**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New arena points clarified [Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    So are the 2*'s not giving more points per round like in previous years?
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Voltolos said:

FineDog said:

Respectfully, I understand that we aren’t entitled to a bunch of 5 and 6 star shards and while I would certainly like them, I’m okay with just not getting them. But you could not pay me actual money to grind out 7 million points for the two arenas at 5,000 points per fight in one week.

1400 fights. Almost 500 rounds. People are just not going to do this. You might as well have just not done this at all and saved yourself the backlash.

See my comment above
    Voltolos said:

FineDog said:

Respectfully, I understand that we aren’t entitled to a bunch of 5 and 6 star shards and while I would certainly like them, I’m okay with just not getting them. But you could not pay me actual money to grind out 7 million points for the two arenas at 5,000 points per fight in one week.

1400 fights. Almost 500 rounds. People are just not going to do this. You might as well have just not done this at all and saved yourself the backlash.

See my comment above
    I had the point total wrong but it’s still about 1,000 fights. If each fight takes about half a minute you’re looking at about an hour of grinding every day.

• Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    That’s over 1000 fights...
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    FineDog said:

Voltolos said:

FineDog said:

See my comment above
    Voltolos said:

FineDog said:

See my comment above
    I had the point total wrong but it’s still about 1,000 fights. If each fight takes about half a minute you’re looking at about an hour of grinding every day.

Still wrong 1000 gives you about 5.7 million points
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Excuse me, I have to make time for this. Maybe if I get rid of half of sleep and dinner time daily?

me too...do you think my work would understand if i said i need 1 week off because i need some shiny 2* crystals?
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I'm getting closer to 6K per champ so the total rounds is closer to 200. I get that 200 rounds over a whole week is not unreasonable for a grinder .. but there are 9 other active arenas at the same time. Aren't we supposed to be at least dipping into those as well?
  • CrasyduckCrasyduck Posts: 143 ★★
    On the bright side just imagine how many units you'll get from all that grinding.

But seriously please up the point values...
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I'm waiting for the disagree train to crush me, but it's not that bad.

4,000,000 points at call it 5,000 points/fight (I'm calling that an average...my higher PI 2* are getting closer to 5,700 with the 3x multiplier).

That's 800 fights divided by 3 fights/series puts you at 267, so let's call it 270 total for the early series on the way to the 3x multiplier.

The arena runs for 7 days, so that's roughly 39 series/day.

If maintenance would stop, you could do that in a couple hours.

I'll grant you that it's probably difficult to reach all the milestones in all the arenas, but choose where to prioritize. I'm personally going for the 6* shards first, and I can't think of another piece of content in the game, EVER, that has yielded 5,000 6* shards for no money spent, and an investment of just a couple hours a day.
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 287 ★★★

SWORD78 said:

You know, I think my reaction to those numbers might be the name of the arena.

F***ing hell.

I mean seriously, I’m an arena grinder, hard arena grinder, but this is ridiculous. It’s just not feasible

Lmao this is low key easy

If you are a TRUE Arena Grinder you really wouldn’t be saying that
    No. It’s really not. I hit all the milestones in the 4* basic, featured and 5* featured, plus the catalyst arenas. I maybe do 200 rounds per round overall.

This is 1.5x that. In two arenas. On top of all the other content they are pouring out. And the regular arenas. And incursions. And AW and AQ
    Exactly. I grinded the arena for Cosmic Ghost Rider Featured and still "only" did 400+ Arena Fights in a Row.

And I didn't do arena for 2 weeks because that was horrible and even though I felt it was worth it, there was no new content and it was the end of the month when I did it. But man, that drained my soul.
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100
    edited December 2020
    Kabam raises points, there is a lot of content that came out this month, the arena is short on time and there is still content to complete, secundary missions, book 2 act 1 and there is still variant 6
    Can we get an answer and not just an edit of the title and original post please?

Even if it's just you are looking into it I'd say it would stop the panic and people upset or disappointed until something concrete can come from it. @Kabam Miike @kabam boo
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Excuse me, I have to make time for this. Maybe if I get rid of half of sleep and dinner time daily?

me too...do you think my work would understand if i said i need 1 week off because i need some shiny 2* crystals?
    I'm sure it will be fine. I'll just ignore my midterms to get the last 1,000 shards as well. I'm sure it will be fine if I just say "I had to get some rare 2*s instead of passing."
  • kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★
    This is like getting to the moon on a moped. On paper it looks feasible, and all great. I don't even see the practicality of this.
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★

Can we get an answer and not just an edit of the title and original post please?

Even if it's just you are looking into it I'd say it would stop the panic and people upset or disappointed until something concrete can come from it. @Kabam Miike @kabam boo

They did answer in a different post I think. Its the correct amount of points. They just have unreasonably high expectations of grind imo.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Mousias said:

mgj0630 said:

I'm waiting for the disagree train to crush me, but it's not that bad.

4,000,000 points at call it 5,000 points/fight (I'm calling that an average...my higher PI 2* are getting closer to 5,700 with the 3x multiplier).

That's 800 fights divided by 3 fights/series puts you at 267, so let's call it 270 total for the early series on the way to the 3x multiplier.

The arena runs for 7 days, so that's roughly 39 series/day.

If maintenance would stop, you could do that in a couple hours.

I'll grant you that it's probably difficult to reach all the milestones in all the arenas, but choose where to prioritize. I'm personally going for the 6* shards first, and I can't think of another piece of content in the game, EVER, that has yielded 5,000 6* shards for no money spent, and an investment of just a couple hours a day.

Dude, you miss the whole point. That's a celebration event. You shouldn't have to grind an arena like a featured champion, just to get half of a 6 star, in a celebration event, and while everything else in the game still goes on.
    And mind you, there's A LOT going on, with more to come!

They did answer in a different post I think. Its the correct amount of points. They just have unreasonably high expectations of grind imo.
    I may have typed wrong.

I meant could they say that anyone at Kabam is looking to change anything other than their stance it's "working as intended". Either the ability to bring in higher star champs, adjust the points - something because it's a backlash and not a celebration for all right now. It's people being upset.

Sorry. I didn't type it correctly and thank you for spot checking me @Thekiller8967