**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Worst side event of the year 2020

13»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    MityAnt said:

You got a 4* Spider-Ham!!! I didn't get him in any variety...lucky!

We can Grind the 3* for 640k now.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

That's where I disagree. I'd rather have Shards or other Resources I can surely put to use than take a chance at a 3* or 4* that do nothing for my Roster. The odds on the Cavs are way too narrow to be rewarding on a Side Event. They're horrible. It's the same reason I don't wig out on Cavs. Just a horrible experience for a monthly Side Quest.

There was tons of resources in the event as well though. To me, the Cavs were just extra.
    No, they can be used. There are Resources in other Events as well. What there also is, are Shards appropriate to the level you're doing. There aren't any in this Event. Just a chance to spin some Cavs. Which means it's VERY rewarding for some people, but the other end of that is it sucks ##### for others. I don't even mean in a way that people got ISO, or Cats, or "garbage pulls". I mean no use whatsoever, aside from the Dup Shards. Something that is intended to balance the RNG in spending became the base outcome in an Event designed to reward people as it does every month, and that shouldn't be.
    that's just the same for normal shards. you can pop a 5* and get think or you can get a quake. sure, this event is definitely more rng than that but it's not to say rng isn't a thing or shouldn't be
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

That's where I disagree. I'd rather have Shards or other Resources I can surely put to use than take a chance at a 3* or 4* that do nothing for my Roster. The odds on the Cavs are way too narrow to be rewarding on a Side Event. They're horrible. It's the same reason I don't wig out on Cavs. Just a horrible experience for a monthly Side Quest.

There was tons of resources in the event as well though. To me, the Cavs were just extra.
    No, they can be used. There are Resources in other Events as well. What there also is, are Shards appropriate to the level you're doing. There aren't any in this Event. Just a chance to spin some Cavs. Which means it's VERY rewarding for some people, but the other end of that is it sucks ##### for others. I don't even mean in a way that people got ISO, or Cats, or "garbage pulls". I mean no use whatsoever, aside from the Dup Shards. Something that is intended to balance the RNG in spending became the base outcome in an Event designed to reward people as it does every month, and that shouldn't be.
    that's just the same for normal shards. you can pop a 5* and get think or you can get a quake. sure, this event is definitely more rng than that but it's not to say rng isn't a thing or shouldn't be
    No, it's not. If you pull a 5* Groot, you can still use that in the Arena. Dup it, you get 6* Shards. I'm not talking about good vs. bad Champs. I'm talking literally useless. Aside from the few Shards I got that will turn into a 5* eventually, it's quite literally of no use to my Roster. Even with Events that have exclusive 2*s, that's something. They're not normally gotten in the game. For someone to roll 18 Crystals and come out of it with a few 4*s and the rest 3*s, that's a bogus Event for a Cav Player.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Umar7 said:

I'm at a point in game where anything below 5* doesn't matter at all.

I feel for you, as my cav luck overall has been horrible, but I think you are missing something here. 4* and below champs still matter in this game because Kabam will continue to make them matter. Granted they are not as useful in the majority of content, but Variant 4, the wacky arenas where the 1* champs get more points than 6*, arena grinding in general, and all of the cav solo events would provide a stellar argument as to why lower star champs still matter.

That being said, wish you would have gotten higher level champs. Maybe next month's side quest will make up for this.
  • Umar7Umar7 Posts: 44
    Omedenn said:

This months side events are pretty good and challenging! You were unlucky with your car crystals.. silly reason to call this the worst side event of the year.

Did you forget the amount of recourses the current events are giving you? Or the five star crystals (including a nexus) and even a six star. And even a good amount of gold!

People always find a reason to complain..

Did I mention other events of the month? I'm only referring to the monthly side event. As far as the gold goes, I have 20 mil gold & haven't had gold problem since ages.
    MityAnt said:

You got a 4* Spider-Ham!!! I didn't get him in any variety...lucky!

I don't care if I get anyone as a 4*, whether it be a new or rare champ. Why would I care for a 4* when you can't even enter in act 6, 7 with one. I have already done all variants, act 6, act 7 ch1 50%, labyrinth.
    I get it that its rng but I would rather have 1 guaranteed 5/6* over 10 of these trash cav crystals. Its not too much to ask is it?