**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nerf AQ Apocalypse final boss

Comments

• RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Vigor coupled with the "No Robots with Suicides" node is just unnecessarily restrictive. This dude has 650k health on Day 4 in Map 7 and I'm not even in a top 75 prestige alliance. That would mean doing 162k damage every 25 seconds to out damage Vigor.

• cityofenochcityofenoch Posts: 45
    I have an r3 g99 and it is almost impossible to one shot on map 7 in a top 90 alliance. I've also finished all content in game including placing 53 in legends run on abyss. Finche is either not a top 500 alliance, or just lying. Most likely lying. If not, post the video and prove it.

FiiNCH said:

Treinin said:

Agree. It's almost enough to make you quit AQ entirely. Did we really need a node that stops suicide users from fighting the boss with a robot?

What are you talking about? I’ve already solo’d him with g2099 and I run full suicides...
    You fighting him in M7? If so, by all means, post some vids.
    well when you are a non advanced poor skilled non end game player, there really isn't much to complain about or understand as you have no experience.
    Greekhit said:

It’s funny watching “Endgamers” getting down from their high horses and complaining about content 🤣
    Think of that next time you will attack any low or mid tier player complaining for difficulty 😉

100% agreed. Am also in a top 90 alliance (placed 67 last week) and it is a huge cash grab/ resource drain. Kabam 3 months ago: we have no idea why anyone would want to use the corvus method, we're gonna research and come back with better designs. today: kabam designs a boss almost exclusively being taken down using said method.
    18sae56 said:

Sorry, it's garbage game design. My alliance is 11.3 prestige, top 90 every week and we do 7x5 and have been doing a map 7 for quite a long time without much issue. This new boss, and for that matter even the magneto mini boss requires too many specialty champs that you just don't have room for on your team because of the paths you have to plan for. Kabam wanted to get rid of people using the corvus timeout method, but they designed a boss that that seems to be the best method

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

I have an r3 g99 and it is almost impossible to one shot on map 7 in a top 90 alliance. I've also finished all content in game including placing 53 in legends run on abyss. Finche is either not a top 500 alliance, or just lying. Most likely lying. If not, post the video and prove it.

FiiNCH said:

Treinin said:

Agree. It's almost enough to make you quit AQ entirely. Did we really need a node that stops suicide users from fighting the boss with a robot?

What are you talking about? I’ve already solo’d him with g2099 and I run full suicides...
    I’ve already said it was map 6 and I’ve already said I was responding to someone saying Kabam was restricting suicide users with robots..

...read all the comments before calling someone out you muppet.
  • Captain_2goodCaptain_2good Posts: 145
    edited December 2020

100% agreed. Am also in a top 90 alliance (placed 67 last week) and it is a huge cash grab/ resource drain. Kabam 3 months ago: we have no idea why anyone would want to use the corvus method, we're gonna research and come back with better designs. today: kabam designs a boss almost exclusively being taken down using said method.

18sae56 said:

Sorry, it's garbage game design. My alliance is 11.3 prestige, top 90 every week and we do 7x5 and have been doing a map 7 for quite a long time without much issue. This new boss, and for that matter even the magneto mini boss requires too many specialty champs that you just don't have room for on your team because of the paths you have to plan for. Kabam wanted to get rid of people using the corvus timeout method, but they designed a boss that that seems to be the best method

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Kabam did exactly what they said they’d try to avoid. Bosses shouldn’t require such niche counters when the actual (Map 7) paths are restrictive enough. Mags as the new mini with Flux Dispersal is a mess as well, especially on later days. The chip damage from needing to Parry/Heavy eats you right up. Can’t use champs that can chain into heavies like Doom or Wasp either because of the Metal Ability Accuracy Reduction. Really hope some changes are made, because as it’s stand right now AQ Map 7 is absolutely soul (and item) draining, and it’s a real shame to see after all the positivity and steps in the right direction following the Roadmap and subsequent announcements. You guys can do better, small changes like reducing the massive healthpools of Mags/Apoc or scrapping nodes like Flux Dispersal and the Shock Node on Apoc (which pretty much renders anyone that uses Robots with Suicides helpless) would go a long way.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    Do Not Nerf Him Just Increase The Rewards!! More Effort Means More Rewards!!
  • fchskmfchskm Posts: 166
    Take easier maps lol
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited December 2020
    FiiNCH said:

Treinin said:

Aq5?
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Yeah apocalypse is a pain, but quite a few of my alliance mates have (barely) soloed him with guilly 2099.
    I personally think that vigor was just a wee bit of overkill, but it is still doable and not extremely fun and interactive, which I can tolerate.
    I suggest non end game players (anyone doing map6 and under) don't post about soloing a boss that has no relevancy to the initial thread which was always about map 7.

also, muppet head is the kind of insult a juvenile makes.
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Treinin said:

I’ve already said it was map 6 and I’ve already said I was responding to someone saying Kabam was restricting suicide users with robots..

I actually kind of like muppet. thanks!
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Treinin said:

• PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    @cityofenoch where does OP specify that he was just talking about map 7?

Honestly this mode isn't fun anymore because of the overpowered final boss.

I don't even know what else to say. It's just a plain pain in the b*tt. This fight is on par with pre nerf 6.2.6 Champion .

Please Kabam, listen to your players and lower the difficulty. Otherwise I can see many players stepping away from the higher maps.

Pizzabeat said:

I don't even know what else to say. It's just a plain pain in the b*tt. This fight is on par with pre nerf 6.2.6 Champion .

Please Kabam, listen to your players and lower the difficulty. Otherwise I can see many players stepping away from the higher maps.

He doesn’t - the guy just has the usual ‘end game elitist’ attitude 🤷🏻‍♂️
    my bad he doesn't. I guess we all interpret things phenomenologically.
    Pizzabeat said:

you boast about soloing the boss and … I'm the elitist? perhaps we both are?
    FiiNCH said:

Pizzabeat said:

also, note the key difference between map 6 and map 7 apocalypse boss nodes (besides overall pi) is the new node cutting wires (this applies a shock damage if running a robot and they are immune to bleed): so in map 6 you run suicides but it doesn't have cutting wires, so you take NO shock damage for that fight. In map 7, with cutting wires, you would have taking a ton of shock damage for running g99 with suicides at the start of the fight without doing anything.

If kabam simply cut this node, i think ti would be much more fair to your point that you could solo it in map 6.

FiiNCH said:

Pizzabeat said:

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    @cityofenoch, I suggest you "quote" the post you want to reply to before you type. Makes it easier to read.
    i think i have my last few posts? not the earlier ones.
    Kill_Grey said:

@cityofenoch, I suggest you "quote" the post you want to reply to before you type. Makes it easier to read.

the reason it was assumed map 7 is because the cutting wire node, which map 6 and below do not have.
    Pizzabeat said:

Kill_Grey said:

I mean you should be doing the opposite of what you are.
    my last post quoted the previous? not following you. So I should quote but NOT quote?
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

my last post quoted the previous? not following you. So I should quote but NOT quote?

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

oh i see, just have the quote precede my statement.

FiiNCH said:

Pizzabeat said:

Me saying I’ve solo’d an AQ boss in relation to a post isn’t being elitist. You saying you ‘suggest non end-game or map 7 players don’t post on a thread’ is absolutely elitist. Keep digging.

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

oh i see, just have the quote precede my statement.
    There you go.