**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen) Buff after trying him out?

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Bipul said:

GMAX77 said:

SknZn said:

Did you guys know how a beautiful masterpiece was the DD season3? Also #SaveDaredevil petition is still going on? He is really fan loved character, and i mean, i REALLY mean kabam can’t do this to him, they shouldn’t. Just to my opinion he should be equal to skill spidy. Both dmg and utility wise.

I have heard several people say that his utility and effectiveness will become more understandable as time goes on. His buff has only been out for a very short time comparatively. As I pointed out in an earlier post, even if everything about him was left as is, simply working out the regen issue would make him more playable which in my experience would open the doors for more people to take him into various content, thus giving us more opportunity to see the benefits of the overhaul which at the moment are going unnoticed. Either way, I can't imagine anything happening until January's update, and that's IF the company sees it as a big enough issue to change. My only concern is that since he's not a "new" champ and most people already have him, would this warrant an adjustment since this is not a champ which will necessarily drive the purchasing of new crystals. (Not sure if the earlier buffs and overhauls had an impact on crystal purchases for the newer champs. Maybe Magneto, but even then, many already had him)
    I’m one of those people. The guy can bypass Korg, Electro, etc. Also can bypass thorns, spiked armor, etc.

Also reduces ability accuracy a ton on top of that.

His mechanics are misunderstood right now and when someone cracks the code he’ll be better.

I don’t like the regen thing. That’s the main issue. However he’ll regen non stop at 40% right now if you play him right. Only way that helps is if he’s ranked up. They need to fix the DOT regen rate, if anything.
    Not true, countering thorns only work after 15 hits by that time you have already taken so much damage you cant heal. Ability is flawed.
    He bypasses it. It’s 2 combos and change and he’ll heal up after.

Why do people just want 100% OP out of the box. Kabam won’t make champs like that all the time.
    People are not asking for a Magneto/Colossus level buff. We want him to become a lot more usable than he was before. Currently, with his buff, this is not the case. Also, the skill class is extremely lacking, so any buffs are going to have to be really good.

And its Daredevil, a fan favorite character!
    I totally agree with this, but approaching it with vitriolic criticism that isn’t constructive doesn’t help our case.

There IS some good in what they did, BUT they're not going to re-work the re-work.

Build off what they did and we may get something usable. Redesigning the champ from here won’t help our cause.

Increase numbers, fixing the regen, making the non-fury rage be able to convert to a fury will all help the guy be better but we’re not getting another rework.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★

buffajr said:

I’m seeing this daredevil still evading projectiles however it’s not mentioned anywhere on the champion in-game. Was this mentioned at all and/or was this ability not yet removed from his kit?

Spider Gwen synergy. When you charge a heavy you can evade a projectile for 1.5 s
    Yeah, but he’s evading in quests without synergies.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Increase numbers, fixing the regen, making the non-fury rage be able to convert to a fury will all help the guy be better but we’re not getting another rework.

This is literally all he really needs to become as good a champ as he deserves to be
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★

This is literally all he really needs to become as good a champ as he deserves to be

I think that’s the thing, the buff almost puts him in a place where he is worth considering for content other than just Arena. Just some small tweaks could push his usability up a couple of notches.

I want so bad for him to be good. I wanted to have another skill champ that is usable on relevant content.

Hopefully Kabam listens to all of us players and gives DD the buff he deserves
    And we deserve!

I want so bad for him to be good. I wanted to have another skill champ that is usable on relevant content.

Hopefully Kabam listens to all of us players and gives DD the buff he deserves
    I also believe if they weren’t trying to figure it out they would have said so by now. @Kabam Miike himself stated that he was taking concerns back to the development team.

• J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    SknZn said:

Did you guys know how a beautiful masterpiece was the DD season3? Also #SaveDaredevil petition is still going on? He is really fan loved character, and i mean, i REALLY mean kabam can’t do this to him, they shouldn’t. Just to my opinion he should be equal to skill spidy. Both dmg and utility wise.

On top of this the skill class is arguably the weakest, it needs salvation. Not saying DD should save it but step in balancing the “The Class Wheel”. The mystic class was in a similar boat and recent we had a ton of solid mystic champs: Doom, Claire, Sorcerer Supreme, Dragon Man, Sasquatch, Longshot and maybe someone I’ve forgotten. These are all good and useful champs from what I’ve heard.

You can really count champs that one would r5 and use in end game content from the skill class on your finger tips.

Balance #TheClassWheel
    GMAX77 said:

SknZn said:

I have heard several people say that his utility and effectiveness will become more understandable as time goes on. His buff has only been out for a very short time comparatively. As I pointed out in an earlier post, even if everything about him was left as is, simply working out the regen issue would make him more playable which in my experience would open the doors for more people to take him into various content, thus giving us more opportunity to see the benefits of the overhaul which at the moment are going unnoticed. Either way, I can't imagine anything happening until January's update, and that's IF the company sees it as a big enough issue to change. My only concern is that since he's not a "new" champ and most people already have him, would this warrant an adjustment since this is not a champ which will necessarily drive the purchasing of new crystals. (Not sure if the earlier buffs and overhauls had an impact on crystal purchases for the newer champs. Maybe Magneto, but even then, many already had him)

But they shouldn’t base ALL their decisions on profit/money as the primary motive or reason for certain actions. As a business entity, there’s nothing wrong in letting profit be the secondary reason for CERTAIN actions. Sometimes in the long run, you benefit monetary wise when money isn’t the primary.
    Eg, sometimes keeping customers happy and satisfied makes you lose money now, but more later.
    And haven’t greedy corporations done enough harm already, what’s wrong in letting customers be at the laughing/smiling end of some deals as if those corporations will be burnt to the ground.
    J0eySn0w said:

SknZn said:

On top of this the skill class is arguably the weakest, it needs salvation. Not saying DD should save it but step in balancing the “The Class Wheel”. The mystic class was in a similar boat and recent we had a ton of solid mystic champs: Doom, Claire, Sorcerer Supreme, Dragon Man, Sasquatch, Longshot and maybe someone I’ve forgotten. These are all good and useful champs from what I’ve heard.

You can really count champs that one would r5 and use in end game content from the skill class on your finger tips.

Balance #TheClassWheel
    Although I agree with you on everything, I will add:

Daredevil

Come ooooooooooooon!
    edited December 2020

J0eySn0w said:

SknZn said:

Balance #TheClassWheel
    Although I agree with you on everything, I will add:

Daredevil

Come ooooooooooooon!

Yes, Daredevil.
    Forgotten NF is one of the best champs in the game. And Sentry is ...
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    edited December 2020
    I have been very satisfied with all of the champion updates until H.K. Most people used to say that he was a garbage champion but I guess I was among the minority who enjoyed him the way he was, although he could have used a little boost in damage. He was SOOOOO easy to use. I used to use him with one hand, literally. Parry, medium, repeat. Stack armor breaks, sp2, goodnight. And he was one of the few with a heavy attack quick enough to chain to the end of your combo. It was quick, the way DAREDEVIL's heavy SHOULD be. Now it's all clunky and slow, he has no more armor break (with medium attack or otherwise), and he has 2 modes making him way more complicated to use. I am thoroughly disappointed. Just my opinion.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

Also - Charlie Cox is cast as Matt Murdock/Daredevil in Spider-man 3

OOOH Man that's gonna be good, he plays a kick@ss DD !!! I hear Jon Bernthal is coming to the mcu as well , gonna be sick !!

OOOH Man that's gonna be good, he plays a kick@ss DD !!! I hear Jon Bernthal is coming to the mcu as well , gonna be sick !!

Who’s Charlie Cox? I only know Matt Murdock
    J0eySn0w said:

Who’s Charlie Cox? I only know Matt Murdock
    The actor from the Netflix series who played Daredevil/Matt Murdock
    J0eySn0w said:

SknZn said:

Balance #TheClassWheel
    Skill definitely is the weakest class. There are a lot of interesting champs but really only 1 that’s in the elite list.

I hope there’s a response from Kabam soon on whether there’s any action to DDHK. One way or another please let us know.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    Hope there’s some feedback too. Skill needs more champions viable for content other than Arena. The change nearly makes DDHK suitable for other content, but he sits in the same space as BWDO, Ronin, Falcon and Squirrel Girl for me, but behind them all.
    Chobbly said:

Hope there’s some feedback too. Skill needs more champions viable for content other than Arena. The change nearly makes DDHK suitable for other content, but he sits in the same space as BWDO, Ronin, Falcon and Squirrel Girl for me, but behind them all.

I like his kit - he needs a high sig and all of a sudden he becomes a brawler type champ, which would be able to do a lot in AW and a ton of content BUT there’s the regen issue. It kills him off in situations where the gameplay is unfair.

If Iron fist receives the same debuff, (DOT we’re talking about) and DDHK has it in the same situation, Iron Fist - a champ with normal regen rate - would survive more so than DD. It literally melts him. No 40% regen on that Rage debuff will save him.

And vs Void. That Rage debuff destroys DD.

I’m dying for a response of some kind. Whether it’s “we’re leaving him like this” or “we’re problem solving”
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    And now that Kingpin seems to be getting buffed in February I hope Kabam does justice to both Kingpin and DD hell's kitchen!