**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is with the inflation of prices?

MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Ok it's been talked about to death but this is a major problem and I hope something is corrected.
So since 5* are becoming the new 4*s and so on down the line, why are crystal prices double of their old counter part (featured, phc)?
- Grandmaster featured crystal = 300 units
- Featured crystal = 150 units
- Grandmaster crystal = 200 units
- PHC = 100 units
Now those crystals are the exact same thing because of the looming 6*s, they don't have to be here already, just knowing they are coming devalues our 5* champs.
It's like they've only release half of an update, for this to make any sense and return it to normal (before 6*s were mentioned), they would need to double units rate collection across the board.
- Arena
- The store would need to double units for each existing unit deal at the same price listed now.
- Rewards from quests
Though we all know better, they will never do that. So, in essence, they are asking use to spend double the units for the same things we are getting now with no inflation towards earning them back. This is a major red flag.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    MrcMumble wrote: »
    Ok it's been talked about to death but this is a major problem and I hope something is corrected. So since 5* are becoming the new 4*s and so on down the line, why are crystal prices double of their old counter part (featured, phc)?

Because 5* champions aren't magically morphing into 4* champions, no matter how much players talk about them doing so.

As a general statement, I find it fascinating that players will pick some piece of information and say "see, this means 5* champs are replacing 4* champs" and then find another piece of information and say "see, since 5* champs are replacing 4* champs this needs to change." In other words, everything consistent with the idea that 5* champs are replacing 4* champs is proof that is happening, and everything not consistent with the idea that 5* champs are replacing 4* champs is proof the game is broken and needs to be changed.

That is how religions get started, not how game development happens.
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    My big problem is that we’re less than 3 months away from 6*s and we STILL cannot max 5*s. There is something seriously wrong with that.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Drummer829 wrote: »
    My big problem is that we’re less than 3 months away from 6*s and we STILL cannot max 5*s. There is something seriously wrong with that.

Who says that 6* are coming in January? Last I saw it was early 2018 and that could mean the first 3 or 4 months of 2018. It could have changed though.
  • MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
    It doesn't matter Jon, people are missing the point if this. It's the fact we know they are coming period and yet we are getting charged double the unit cost for the exact same crystals because 6*s will be a thing.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    DNA you make 0 sense... 5*s are becoming the new 4*s, you wanna know how I know this for a fact? Because it already happened when the 5*s replaced 4*s... you can not be that oblivious....

5*s still haven't replaced 4*s, sure you can have up to 5 r4 5*s, but that leaves everything else a r3 5* at best, and a high sig 550 4* will still be better in most instances. 5*s have been around a long time, and as a majority it's JUST now beginning to look like 5*s will slowly become the norm
  • MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
    Exactly my point ninjAlan, 5*s will become the norm, the problem is they are still charging for them like they are premium
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    The real issue is they doubled the cost of crystals and kept unit payouts the same. Your units are now worth half as much as they were before.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    5*s were becoming the norm before the announcement of 6*s, I got loads of them now.

But 5*s won't be the new 4*s, huge difference in the damage my r4s do compared to a 4* Maxed...

If anything 4*s will slowly become 3*s and be unused but that will be months away, I still get a lot of playability and help from my 4* roster.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    GM crystals are double the cost because they are 3/4/5*, not 2/3/4*.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Drummer829 wrote: »

And we're far from the dream of dupe a 5* 37 times.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Ok it's been talked about to death but this is a major problem and I hope something is corrected. So since 5* are becoming the new 4*s and so on down the line, why are crystal prices double of their old counter part (featured, phc)?

Because 5* champions aren't magically morphing into 4* champions, no matter how much players talk about them doing so.

As a general statement, I find it fascinating that players will pick some piece of information and say "see, this means 5* champs are replacing 4* champs" and then find another piece of information and say "see, since 5* champs are replacing 4* champs this needs to change." In other words, everything consistent with the idea that 5* champs are replacing 4* champs is proof that is happening, and everything not consistent with the idea that 5* champs are replacing 4* champs is proof the game is broken and needs to be changed.

That is how religions get started, not how game development happens.

I think what people are intending to say (I'm assuming anyways) is that you can't be competitive with 4 stars once 6 stars are available.

So, for example, lets say you get up to the point you want to do a legend run. If someone else has a 6 star and you don't it's only going to make it harder for you. This will also be true for AW (or whatever AW turns into considering it's current state).

On top of that I would imagine they will be pushing harder content in the future which will be possible with 6 stars, but cost you a lot if you are trying to accomplish it with 4 stars. One of those features will probably be the new LoL, labeled Labryinth of Legends 2, which is supposed to be upcoming in the near future.

None of it negates 4 stars, but they don't carry the same weight anymore. Same as 3 stars don't excite anyone anymore. 5 stars are thankfully still relevant and will probably continue to be so for a while yet, but they will no longer have the competitive edge.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    why are crystal prices double of their old counter part (featured, phc)?.

Cuz they different.

Why are featured 50% more than non-featured?

Cuz they different.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    DNA you make 0 sense... 5*s are becoming the new 4*s, you wanna know how I know this for a fact? Because it already happened when the 5*s replaced 4*s... you can not be that oblivious....

Really? So you now have entire defenses of 5* champions? Entire attack teams of 5* champions? Everything you were doing with 4* champions you are now doing with 5* champions? How many 5* champions do you even have at rank 3/45, much less 4/55?

I'm not oblivious. I'm unwilling to kiss hyperbole with that much tongue.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    edited October 2017
    300 units with the drop rate of the featured....scary thought
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    The introduction of 6*s will be gradual. It will take time to acquire them. They're not going to shift the entire system overnight. Other Champs in the game still have value. Everything does, regardless of popular opinion. Those Crystals are not the same. They contain different values of Champs.