**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 7 critical assessment after doing it 100%.

BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Okay, I am emotionally ready to get all dislikes for this post here but still wanted to share my perspective of act 7 after doing it 100% yesterday.

The content is definitely fun most of the time but I had a feeling that I was doing Variant content rather than newest act content that historically speaking always was challenging for end-game players. This was not at all, for people that done initial act 6 100% before nerfs this act 7 is a joke difficulty wise.

I understand why most of the people could like this kind of content more, but if Kabam plans to make Act content like Variants then they have to release something else for players that prefer to be challenged like it was initial act 6.2...If the game becomes only fun and not challenging, many will lose interest at some point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgXj2YdDKc8

Comments

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

This is just chapter 1. Wait for chapter 2. Take a look at act 6 and you might find out where it all started going wrong.....

These takes are the worst. You're not comparing 6.1 and 7.1, you compare 5.4 to 6.1 and 6.4 to 7.1. 6.1 was comparable difficulty to 5.4, 6.4 is significantly more difficult than 7.1.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    I have r3's and I can say it's fun but not challenging, Hope 7.2 will be challenging
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Don't worry summer of Pain or Spring of Pain will coming soon and that's something the "END GAME" players can Whale out and challenge them self with, i think story modes should be fun and interactive, im ok with LOL and Abbys being difficult because those content is not for everyone.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    ok and ill add 90 % of people that did Act 6 100% including myself hated it we did it for the resources but other that the collector fight in Act 6.4 it was just a horrible design with many pain point, if you ask me i would rather Variant be hard but a story should be fun and interactive.
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Smitty said:

Book 2 is a “joke” difficulty wise if you have skill and a very mature roster.

Don’t forget there are other players who don’t have a diverse roster or R3s.

I’ve only done completion and a few more paths but so far it doesn’t need that much skill or mature roster, and definitely not r3 champs. Some path have even been pretty much explicitly designed so they could
    be done with anyone, pleasure to burn path in 711 or brute force in 714 for instance. I definitely won’t do itemless exploration (just like I haven’t done itemless completion), but it’s so far the easiest story content I’ve faced since I’ve finished act3 (considering my roster when first reaching 456).

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

A lot of subjective things have been said in the thread.

I will just comment on one objective thing. Top of top level content was easily cleared within a day of its launch by anyone in a platinum level alliance. There will always be freak who clear everything really quickly but 7.1 was cleared by very average rosters in a day and will be explored by this weekend by a lot of people. That says a lot.

They still have to find a balance. It might have been easy, but I don't think 'anyone' in a Plat alliance cleared it on the first day. Also, I don't understand the rosters part. Content shouldn't be tuned to having specific champs. I'm not saying that higher level content should be easy, but it should be fun. Content should have people disinterested in completing it. They will find a balance to make content both hard and fun.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

Haji_Saab said:

I will just comment on one objective thing. Top of top level content was easily cleared within a day of its launch by anyone in a platinum level alliance. There will always be freak who clear everything really quickly but 7.1 was cleared by very average rosters in a day and will be explored by this weekend by a lot of people. That says a lot.

They still have to find a balance. It might have been easy, but I don't think 'anyone' in a Plat alliance cleared it on the first day. Also, I don't understand the rosters part. Content shouldn't be tuned to having specific champs. I'm not saying that higher level content should be easy, but it should be fun. Content should have people disinterested in completing it. They will find a balance to make content both hard and fun.
    I’ve never played past gold 1 level and found an initial run to be incredibly easy. Could’ve gone itemless but I wasn’t boosting, played poorly at times and I have revived expiring anyways.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

I’ve never played past gold 1 level and found an initial run to be incredibly easy. Could’ve gone itemless but I wasn’t boosting, played poorly at times and I have revived expiring anyways.
    I'm not saying that people haven't done it. I'm saying that you can't generalize. I didn't do it since I'm doing other content, just saying that they are still at a stage where they're finding a balance between fun and hard content. It will improve. But there is no point in making Story content that people don't want to do. Act 6 with it's initial difficulty wasn't worth the rewards. So people weren't doing it.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    BeroMan said:

Okay, I am emotionally ready to get all dislikes for this post here but still wanted to share my perspective of act 7 after doing it 100% yesterday.

The content is definitely fun most of the time but I had a feeling that I was doing Variant content rather than newest act content that historically speaking always was challenging for end-game players. This was not at all, for people that done initial act 6 100% before nerfs this act 7 is a joke difficulty wise.

I understand why most of the people could like this kind of content more, but if Kabam plans to make Act content like Variants then they have to release something else for players that prefer to be challenged like it was initial act 6.2...If the game becomes only fun and not challenging, many will lose interest at some point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgXj2YdDKc8

amen bro !!!
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    What is the counter to this path?

If damage is done through healing to the defender and the defender also has Spectre (reverse the healing) how do you do any real damage? Do passive versions of healing work? Just not sure. Any insight would be awesome
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Yep. Whether or not that's a good thing is subjective but as others have said it felt like basically another Variant. Even I've never fully explored a new story chapter within 24hrs of it dropping until this one and it was done with basically zero prep/scouting/planning.

We'll all get used to it at some point. Legend runs are gonna be insanely tight windows going forward I have a feeling though
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    BeroMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

Not everybody has teams and alternate teams of rank 3 6*s like you probably do.

That's true. That's why I am saying that there must be some content where even best rosters will be challenged, otherwise, it would feel like we finished this game and it's time to retire.
    I agree , it wont be no point in getting higher rank champs ie 6* R4... R3's are overkill ..
  • What is the counter to this path?

If damage is done through healing to the defender and the defender also has Spectre (reverse the healing) how do you do any real damage? Do passive versions of healing work? Just not sure. Any insight would be awesome

Just wait for spectre to go on cooldown.
  • SkkcSkkc Posts: 110
    Completion should be easy. Exploration should be lot more challenging
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    mate i get you but it's 7.1 chapter 1 is always easy anyway
    the previous act ( i did it in nightmare mode ) was abused tough

the attk rating do interact badly with most of the nodes in a crazy way now this is not the case if you use ghost/quake but that's not actual gameplay

problem is that health pools/ attk should always keep in line with attakers means there should be some max point they don't pass

let's say for a content designed for R3 6* Which attk is in 3000-3500 range defenders should not go over 5x the attk since the attacker healthpool is a joke when it comes to attack a 20k attk defender will smack you up by blocking

Mesurements should be kept

parry should not exceed 1% of your health at all times
    cowardly damages like limbos ... should be kept at the original attk value

Anyway i think they should start designing questes for big rosters rather than one or two champions and as long as they are going i think its fine

also i reckon the bad compensation for the act6 i won't even bother approaching another content like the way i did and i'm a very hardcore player