**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Winner of the 2021 Summoner's choice champion vote

Comments

• Options
    Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

Hoodie25 said:

Unio77 said:

The better champ won in the end.
    Now we have an excuse to ask for Zeus and other gods.

You’re entitled to your wrong opinion...but just imagine voting for yet another lackluster ramp-up champ
    You’re entitled to your wrong opinion...but just imagine voting for yet another punisher2099
    Punisher 2099 > both terrax and air-walker combined
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

Terrax 2.0 confirmed boys, let's get that hype! 😈

Please tell me where it was confirmed???

There's no proof suggesting that Hercules will turn out like Terrax. Everything currently is just assumptions.
    Lol stooping so low as to spread false info just cause your vote never won.

At least be salty with class.
    there’s no proof he’s gonna be good either
    There's no proof OS will be any better either.
    Utility > ramp up
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    At least he comes in the summer. They were telling us late end of 2021 lol.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★

Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

There's no proof suggesting that Hercules will turn out like Terrax. Everything currently is just assumptions.

There's no proof OS will be any better either.
    Utility > ramp up
    Who knows maybe that ramp up will provide him with utility.
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    I'm not mad, I'm disappointed. 😔
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Meebleton said:

Congrats Hercules voters!

But Hercules was who the people wanted so that's who we should get.

Let's just hope he's good, for everyone's sake.

This is the only correct opinion. We can't change it now but we can cross our fingies he will be good
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Hoodie25 said:

HI_guys said:

Hoodie25 said:

Unio77 said:

You’re entitled to your wrong opinion...but just imagine voting for yet another lackluster ramp-up champ
    You’re entitled to your wrong opinion...but just imagine voting for yet another punisher2099
    Punisher 2099 > both terrax and air-walker combined
    Punisher 2099 < Cull Obsidian, Proxima
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

Lots of salty people around here.
    Everyone saying that Hercules could have turned out like Terrax or Air walker but the same argument could be made against OS.

Come back when you can actually provide non hypocritical reasons as to why OS was the better choice.

we have but your eyes are taped closed with the idea of some guy with muscles

the only information we have is that hercules will have cosmic ramp up abilities. so that could be damage and utility or literally anything, but from the way they worded it and the hints they dropped, he will be damage focused.

Now, what do we have for omega sentinel? hers was a bit more fleshed out and she is clearly an adaptive utility focused champ that will use nanotech .and whatever. that hints that she would be pretty versatile and work in different bc thats how utility champs tend to work, and nanobots give a lot of technological/creative freedom.

Now, for some extra info, some cosmic ramp up champs they have released this year: terrax and air walker. Now, it's definitely not fair to say herc will be like them, but that's exactly how they were described too. Now, maybe it's because kabam doesn't want another aegon, or they just suck at creating these types of champs, or it could just be for game balance, all of which I think are reasonable.

Now let's look at class. Cosmic vs. tech. I'd say both are bottom half of the classes, and I'd say it's pretty split between which class is worse. We have coruvs, hype, cmm, cgr, and to an extent, venom. For tech, we have ghost, g2099, warlock and some other lesser champs similar to venom, so I don't think it's worth arguing over which class is stronger.

So in the end we have Hercules: cosmic, damage focused, and could be like terrax or air walker, but could be totally different. OS: tech, utility focused with not many champs that sound like her currently existing. It's still your opinion, but I'd take OS any day. @Unio77
    You make good points thicc boi.
    But I see this as an opportunity for kabam to make a character that can also be used in the abyss.
    Look at Ægon. If you don't want to spend lots of units in the abyss with exploration then Ægin will save you tons. Example look at BG. The guy doesn't even want to touch exploration without Ægon cause of how pricey it is to explore.

This could provide an opportunity to introduce a character who rivals Ægon who can be used as a substitute on par to Ægon if you don't have that Ægon option.

OS "as kabam made it to sounds" was gonna be a utility champs. Evidence. She is tech. Tech literally represents utility.
    What is one more character with utility gonna do, unless she has some new kind of unique ability that counters something no other character can. You want utility use the tens of other champs who have.

Same argument can be made for Hercules. He may just seem like damage and little utility but kabam can add something unique only to him.
    All your points can be used against you in saying that Omega Sentinel could also have mechanics unique to her.

Hercules won, Omega Sentinel lost. There's not much more to it. All we can do now is wait and see how Heracles (in Greek mythology, Hercules' real name is actually Heracles ) turns out, no point in making claims that have pretty much no bases.
  • Options
    Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    Unio77 said:

Hoodie25 said:

Unio77 said:

You see the future or something?
    There's no proof suggesting he will be lackluster.

I don't see ppl complaining about Proffesor X and Apocalypse being ramp up champs. So reciprocate that for Hercules.

Smh we haven't even seen the guy in action.
    Seeing as how I have a six star rank rank 2 professor x (looks around smugly) I feel qualified to talk about that first claim (I have no experience with apocalypse tho so I’ll stay out of that one). Professor X is not what I would call a full-fledged ramp up champion: he’s more of a hybrid. Does his damage increase significantly in later fights? Yes. However, he is far from a noodle even in the first fight that you bring him into. Given that you throw a few more special attacks than in your later fights, prof x can unleash some insane numbers right out of the gate. This is in contrast to a champ like air-walker, who is incapable of putting up solid numbers until he’s won, what is it, two fights? Now, to be fair, Hercules could turn out to be more of a professor x type of ramp up than an air-walker type of ramp up. But given his class, and given the description that we were provided during the voting period, I think that the latter is more likely.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

Everyone saying that Hercules could have turned out like Terrax or Air walker but the same argument could be made against OS.

Come back when you can actually provide non hypocritical reasons as to why OS was the better choice.

the only information we have is that hercules will have cosmic ramp up abilities. so that could be damage and utility or literally anything, but from the way they worded it and the hints they dropped, he will be damage focused.

Now, what do we have for omega sentinel? hers was a bit more fleshed out and she is clearly an adaptive utility focused champ that will use nanotech .and whatever. that hints that she would be pretty versatile and work in different bc thats how utility champs tend to work, and nanobots give a lot of technological/creative freedom.

Now, for some extra info, some cosmic ramp up champs they have released this year: terrax and air walker. Now, it's definitely not fair to say herc will be like them, but that's exactly how they were described too. Now, maybe it's because kabam doesn't want another aegon, or they just suck at creating these types of champs, or it could just be for game balance, all of which I think are reasonable.

Now let's look at class. Cosmic vs. tech. I'd say both are bottom half of the classes, and I'd say it's pretty split between which class is worse. We have coruvs, hype, cmm, cgr, and to an extent, venom. For tech, we have ghost, g2099, warlock and some other lesser champs similar to venom, so I don't think it's worth arguing over which class is stronger.

So in the end we have Hercules: cosmic, damage focused, and could be like terrax or air walker, but could be totally different. OS: tech, utility focused with not many champs that sound like her currently existing. It's still your opinion, but I'd take OS any day. @Unio77
    But I see this as an opportunity for kabam to make a character that can also be used in the abyss.
    Look at Ægon. If you don't want to spend lots of units in the abyss with exploration then Ægin will save you tons. Example look at BG. The guy doesn't even want to touch exploration without Ægon cause of how pricey it is to explore.

This could provide an opportunity to introduce a character who rivals Ægon who can be used as a substitute on par to Ægon if you don't have that Ægon option.

OS "as kabam made it to sounds" was gonna be a utility champs. Evidence. She is tech. Tech literally represents utility.
    What is one more character with utility gonna do, unless she has some new kind of unique ability that counters something no other character can. You want utility use the tens of other champs who have.

Same argument can be made for Hercules. He may just seem like damage and little utility but kabam can add something unique only to him.
    All your points can be used against you in saying that Omega Sentinel could also have mechanics unique to her.

Hercules won, Omega Sentinel lost. There's not much more to it. All we can do now is wait and see how Heracles (in Greek mythology, Hercules' real name is actually Heracles ) turns out, no point in making claims that have pretty much no bases.
    This isn't Greek mythology. In Marvel Comics, he is Hercules.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Remember, they did say eventually all of them would make it in game. Hercules will just be the first one.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

This isn't Greek mythology. In Marvel Comics, he is Hercules.
    I know, that's why I specified Greek mythology. Just a little fun fact, that's all.
  • Options
    kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★

It could also be Airwalker 3.0 mate
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

I think that part saying os is just gonna be "another character with utility" and saying herc could be an aegon is unfair. You say that like utility isn't useful, yet as the game has progressed, new nodes/challenges/design have came about. As that has happened, champion depth and abilities have greatly become more wide and expansive. What does "another character with utility" even mean? Can i say hercules would be just another character like aegon? Now, you could say there is only one aegon and many people with utility, and that is undoubtedly true. However, my point is that you can't generalize utility and say she'll be another utility champ. That's like saying aegon is another damage champ. Why have him when we have cgr? or col? or whoever else? My point is, utility and aegon-like qualities aren't the same classification level, and there's loads of evidence that os could have new stuff. Look at warlock and g2099, who most would say are the second and third best, not respectively, which is the key. They both are incredibly unique champs with different uses, yet you could say both have utility, so why use one when you have the other?
  • Options
    Tiger360 said:

Unio77 said:

So why are people saying OS will be the far better character and Hercules will be a boring ramp up character? Does it not apply when talking about the champ you voted for?
    I don't think its completely fair to say that, but there is precedence of cosmic ramp up champs being d u d s
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 491 ★★★
    Oh wow. Cool. I was really pushing for Omega Sentinel, but to be fair, Herc could be a really cool addition as well. It's likely that KABAM will do well with his design since he is the first ever "fan vote" winner. Good news for the O.S. fans is that she'll eventually be added. Considering that newer champs tend to be be pretty good, we at least know we have an eventual champ that we can look forward to. Congrats to all the Hercules supporters. You all ran a good campaign. B)
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

It could also be Airwalker 3.0 mate
    Air walker 3.0 is a big W imo
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Herc was my #3 choice, so I'm happy. OS was my 4th.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Seriously. Why did people want Hercules?

1.Boring concept. Skill-like cosmic champ who ramps up? Just give us a skill champ
    (Compared to adaptive whatever that Omega sentinel had which is clearly meant to have utility. Also mentioned damage)

2.Annoying looking playstyle - mentioned not blocking and intercepting. That's annoying to do every fight

3. Boring design. I always thought Hercules was the laziest marvel design of all. Hyperion at least has a belt. Hercules looks super lazy with his just shirt off.

The only reason people voted for him I'm guessing is name drop, the fact that he's based on a character from a popular mythology. If he was Skill, get it. But he's cosmic. He won't be good since we already got CGR and Kabam takes millions of years to make BGTs. We're doomed.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    Did Kabam make any statements regarding what happens to runner-ups? Will they show up at some point (if Marvel makes movies about them), or will they only pop up again in Champion votes?
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

True but we would have at least a new tech since we only got one out of 2020 while we got 5 cosmics in 2020.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Hoodie25 said:

Unio77 said:

Amen
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’m not going to waste my breathe telling you all why Hercules is going to be a bad champion but that’s really upsetting that he won
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

I’m not going to waste my breathe telling you all why Hercules is going to be a bad champion but that’s really upsetting that he won

Completely agree and it’s time to wait for the fire when Hercules votes see if he’s bad.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    It was inevitable.
  • Options
    Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    I am not much excited for any god as my Thunder god is still weaker than Nick Fury.