**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Worst side event of the year 2020

Comments

• Thepower12Thepower12 Posts: 9

There should have at least been an option to trade them in for other Shards. I wouldn't have rolled 18 of them.

Wasn’t there also a side event this year that was during February that had basically just grandmaster and premium love shards or something? Like why didn’t people complain ab that( correct me if I’m wrong ab it) but that event totally sucked besides the love potions which weren’t even that plentiful anyways... now they offer cav crystals which have selectable years and easier to target heroes and ppl are mad? Along with the trove of other rewards and events kabam has thrown out already and has yet to throw out later on in the month... I’m rlly happy with the change in pace for the side event gives ppl that don’t spend a fun opportunity to pop free cavs and hit the jackpot for once!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Its not the only event happening this month though....
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,108 ★★★
    For some the worst but for some the best, what happens happens that's how the game works
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    People only hate this event cause they got pooped on
    🙃
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I’d feel sad too if only got 3*/4* for 15 Cav pulls. RIP.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I dont even remember what I got, I think I got a 5* longshot but I'm not sure.

For a zero resource event it wasn't too bad, if you spent to get through and only pulled 3* then I get being disgruntled but no one asked you to brute force your way through and cav crystal odds are plain to see.
  • JAATKINGJAATKING Posts: 111
    Your luck is bad but atleast you get a lot of gold and some rnk up material from quest.
  • ClynevaClyneva Posts: 75 ★★
    That's really unfortunate. The chances of getting zero 5*/6* in 15 pulls is about 4.23% that's a pretty lousy low-roll.

With that said though, I'm not convinced the bottom end of the variance in this event is so much worst than previous event. (While the high end is insane.)

Think of it this way. In the past few side events we got enough shards for around 2-3x 5* crystals, true. But you still had to have good RNG for that to mean something. Personally, those 3x 5* crystals turned into 60 sig levels on champions I'll never use + 825x 6* shards + 72x T5 iso. Is that really much better than 18x 3*/4* I'll never use and about 2200x 5* shards + 212x T5 iso + (max sig crystals, since many of my 3*/4* are maxed)?

Maybe a little, depending on your iso needs and how much you value 6* shards. But I'd argue that it's a lot closer than people are claiming the difference to be. And remember, we're comparing the very very low end here.

The average outcome for 18 cav crystals is actually around 3.4x 5*/6* champions. So the majority of the players are walked away from this event with strictly better rewards.

***You might notice I left out the 6* rewards from previous events in this analysis. That's because the comparison was already pretty skewed, since we're comparing full side-events from previous months to this half side-event. If we really want to be fair, then we'll have to include the rewards from all the other parts of this month (Champion challenge, two extra calendars, anniversary gift, Christmas gift, 4*/5*/6* arenas, gifting event), which I'm fairly sure all together will beat out almost any other month this year, in every reward category.

• OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    This months side events are pretty good and challenging! You were unlucky with your car crystals.. silly reason to call this the worst side event of the year.

Did you forget the amount of recourses the current events are giving you? Or the five star crystals (including a nexus) and even a six star. And even a good amount of gold!

People always find a reason to complain..
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Good event. No complains.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Great event if rng smiles upon you, few guys in my alliance got 7-8 5* or 4-5 5* and 1 6* but when you only get 1 5* and it’s one you already had like I did it feels pretty underwhelming.
  • MadTing123MadTing123 Posts: 118
    It ain’t a bad event your lucks just terrible
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Normally you have 1 side event. This month you have a second. And you still got a very decent amount of catalysts.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Moleman expeditions say hi.
    This event was far from the worst, just people whining about rng.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

There should have at least been an option to trade them in for other Shards. I wouldn't have rolled 18 of them.

Wasn’t there also a side event this year that was during February that had basically just grandmaster and premium love shards or something? Like why didn’t people complain ab that( correct me if I’m wrong ab it) but that event totally sucked besides the love potions which weren’t even that plentiful anyways... now they offer cav crystals which have selectable years and easier to target heroes and ppl are mad? Along with the trove of other rewards and events kabam has thrown out already and has yet to throw out later on in the month... I’m rlly happy with the change in pace for the side event gives ppl that don’t spend a fun opportunity to pop free cavs and hit the jackpot for once!
    Yeah crystal shards have popped up multiple times as rewards from side events, but suddenly this event is the worst ever because some people didn’t get some 5* or 6*s?
    Didn’t see me complaining about all the other events when I pulled nothing but 3*s from the special uncollected crystals.
  • kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★
    edited December 2020
    It's the best event in the world if you pull awesome champs, and the suckiest (like for me) if you pull trash. Personally, if this costed zero energy, I wouldn't have minded. Again, the best move is just for these 18 crystals, you should've made removed the 3*s, and buffed the chance to get 4*s and 5*s. Normals cavs, for some unknown reason has 3*s but if you're whaling and buying a lot of them, 50% chance seems great. But if you're going to be getting at average 9/18 3*s for all this grind as a cavalier, that's just straight up nonsense. As great as a 3* Spiderham or Apoc is, I'm not gonna be able to use them anywhere. So yeah, 1-2 days of excitement to try him and then back to decaying in my roster. Personally, an event which has a chance to **** on me after all that effort is underwhelming anyways.

TL;DR- Remove the 3*s from these 18 crystals, and buff the 4* and 5* rewards. Atleast I'm grinding for iso and shards then.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Still much better then the last two events
  • m4ciekkm4ciekk Posts: 96
    edited December 2020
    I didn't have any expectations because I can't belive I could duped my 6* Nick Fury with any of those Cavs crystals but instead of Nick I got 6* Thing and 6* Elsa with bunch of 3 and 4* champions on my alt account. Not bad at all:)

Besides that I got 5* Corvus on my main. Corvus which I was looking for since he was released.

So for me it's one of the best side quest if not the best.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    DNA3000 said:

I'm OK with some side events being more RNG based. The rewards will have a lower ceiling if they are fixed. Maybe there will be more shards to be had, and everyone got a ton of gold from this event. Sorry you were unlucky.

This side event had more RNG in terms of rarity, but a whole lot less RNG in terms of champion pool. They complement the dual class crystals in that regard: more control over targeted champions at the cost of less control over rarity.
    I'd rather have the shards(RNG in champion selection) than this (RNG in rarity). One has more guarantee of usefulness. 5* Phoenix is a much better pull than 3* Apocalypse
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    This event is like the first rifts. Where people are getting lucky (pulling 5* awakening gems, T2a) but others arent as lucky.
  • GerbilGerbil Posts: 50
    Dude even the Kabam employees gripe about this... End of the day... You had a crappy opening and I get it... It sucks when it sucks but do you turn to the forums to scream hallelujah when you get lucky? Nothing says "I'm spoiled" like a forum post talking about how entitled you feel... I got **** too but at least it was free ****...
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Sorry @Umar7

I didn’t have any luck with those crystals either. Little bit better than you, 2 5*’s.

Kamala to help me slay act 6. And some other useless 5*.
  • bruhmomento69bruhmomento69 Posts: 157
    edited December 2020
    lol I got a 2 3* prof x and they were my best drops from GMC as I'm unco. Honestly, I like the event because it has a sweet spot in my heart because I got a 5* red mags from the legendary crystal from the master mode exploration. Gl with your next pull and remember its rng.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

That's where I disagree. I'd rather have Shards or other Resources I can surely put to use than take a chance at a 3* or 4* that do nothing for my Roster. The odds on the Cavs are way too narrow to be rewarding on a Side Event. They're horrible. It's the same reason I don't wig out on Cavs. Just a horrible experience for a monthly Side Quest.

There was tons of resources in the event as well though. To me, the Cavs were just extra.
    No, they can be used. There are Resources in other Events as well. What there also is, are Shards appropriate to the level you're doing. There aren't any in this Event. Just a chance to spin some Cavs. Which means it's VERY rewarding for some people, but the other end of that is it sucks ##### for others. I don't even mean in a way that people got ISO, or Cats, or "garbage pulls". I mean no use whatsoever, aside from the Dup Shards. Something that is intended to balance the RNG in spending became the base outcome in an Event designed to reward people as it does every month, and that shouldn't be.
    Look, I would agree with you. But you’ve defended events exactly like this in the past
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

That's where I disagree. I'd rather have Shards or other Resources I can surely put to use than take a chance at a 3* or 4* that do nothing for my Roster. The odds on the Cavs are way too narrow to be rewarding on a Side Event. They're horrible. It's the same reason I don't wig out on Cavs. Just a horrible experience for a monthly Side Quest.

There was tons of resources in the event as well though. To me, the Cavs were just extra.
    No, they can be used. There are Resources in other Events as well. What there also is, are Shards appropriate to the level you're doing. There aren't any in this Event. Just a chance to spin some Cavs. Which means it's VERY rewarding for some people, but the other end of that is it sucks ##### for others. I don't even mean in a way that people got ISO, or Cats, or "garbage pulls". I mean no use whatsoever, aside from the Dup Shards. Something that is intended to balance the RNG in spending became the base outcome in an Event designed to reward people as it does every month, and that shouldn't be.
    Look, I would agree with you. But you’ve defended events exactly like this in the past
    No, there hasn't been an Event in the past that had a payout like this one. Even if I was lucky, I'd still have the same point of view. The chance of pulling nothing that helps an Account where they're at is too high.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    ANY 5* or 6* Shards would have contributed to some progression. Cats could have been used regardless if someone has plenty or not. Technically they could be used. I have almost every 3*, save for a few. I have most 4*s. Anything that comes up in the lion's share of odds doesn't do anything at all to contribute really. I'm sure it's the same for many other Cav Players.
  • MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    You got a 4* Spider-Ham!!! I didn't get him in any variety...lucky!