**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anniversary calendar

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★

I agree, this game is important to all of us (how would it be here for 6 years?) but equating the fact about how the game is constantly moving and that it is similar to the importance of life is just wrong. This game (as much as I love it) is a game at the end of the day, it can do nothing to change me unless I let it. Life will change you and will change for you and isn't as predictable or simple as a video game

You're missing the point
  • UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Posts: 51
    Sungj said:

Okay, yeah there should've been more shards in the Cav calender but let's be honest here the difference from uncollected to cavalier is no longer that big. It's actually not big at all. I think all the youtube free to play challenges have more than highlighted this. With how available five star and six star shards are now it's very easy to become cavalier. This huge gap you're talking about between uncollected and cav is, in the hands of a skilled player, or hardcore grinder . . . 3 days.

i must be reading that wrong arent i? there is a massive difference between cav and uc, both in skill and roster. youre average uc player is nowhere near as good at the game or has as developed of a roster as an average cav player. and just talking about just finished 5.2 and just finished 6.1 ther is a HUUUGE leap there. Yes skilled youtubers are able to get to cav in a few weeks, but thats bc theyre skilled and its partially a job for them, when they do those challenges they spend 10+ hours a day devoted to playing on that second account just to progress as much as possible in a short period, and even then they can be roadblocked by bad rng in 5 star crystals since theyre rushing and not spending time to develop a roster like your typical uc player will do. Im not saying that cav needs massive buffs but they totally got shafted and if there wasnt a big difference in progression like you, or the rewards lately are saying then why even have a cav progression title? if theres not going to be a semi distinct difference between progressions why have them at all?
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Everyone who ends up reading this thread. Everyone can obviously tell that there is a problem. The gap between new Cav players and TB has grown too large, we need to make a mega thread to make this
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    There's a large unneccesary gap between Cav and Thronebreaker but virtually none between UC and Cav. What gives?
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    So, UC and Cav both got 5000 shards ?

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. That's just insulting. But go ahead Kabam, keep having this abhorrent attitude towards what was until recently the highest progression in the game, that WON'T entice me to push for TB, but uninstall your game most certainly. I started the year with zero faith in your company, it went up during the summer, but it looks like you're back at square one.
  • BendersBountyBendersBounty Posts: 160
    This is so sad kabam is not even going to respond to this this is embarrassing, this is something that needs to be addressed now the cavaliar suck so bad, are worth nothing to a player like me, and need to be corrected
  • Rlay02Rlay02 Posts: 22
    If thronebreakers rewards werent 5k 6 star shards but 2.5k 6 star shards and cav gets 10-15k 5 star shards while uc get 5k 5 star shards i would be happy sunce that would seem pretty fair
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★

Gardener said:

Gardener said:

Gardener said:

You got the same amount of five star shards, and t1a. You even get t5b fragments! You don’t need those! What the heck!
    THATS ALMOST AS GOOD AS OURS! 2 ENERGY REFILLS TOO
    YUP, the big difference for me is day 6, i have no T2A
    T2A will be pretty easy to get after cav. But T1A on the other hand.
    dont get whats up with T1A i'm ligit selling mine

r5 is 6 t1a, and so does r4 and r3 is 5so when your cav, you get a lot of T2a so you have to rank up champs before they expire
    Ahhhh okay so i should keep them
  • BiggusOmegaBiggusOmega Posts: 43
    edited December 2020

I expect this will be their response, similar to that of Cyber Weekend. Wonder how many of us will get warned this time? Come on Kabam give us reason to love you again.
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    the thing is, TB players should be rewarded 100%. im not against the great rewards they get. but Cav players should not be treated the same as UC. it is a different level of the game from UC to Cav. and there are hight end Cav players who cant get TB due to bad luck. well fair enough. but you cant honestly expect 5k 5* shards to be any real use to anyoen who is Cav whether having just completed 6.1, partway through 6.2 (like myself) or at the end where the push to TB is real. this calendar does little for us. it does a lot for UC, and TB are loving their rewards but Cavs have been looked at in a similar fashion to the prior.
    a better idea for the Cav calendar would have been
    1st day 15k 5* shards (a featured crystal so we can hunt for those rarer 5* champs), and the value is nowhere close to the TB 5k 6* shards so there should be no complaint there
    a mixture of T2A and T5B throughout the calendar and volume of 5* generic sig stones.
    if this is what it would have looked like there would be few complaints, UC would be happy with theirs, Cav would be happy and TB of course would be happy.
    you cant just forget a very large proprtion of your gamebase just because you have anew toy to play with. all it does is build frustration and i know that the folks at kabam knew this and went ahead with it anyway. which is the most disappointing part especially after all the great stuff theyve done since june.
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    HI_guys said:

ILLUSION8 said:

the thing is, TB players should be rewarded 100%. im not against the great rewards they get. but Cav players should not be treated the same as UC. it is a different level of the game from UC to Cav. and there are hight end Cav players who cant get TB due to bad luck. well fair enough. but you cant honestly expect 5k 5* shards to be any real use to anyoen who is Cav whether having just completed 6.1, partway through 6.2 (like myself) or at the end where the push to TB is real. this calendar does little for us. it does a lot for UC, and TB are loving their rewards but Cavs have been looked at in a similar fashion to the prior.
    a better idea for the Cav calendar would have been
    1st day 15k 5* shards (a featured crystal so we can hunt for those rarer 5* champs), and the value is nowhere close to the TB 5k 6* shards so there should be no complaint there
    a mixture of T2A and T5B throughout the calendar and volume of 5* generic sig stones.
    if this is what it would have looked like there would be few complaints, UC would be happy with theirs, Cav would be happy and TB of course would be happy.
    you cant just forget a very large proprtion of your gamebase just because you have anew toy to play with. all it does is build frustration and i know that the folks at kabam knew this and went ahead with it anyway. which is the most disappointing part especially after all the great stuff theyve done since june.

I agree with the don't group UC and Cav but saying 5k 5* shards useless is downright lie. I'm Thronebreaker and I'll still take any 5* shards I get
    5k 5* shards isnt useless. but in the great scheme of things it isnt hard for a Cav player to get 5k 5* shards. the point im making is that that amount doesnt even allow us a full crystal. and in addition it is the same volume as UC. a progression difference needs to be seen. no rewards is ever useless, but 5k 5* shards is fairly insulting for a Cav player, whilst there is a scope for so much more. im seriously worried about the christmas gift and also that they might make the greater gifting crystals progression based. would completelyn ruin all the good work theyve done since june for me. and all for nothing other than money
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    I am saying it again that if people think after watching some youtubers and running their alternate account and have grinded good on their skill,that uncollected players can become cavalier like a cake walk then they are forgetting the all those players who are just new to the game.They do have to improve their skill to achieve any title in the game and especially cavalier.
    Definitely,progression is lot more faster than it used to be due to more availability of resources but it doesn't mean that uncollected are same as cavaliers.They just forget their starting days or being
    proud of their achievements of Thronebreaker and forget their effort they made to get that Title and also forget that before this title they were cavaliers.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★

We all got shafted. I'm UC and my rewards suck, except for the 5* shards at the beginning.

That’s ****

I want that t1a
    Oh. I didn't kniw T1A was rare.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

We all got shafted. I'm UC and my rewards suck, except for the 5* shards at the beginning.

That’s ****

I want that t1a
    Oh. I didn't kniw T1A was rare.
    UC get a lot of T1A compared to what they actually need to use tbh. I was selling it as UC, now it's the one cat I never have.
  • Sungj said:

7714dtl said:

The average cavalier player? Do you even grasp how many cavalier players are being held up from TB just on the basis of that stupid rank up requirement. I have around 30 R5 5*s. 6 r2 6*s. I have over 30k t5cc shards in 4 different classes. I have completed act 6. On the verge of finishing exploration of 6.1 I will do 7.1 here soon too. I am sitting on 40 t2as and 10 t5bs. Just don't have the endurance for that Abyss grind.

It is not skill or roster that is separating a whole lot more Cavalier then your giving credit for from TB. Just that rank up requirement. And 5k 5* shards doesn't do jack for it

So you don't have the skill for an Abyss grind but its not a skill requirement stopping you from becoming TB?
    lmao "skill". Ive 100% abyss. Skill plays little part endurance is more. SKill reduces the units spent, the time is what turns off a lot of players.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    I recall you got Cavalier a while ago. Have you stopped working on your 5* roster?

The average Cavalier player hasn't fully explored Act 6 and is just parked until they can get a lucky pull to become Thronebreaker. The average Cavalier player is probably still working through Act 6. And Act 6 still has some roster checks in it, although they've been reduced somewhat. Both 5* champs and 6* champs work in Act 6, but 5* champs are easier to rank up, easier to awaken, and easier to sig up. So while the people who complain about rewards disproportionately reach for the highest possible rewards, I'm not convinced that a 6* champ helps them more than a 5* champ. And we aren't talking about swapping a 5* champ for a 6* champ either: we're almost certainly talking about the difference between 5k 5* shards and some much lower quantity of 6* shards, something between 1k and 2.5k. Let's say 2.5k. In this case, the difference in value is about two to one. Saying 2.5k 6* shards is worth more than 5k 5* shards is tantamount to saying one 6* champ is worth more than two 5* champs.

For me, it would be. But that's because I have almost all of the 5* champs. For a progressing player still working through Act 6, I doubt it. For the highest Cavaliers, probably. For the mid tier and lower Cavs, probably not.

@DNA3000 usually I can agree with most of what you say but I disagree with this..
    I'd say I'm low Cavalier (very low Cavalier)

(Quick flex lol) but take a look at that pic who's my highest champ? That's a r1 level 1 6* and the others are r2 5*s to get them to r2 has cost me gold, iso, 5x t1a, 3x t3c, 2x t4b each.. but the 6* is still higher if I leveled the 6* it would cost me nothing but gold and iso at max level the 6* would be equivalent to a unwakened r4 5* so to say the 5* is more valuable to a low cav player is nonsense when considering the other resources needed to get them to r4 I'd have been a lot happier with 2.5k 6* shards or even 2k 6* instead of the 5k 5* shards as a 6* is useful straight out of the box..
    (Not sure what happened to my comment Quoting went insane)
    HI_guys said:

IOSJasoN said:

I recall you got Cavalier a while ago. Have you stopped working on your 5* roster?

The average Cavalier player hasn't fully explored Act 6 and is just parked until they can get a lucky pull to become Thronebreaker. The average Cavalier player is probably still working through Act 6. And Act 6 still has some roster checks in it, although they've been reduced somewhat. Both 5* champs and 6* champs work in Act 6, but 5* champs are easier to rank up, easier to awaken, and easier to sig up. So while the people who complain about rewards disproportionately reach for the highest possible rewards, I'm not convinced that a 6* champ helps them more than a 5* champ. And we aren't talking about swapping a 5* champ for a 6* champ either: we're almost certainly talking about the difference between 5k 5* shards and some much lower quantity of 6* shards, something between 1k and 2.5k. Let's say 2.5k. In this case, the difference in value is about two to one. Saying 2.5k 6* shards is worth more than 5k 5* shards is tantamount to saying one 6* champ is worth more than two 5* champs.

For me, it would be. But that's because I have almost all of the 5* champs. For a progressing player still working through Act 6, I doubt it. For the highest Cavaliers, probably. For the mid tier and lower Cavs, probably not.

@DNA3000 usually I can agree with most of what you say but I disagree with this..

(Quick flex lol) but take a look at that pic who's my highest champ? That's a r1 level 1 6* and the others are r2 5*s to get them to r2 has cost me gold, iso, 5x t1a, 3x t3c, 2x t4b each.. but the 6* is still higher if I leveled the 6* it would cost me nothing but gold and iso at max level the 6* would be equivalent to a unwakened r4 5* so to say the 5* is more valuable to a low cav player is nonsense when considering the other resources needed to get them to r4 I'd have been a lot happier with 2.5k 6* shards or even 2k 6* instead of the 5k 5* shards as a 6* is useful straight out of the box..

That is you being extremely picky. And being unintelligent. 5k shards are lot easier to farm. Even if they gave you 5k 6* shards you'll be able to form more crystals . Just look at the rosters of people who have 20 6* and none that is good usable in act6 .you want ISO? 5* crystals and 4* shards are your friend. Leveling up a 6* requires a mental amount of iso and gold.

You aren't disagreeing with dna because you k ow what's good for you. You're being deusional that the 6* s will do good for you. There are 5*s at r3 that can hit harder than 6* r1s
    Did I say I want iso? Did I say I wanted to level the champs this is an ac I'm having some fun on..
    Part of a how low can you go game with some gaming buddies.. i have been playing the game since very close to its release.. I'm disagreeing with DNA as to say 5k 5* shards (that are very easy to pick up in game now) are worth more then a lower amount of 6* shards.. The only unintelligent and delusional one here appears to be you my friend..
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    IOSJasoN said:

Your first cavalier account screenshot looks very sus. Unless unit man was involved heavily.
  • jaydubjaydub Posts: 41
    Cavalier and uncollected aren't the same, they are for day 1 but day 2 for UC is energy refills, day 2 for Cavalier is signature stones.

IOSJasoN said:

Your first cavalier account screenshot looks very sus. Unless unit man was involved heavily.
    No i learnt along time ago unit man is too high maintenance to have around lol.. This is my 6th ac I wasn't going to keep playing it but I've had too much luck with the champs pulled got no choice but to carry it on now..
    This ac has been reported countless times I hang around global in free time helping newer players as best I can..
    Which one looks sus the uc pic? Or cav pic? both pics are the same ac just at different milestones..
    Kabam gave out compo a few months back used the boosts from it.. charged cmm dead nick on team 15% attack 25% health 30% attack and health boosts 4 single revives and the collector was down (should have been 3 but he went unstoppable as I intercepted him didn't end well for me lol) as for cav run that duped Ægon did most of the heavy lifting just got to hold a combo (and be sure to have banked over 100 hits before going against dot champs)
  • IOSJasoN said:

When we talk about comparing 5* champs to 6* champs and which ones would be more useful to a player of a certain progress level, we're normally talking about the relative leveling costs of each. But your profile suggests your account is full of almost completely unleveled champs. You're basically not leveling anything, so of course a 6* champ that you are spending nothing to level is going to be better than a 5* champ that you are spending nothing to level.

Maybe that's something you can get away with if you're a veteran player piloting an alt account. But for most Cavalier players playing their first play-through, the presumption is that things like rank up costs, awakening difficulty, and for many champs signature levels are all part of the equation. Moreover, just the sheer number of pulls matters. Both 5* and 6* champs will get you through Act 6, but for most players many paths require strong roster counters. This means you have to open enough champion crystals to increase the odds of getting sufficiently strong counters to various paths. More 5* champs is better than fewer 6* champs in that case, because you're increasing the odds of getting more different champs that can cover a wider set of fights.

So as I said, it isn't just a question of whether a 6* champ is better than a 5* champ, because that's not the trade being discussed. The question is whether much fewer 6* shards is better than much more 5* shards, and for the mid to lower Cav players their roster is probably not super wide yet, and having more champs period of the 5*/6* tier is better in general. Having fewer high rarity champs is only better than having more lower rarity champs when you literally no longer have a progressional need for any of those lower tier champs. But if you're looking for one of a specific set of champs to do a specific path in Act 6, having more shots at that champ is going to help your progress more.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Yeah 77k getting Cavalier sounds more like a situation of other things. Either the content is too easy, access to OP Champs is too high, it's an Alt (which has very little to do with the natural rate of progression), or questionable factors. Not to imply anything.
    TL:DR - Hitting Cav that quickly shouldn't be a thing IMO.
    @GroundedWisdom I already stated "this is my 6th ac" I get bored and start a new one to keep me entertained.. Underdog fights keep me going (example; When loads of players was complaining about the mephisto in boss rush way back I took him down with a r3 3* Rulk to show it could be done) Tbh you're living in the past buddy champs nowadays are nothing like the basic stuff we used to have.. Give it a try start a new ac and you'll get it things that used to be very difficult is very easy to pass with updated champs..