**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Luck on PHC's

I'm still learning this game and also trying too get a decent roster and it's going absolutely horrible. The easiest way right now for me, since my roster is ****, with a whopping two 4*'s and around 15ish 3*'s after playing regularly for a little less than three months, is through the premium crystals I get from shards. Right now, I'm a ridiculous 0-for-50 in regards of even a three star. That's just what I remember counting. It's insane that my luck is that bad, I'm wondering if that is normal. I don't expect anything great, but to open at least 50 in a row with 50 straight two stars is absolutely insane to me. I'm wondering, what is other people's experience with this? Should I open at certain times or something? At this point, I don't really know what else to try since my roster can't get me very far in arenas, and I'm still learning to play the right way. Thanks and have a good one.

Comments

• Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I've gotten like 4 4* from PHC in almost 3 years so.... yeah the PHC are not known for their high 4* drop rates.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Wsm10 wrote: »
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    I've gotten like 4 4* from PHC in almost 3 years so.... yeah the PHC are not known for their high 4* drop rates.

Yeah I've expected that, but no 3*'s is kinda nuts to me, especially when 6*'s are supposedly coming soon. Sorry you're luck has gone that way, I certainly hope it gets better. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, no 3* does seem kinda crazy. It does seem like you have better luck when you save up crystals. If you open them in multiples of 10 or so, drop rates seem to be better, but I'm sure I'm just imagining things.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    They come and go. Sometimes I go months in between 4*s from PHC. Sometimes I have a string of good luck. Yesterday I pulled a 4* Quake from PHC Shards. 3*s are more common, but same randomness. I get more 3*s than 4*s. Mostly 2*s.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Like I say to everyone. Just assume PHCs are going to always drop 2*s. I've always had terrible luck on them also. So it's not just you.
    Opening multiples doesn't affect the Drop Rate. It's just more chances at the same rate. Each Crystal is a separate outcome generated. If the Drip Rate is 10% for 3*s, which is just an example and not the actual rate, then opening 10 will be 10 chances at 10%. It's all the same.
    Wsm10 wrote: »
    They come and go. Sometimes I go months in between 4*s from PHC. Sometimes I have a string of good luck. Yesterday I pulled a 4* Quake from PHC Shards. 3*s are more common, but same randomness. I get more 3*s than 4*s. Mostly 2*s.

Yeah, that's how it seems to go looking around at different places about these, hopefully it's just a rut. Like I had said, I'm just really shocked at the absence of 3*'s there. I'm just in need of more quality for the better arenas. 4*'s would be great, but aiming for only those is setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Svain wrote: »
    Like I say to everyone. Just assume PHCs are going to always drop 2*s. I've always had terrible luck on them also. So it's not just you.

Good way to look at it. Hopefully your luck changes around. I'm really just hoping the drop rates get recalculated soon since 6*'s will be in play soon enough. I'm already too far behind! Haha.

Yes. It's just the RNG. They're rare, but not as rare as 4*s. Good luck building a Roster.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Also make sure you're in a decent alliance for your "power level" that will help you get 4* and 5* shards faster. While being loyal to an alliance is great and all, just don't let loyalty hold you back.
  • zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    I just opened 70 PHCs all at once n got 1 3*. Rest were 2*s. Just expect 2*s. No expectations no disappointment
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    5hbg1drincmf.png

Picture speaks the work.
    Just have to be patient
    Thanks. I was quite pleased. I didn't have her as a 4* and I didn't have time to Grind when she was Basic. It's the unexpected drops that lighten the day. Lol. I have a few 3*s I'm pulling for as well because I was busy when they came up. Can't always have time to Grind. :) I don't mind waiting for pulls actually. Makes it exciting when I get them.
  • adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Posts: 463
    I have got about 10 4*s from phcs in 3 years
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I opened 1 yesterday.
    I'll admit I was curious about some videos I've seen where people keep going back and forth until the crystal comes directly from the bottom right corner of the screen.
    I did it about 9 times til I was happy, I got a 4* GR.
    Coincidence maybe?
    Who knows?
  • BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    3 months in and no 4* from PHC. I've play arena and quest a lot too. Maybe over 250 PHC.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    I waited for almost 6+months bw my first n second 4* pull from phc.

Then recently i pulled 3 within a span of few weeks. I'm not a hoarder. Open 5-6 at once everytime. All I'm looking for are Iso-s while opening.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    edited October 2017
    2.5 years in game, 400k account, I always only got 2* from PHC for the first 3 months or so. I had to get the 3* from the arena. I had my first 4* (hulk) from the 4* crystal of act 3. The second one from 2500 units I got from arena. And I duped him. At the time hulk was less than average. In the following 2 years I have opened thousands of PHCs and got like 4 4* from them, if I recall correctly electro Jane foster she hulk and oml. All the whole alliance mates opened 1/week. We are unlucky, that’s all. Like, I have >60k pvp, never found 4* punisher. Lately I opened 110 PHCs, 4 3*, 106 2*. It’s like that. The only consolation I have is that my luck is pretty decent with 5*, duped sl, duped magik, and voodoo and iceman 2/11 featured. I wouldn’t call myself lucky with 5* but at least not as unlucky as with 4* and PHCs.