round on), Mysterio, and Spiderham.

Archangel - he was amazing - makes otherwise difficult fights relatively easy even with huge health pools. No regrets taking him to rank 5. He took down Howard the Duck and Gwenpool in all rounds.

Heimdal - his cheat death synergy was so clutch.

Warlock - he took down Warlock in the first round. Didn’t really do much after that.

Starlord - basically used only so I could make one combo mistake with Aegon via the synergy.