**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Red Hulk No Longer Purifies Debuffs (Poison/Incinerate)?

Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
So I've noticed that Red Hulk no longer purifies Incinerate or Poisons. Instead, he removes them, but instead of showing that he has Purified the debuffs, shown in the first image, the text reads that he is Immune to them.

Figure 1: Red Hulk Purifies a Poison debuff after one is inflicted

Figure 2: Red Hulk removes a Poison debuff after one is inflicted, but does not Purify it

Now Red Hulk's abilities do not explicitly state that he Purifies Incinerates and Poisons, just that he Removes them, however, if he was immune to those debuffs (which he isn't, since opponents can still inflict those debuffs), wouldn't BWCV gain charges when inflicting Red Hulk with Poison?

I'm guessing that this is just a bug, but it's an annoying one, especially because it eliminates Sunspot as a counter to Red Hulk, especially as a boss in 7.1.3.

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    HI_guys said:

It's just a text issue to prevent people from thinking Apocalypse should be able to prevent this. It's a part of the kit that he CAN do. Just like how IMIW repulsor cannot be evaded

But that renders Sunspot (a previous counter) useless against him since RHulk doesn't Purify the debuffs anymore.
    HI_guys said:

I don't think it will be an issue. This removal is how mighty charge works and form the seatin stream he was still gaining charges and so yes redhulk will work with sunspot

I've tested it with Sunspot, and I can confirm that Sunspot is no longer a viable option due to this issue.
    Haji_Saab said:

HI_guys said:

I don't think it will be an issue. This removal is how mighty charge works and form the seatin stream he was still gaining charges and so yes redhulk will work with sunspot

I've tested it with Sunspot, and I can confirm that Sunspot is no longer a viable option due to this issue.
    I noticed it too. He used to destroy Rulk but struggle now
    Yeah, I was going to use him for the 7.1.3 RHulk, but got demolished immediately.
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    Same here. I was very unpleasantly surprised to see that wasn’t working. It wasn’t too bad taking him down, but he was one of my favorite fights with Sunspot.
    edited December 2020
    HI_guys said:

Long time standing bug

Not really, it could be a month old at most.
    HI_guys said:

Yup. In the new update his info page as well as function was updated. I thought only info was updated.

This must be to prevent future interaction that might prevent this. I will.miss seeing the poison and Incinertaed appear and disappear

Ye idk why they changed it.
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Long time standing bug

Not really, it could be a month old at most.
    Red hulk has been updated for ages. And I'm sure sunspot was released last year
    Sunspot had still worked a few weeks ago for the EQ RHulk.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 450 ★★★
    How does this interact with masacre? He used to not apply the extra energy damage from incinerate immunity. Rulk was my go to option against masacre on any sort of incinerate applying node. Checking if that’s still viable

How does this interact with masacre? He used to not apply the extra energy damage from incinerate immunity. Rulk was my go to option against masacre on any sort of incinerate applying node. Checking if that’s still viable

RHulk isn't taking the extra damage because he's not Immune. He still removes the Debuff but it just reads "Immune" instead of "Purified"
    Okay, I just read the release notes for v29.1. I just don't really understand why they would change it.