**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Best of 2020's Champions

ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
Alright, in essence we have all the 2020 champs available to us now and like 2020, the champions we have recieved this year have been up and down. Even though Spider-Ham is relatively new (and iAbomb ig) we now have surefire access to them. The idea is to rank the champions based on what you guys think, preferably in a Top 5 fashion.

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    1. Cosmic Ghost Rider
    2. Apocalypse
    3. Guardian
    4. Sorcerer Supreme
    5. Spider-Ham???

Honorable mentions - Immortal Abomination, Hit Monkey, Longshot, Red Guardian, Professor X, Dragon man and Tigra. They're all pretty great too
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Top 3 Champs of 2020:
    1. Cosmic Ghost Rider
    2. Tigra
    3. Spider Ham

Honorable Mentions: Prof X, Apocalypse, Guardian, Sasquatch, Mojo (he’s 2020 right), IBom, Hit-Monkey, Red Guardian, Dragon Man, and Long-shot.

But remember, no champ can be tiered perfectly. The best we can do is subjective. Take it as you will the contest should be a tier less place that you spend time to take up the characters that you love.

Hope this helps!
    (Insightful please)
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Sungj said:

1. Cosmic Ghost Rider
    2. Apocalypse
    3. Guardian
    4. Sorcerer Supreme
    5. Spider-Ham???

Honorable mentions - Immortal Abomination, Hit Monkey, Longshot, Red Guardian, Professor X, Dragon man and Tigra. They're all pretty great too

I think red Goblin is pretty good but I know he's somewhat divisive. I also think kali is better than guardian and spider ham is a tiny bit over hyped, but we need to see more
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

I think red Goblin is pretty good but I know he's somewhat divisive. I also think kali is better than guardian and spider ham is a tiny bit over hyped, but we need to see more

The easy to access degen immunity will be a selling point for many people, and primary source of damage being the power stings is a unique mechanism, and we'll just have to see how useful he is.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    In my case:

HMs- Tigra, Longshot and Red Guardian

5- Guardian/iBomb: Guardian is like a Tech Sunspot with a higher damage threshold and cool utility while iAbomb has so much DOT it's not even funny and block potential. I'm not quite sure who to rank here so I put them both here.

4- Sorcerer Supreme: Though I find her a bit boring as of now, she hits hard, regens hard and has cool side utilites with slow and nullify. Overall very good in the right hands.

3- Apocalypse/Professor X: September kicked (synonym for rear beginning with a) by bringing in two notorious mutant powerhouses and neither disappointed. Both have killer synergies, ones a satisfying utility monster, the other a special spamming monster. I'm putting both at the same rank though Apocalypse ranks slightly higher imo.

2- Spider-Ham: Spider-Ham is fairly new and might actually have the most useful utility in late game content that being degen damage reduction. He's like a "Yellowjacket Prime" personally with his Power Sting and Taunts. He could be moved down a bit potentially.

1- Cosmic Ghost Rider: Albeit KD has soured my taste of him a little bit, he is still a monster of a champion dare I say he is a Top 3 Cosmic if not Top 4 and the best champion of 2020.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Kali? I just don't think Red Goblin's ramp up is practical enough to be up there with the champions I listed. I just threw Spider-Ham up there just in case since he's so new and honestly he has that potential. Really great damage output, heavy degen mitigation/immunity, best counter for the opponents take 90% less damage unless theyre under the effects of a power sting node, on demand evade, solid synergies, etc.
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    1. CGR
    2. Apocalypse
    3. Guardian
    4. Sorcerer surpreme
    5. Spider Ham
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    1.) Tigra
    2.) CGR
    3.) Apoc
    4.) Guardian
    5.) SS
    6.) Sasquatch
    7.) Hit Monkey
    8.) Red Guardian
    9.) Prof X
    10.) Mojo

HM: Spiderham, IBomb (I just haven’t seen enough from those 2 yet), longshot, Roblin, dragonman, Storm, Black Widow, platpool, squirrel girl.

Bring on the disagrees.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Tigra, CGR, Apoc top 3
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    I can't rate the top ones, but I'm sure Terrax, Airwalker and Nova have been disappointing.

So far I enjoy tigra and guardian abilities and game play, I can tell about the others because I don't own them high ranked.
  • KanoooKanooo Posts: 106
    No love for my girl Black Widow (movie)?
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    CGR
    Apocalypse
    Sorcerer supreme
    Guardian
    Red guardian
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Tigra will be the best champ to come out of 2020. CGR has big damage, but nothing really new, you can live without him.

Tigra is probably the strongest champ Kabam has made since aegon, and before that ghost. She is ridiculously over powered, but in a good way.
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    I think we can certainly all agree that 2020 gave us some dope champions!

Dont sleep on Guardian peeps

😴 💤 🛌

What’s the difference between guardian and darkhawk? Maybe I’m biased because I don’t like ramp up champs all that much.

ABOMB said:

I think we can certainly all agree that 2020 gave us some dope champions!

Best animations for sure
  • TheGodmasterTheGodmaster Posts: 123 ★★
    STORM(PYRAMID X)
    TIGRA
    CGR
    BLACK WIDOW (DO)
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Sorcerer Supreme
    Guardian
    CGR
    Tigra
    Apoc

Sorcerer supreme is the most utility-packed champ of this year imo.

Texas_11 said:

😴 💤 🛌

What’s the difference between guardian and darkhawk? Maybe I’m biased because I don’t like ramp up champs all that much.

Ramp up champ? Lol. I take it you dont own a guardian. He has a legit claim for the 2nd best tech champion
    Not yet, I see most people going for the SP3 loop.My question is is borderline legit and borderline don’t understand the hype
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

😴 💤 🛌

Ramp up champ? Lol. I take it you dont own a guardian. He has a legit claim for the 2nd best tech champion
    I don’t know if I’d go as far as above warlock in terms of top 2, but top 3 he has a solid argument
    Na, guardian isn't as good as G99. But I'd say he's better than Warlock either way.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Remember when ppl thought Tigra was trash.
    The good ol' days
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    CGR
    Apocalypse
    Pro-X
    Sorcerer supreme
    Guardian
    Spider ham