**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Black-ISO market update

neither inflation can justify that exchange rate....

Comments

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Yeah, not even close to worth it. I don't know what they were thinking with this.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Yeah, not even close to worth it. I don't know what they were thinking with this.

It's for the top of the top who have no use for 5* anymore. It's more than you'd get for duping a 5*, even a max sig.
    Yes but no additional iso. After all not really worth. The featured 6* for 13k is nice :)
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    This had been already discussed
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Listen Ill say this.....

it is of course not worth the 10k shards they are asking for

for 3* shards you can get 1k 4* shards(890-955 increase from regular dupe)

2k 4* shards for 1k 5* shards(450 increase from max sig dupe or reg dupe)

But 10k 5* shards not even 1k......idk
    Its just one dupe away from being the same amount if you just opened your 5*

If they made it for like 3-5k Id consider it.....i wouldn’t do it immediately, but Id consider it for sure
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    to me you're better off duping 5 stars atlease you get sig stones which u can sell for gold etc
  • Odinson9Odinson9 Posts: 115
    You would need 134000 5 star shards to get a six star at this rate
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★

This had been already discussed

You gonna send a link this time or what?
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

No_oneuk said:

It's for the top of the top who have no use for 5* anymore. It's more than you'd get for duping a 5*, even a max sig.
    Yes but no additional iso. After all not really worth. The featured 6* for 13k is nice :)
    i mean, you think people that don't need 5* are starved on iso?
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    If they need iso they could open 4* crystals🤷🏽 Right??
  • YEETguyYEETguy Posts: 107
    edited December 2020
    No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

i mean, you think people that don't need 5* are starved on iso?
    Definitely
    6 stars are iso hogs
  • Duo_KulioDuo_Kulio Posts: 180 ★★
    750 shards for 10k?
    Having a 200 lvl hero and doubling it, we have 550 shards a lot of iso -----very very very poor deals
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

neither inflation can justify that exchange rate....

Well at most if you dupe a sig 200 5* you can only get 550 6* shards. So in those terms, you are getting more value.
  • JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    My first doubts were as Cavalier, now as Thronebreaker this still puzzles me. @Kabam Miike can we hope to have a better exchange rate in the future? Considering that this offer comes for people that pay for it, I think it should be more convenient.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    You know who this is for? Players who need a small amount of shards for an extra feature right before the sigil expires.

I buy the sigil a couple times per year and I plan to maximize value, saving shards etc. I became Thronebreaker at the start of the month and I haven’t done this trade-in. With that said, here’s the math on it:

1) the bounty will change to 1,000 shards from 750 at the next progression level. That’s how the 4-star/5-star exchange worked.

2) I have 8 champs at max sig. two skill, mutant and science, one tech/mystic and no cosmic. My odds of getting a max sig crystal are very low. This isn’t the case for more advanced players or ones who spend, especially on stones.

3) I have about 45 basic champs I’m missing. These champs get me no 6-star shards. The list of champs that meaningfully impact my roster is as follows: Human Torch, Red Magneto, and that’s about it. There are a handful of champs I’d like to awaken but wouldn’t use an AG on now, some I want just because I like them, or ones that complete a set (Masacre, or invisible woman if I get Torch).

With this split, my expected value for a 5-star is less than 275 shards. I have 40,000 4-star shards for when I start to run low on iso. If I get to the last 3 days of the sigil and it’s the difference between an extra 13,000 shard feature or not, I’ll buy. (I won’t, because I planned this correctly).
  • JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    TyEdge said:

I buy the sigil a couple times per year and I plan to maximize value, saving shards etc.

Players who buy the sigil usually do not do it 1or 2 times a year, but for medium to long periods especially for the increased inventory capacity. Now, IMHO other features like golden circles or solo event, as Thronebreaker, are not enough and only a more competitive shards exchange rate could make it interesting be interesting.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

TyEdge said:

I buy the sigil a couple times per year and I plan to maximize value, saving shards etc.

Players who buy the sigil usually do not do it 1or 2 times a year, but for medium to long periods especially for the increased inventory capacity. Now, IMHO other features like golden circles or solo event, as Thronebreaker, are not enough and only a more competitive shards exchange rate could make it interesting be interesting.
    Yeah, well, I’ll never compete with those spenders, but I’m getting 56 days worth of featured crystals and 6 weeks of black iso market/test of the Thronebreaker for buying 30 days of sigil.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    i buy the sigil only when put into a situation where things are expiring and i'd rather the bump in inventory rather than use or sell.

as far as the 6* shard offer is concerned, it's not worth it .. .be that a player who has no use for 5* or otherwise. it's just not a good value. i personally would take the ISO and 275 shards over that. but i do understand everyone is different ... to me, it's not worth it ... not even a little bit.