**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

If the 2019 champs hadn't existed how would you rate the 2020 champs?

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
As the title suggests. Give each of the 2020 champs a rough overall ranking of S, A, B, C or D but bear in mind the 2019 champs don't exist. The purpose of this thread is to look at these champs from a different perspective and wonder if some are as bad as they really are. Buffs that occured in 2019 are also off the table. Here's mine:

Squirrel girl - A/B
Nova - D
Longshot - S
Mojo - S/A
Moleman - C
Terrax - D
Sorcerer supreme - S
Storm X - A
BWDO - S/A
Red Guardian - A (subject to change as I haven't seen much gameplay from him)
Tigra - S/A
Hit-monkey - S
Guardian - S
Sasquatch - B (this one's a bit iffy for me)
Air Walker - A/B (yes I said it)
Dragon man - A/B
Professor X - S
Apocalypse - S
Red goblin - A
CGR - S
iHulk - B
iBom - A
Spider ham - A (subject to change for the same reason as Red guardian)

*No this is not another underated/overated thread =)

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    honesty it’s all the same for me you can now except for air walker
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I will just rate the champs I have:

Squirrel Girl:- A-tier
    Terrax:- D-tier (Worst champ of 2020 IMO)
    Hit Monkey: S-tier
    Sasquatch: S-tier (pulled him as a 5* few days ago and I absolutely love him)
    Apocalypse: S-tier
    iHulk: B-tier
    iBom: A-tier
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

100% agree on the Terrax. The dude does a whole lotta nothing. Just curious, why put Sasquatch in S?
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

100% agree on the Terrax. The dude does a whole lotta nothing. Just curious, why put Sasquatch in S?
    just dropping my own opinion but his SP2 damage is honestly super insane and being able to chain it can be crazy, not too much utility but his damage and possible use of despair can make up for that lol

I'd honestly put the reworked champs in this list as well because most of them have been exceptionally good and are basically new champs

You're more than welcome to include them in yours 👍
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

He doesn't do a whole lot much but he does what he does extremely well. Add to that he doesn't require a super complicated playstyle like other 2020 champs and the fantastic synergies he has and he is a solid S-tier in my books.

just dropping my own opinion but his SP2 damage is honestly super insane and being able to chain it can be crazy, not too much utility but his damage and possible use of despair can make up for that lol

He doesn't do a whole lot much but he does what he does extremely well. Add to that he doesn't require a super complicated playstyle like other 2020 champs and the fantastic synergies he has and he is a solid S-tier in my books.
    Ah fair enough, I respect it
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

The champs from 2019 have set the bar so damn high. No one this year comes close

Guess you've never met Apocalypse
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

The champs from 2019 have set the bar so damn high. No one this year comes close

If my memories aren’t totally messed up, 2019 was pretty mediocre in total. Sure, we had some OP Champs like Fury/Torch/Doom and a few other very nice ones. But a lot of mediocre duds too.

2018 Champs/Year 4 Epochal Crystal is probably better with Ghost/Domino/Corvus/Cap and many more.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I don't think I'd rate them any differently as they are now, except we'd have no Nick so Hit-Monkey would be the most valuable champ to pull this year since he'd be the best easy-to-use skill champ.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Squirrel Girl B
    Nova D
    Longshot A
    Mojo A
    Mole Man F
    Terrax F
    Sorcerer Supreme S
    Storm X B
    BWDO A
    Red Guardian A+
    Tigra S
    Hit Monkey A
    Guardian A+
    Sasquatch B
    Air Walker F
    Dragon-man A
    Prof X S
    Apocalypse S
    Red Goblin B
    CGR S
    Ihulk B
    iAbom A
    Spider-Ham A+

For reference S= Amazing champion top of the top A+=Really close to a tier but not quite A= Awesome champ with good damage and utility B=Pretty good but nothing incredible. C=Meh D=Pretty bad F=trash

Squirrel Girl B
    Nova D
    Longshot A
    Mojo A
    Mole Man F
    Terrax F
    Sorcerer Supreme S
    Storm X B
    BWDO A
    Red Guardian A+
    Tigra S
    Hit Monkey A
    Guardian A+
    Sasquatch B
    Air Walker F
    Dragon-man A
    Prof X S
    Apocalypse S
    Red Goblin B
    CGR S
    Ihulk B
    iAbom A
    Spider-Ham A+

For reference S= Amazing champion top of the top A+=Really close to a tier but not quite A= Awesome champ with good damage and utility B=Pretty good but nothing incredible. C=Meh D=Pretty bad F=trash

It pains me every time someone says air walker is trash but hey, it is what it is 😅. What happened to the E ranking?
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

Squirrel Girl B
    Nova D
    Longshot A
    Mojo A
    Mole Man F
    Terrax F
    Sorcerer Supreme S
    Storm X B
    BWDO A
    Red Guardian A+
    Tigra S
    Hit Monkey A
    Guardian A+
    Sasquatch B
    Air Walker F
    Dragon-man A
    Prof X S
    Apocalypse S
    Red Goblin B
    CGR S
    Ihulk B
    iAbom A
    Spider-Ham A+

How is Ihulk B? He has no utility and damage that comes from self sacrifice. I'd take Mole Man over Ihulk every day. At least moleman has weird obscure uses that technically exists cuz he can say go through a crit node or something. Also at least terrax has bleed immune, shock immune and can be used on defense.

iHulk should be F
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Nova:B+ I stand by my word
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

DalBot said:

HI_guys said:

Guess you've never met Apocalypse
    And Guardian
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Guardian is s tier(when awakened)
    WRIR said:

Squirrel Girl B
    Nova D
    Longshot A
    Mojo A
    Mole Man F
    Terrax F
    Sorcerer Supreme S
    Storm X B
    BWDO A
    Red Guardian A+
    Tigra S
    Hit Monkey A
    Guardian A+
    Sasquatch B
    Air Walker F
    Dragon-man A
    Prof X S
    Apocalypse S
    Red Goblin B
    CGR S
    Ihulk B
    iAbom A
    Spider-Ham A+

How is Ihulk B? He has no utility and damage that comes from self sacrifice. I'd take Mole Man over Ihulk every day. At least moleman has weird obscure uses that technically exists cuz he can say go through a crit node or something. Also at least terrax has bleed immune, shock immune and can be used on defense.

iHulk should be F
    iHulk has the fun factor whereas mole man doesn't. If a champion is fun to play, people will be more incentivised to rank them up regardless of utility or damage. Primary example being Elsa bloodstone.