**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New arena points clarified [Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I understand people have enjoyed free gifts and calenders etc - so yeah it's real sad for an event to come up where you are required to... work for this? I'm offended and want to speak to the manager.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    FineDog said:

phil56201 said:

So I'm at 330k after just hitting the infinite streak. And thats with all the maintenance. Not sure why folks think this is so undoable. We have an entire week to finish. Arena grinding must be a thing of the past with this new player base.

Congrats, you're 8% of the way there mate! Have fun!
    And I got a week to do it. Took me less than an hour to get that much.

• WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★

Is that playing on android? I can get 20 rotations in about and hour on my iPhone with no suicides

Agree, on iPhone it‘s maybe 2,5 min for one rotation. If there‘s no emergency maintenance.

1/2,5 min
    4/10 min
    12/30 min
    24/60 min or full hour
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    Will3808 said:

@Doctorwho13 the milestones should be achievable without taking over our lives for 7 days straight.

Not sure what to tell you man. It is what it is. As someone else has mentioned they’re gifting a lot. This is like top up. Halls of glory. Halls of healing. 3 spider pig quests. And more.

I don’t know any one player - not one - who’s going to do it all.

Essentially they’re giving you the choices and you choose. Even if you only get to 1 million and a few shards, that’s more of an opportunity than most months.

I don’t like lots of things about the running of the game but this particular item in context of everything else truly isn’t that bad.
    You’ve got a very narrow view of this game if that’s what you truthfully believe. All of the content that is put out is supposed to be completable in the amount of time it’s released for. And in the first place this arena is supposed to be a celebration arena for the anniversary but it turned out to be a pain and big waste of time.
    If that’s supposed to convince me it’s not working. Although loosely stated everything I said was factual. You don’t get 3 quests every month. A new book chapter. Gifts and everything else. Halls. Etc. Most people got half a six for free already as a gift for doing nothing. Yeah. No. There’s way more onerous things in this game to complain about.

Tiger360 said:

Hold on a minute your telling me almost 19 hours for not even all the milestones is reasonable? Ooook dood

Your math is so far gone. Will take me maybe 10 hours spread over 7 days to reach it. I'm already in there grinding over the course of 3 days for FAR less rewards than this...
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Will3808 said:

@Doctorwho13 the milestones should be achievable without taking over our lives for 7 days straight.

Not sure what to tell you man. It is what it is. As someone else has mentioned they’re gifting a lot. This is like top up. Halls of glory. Halls of healing. 3 spider pig quests. And more.

I don’t know any one player - not one - who’s going to do it all.

Essentially they’re giving you the choices and you choose. Even if you only get to 1 million and a few shards, that’s more of an opportunity than most months.

I don’t like lots of things about the running of the game but this particular item in context of everything else truly isn’t that bad.
    You’ve got a very narrow view of this game if that’s what you truthfully believe. All of the content that is put out is supposed to be completable in the amount of time it’s released for. And in the first place this arena is supposed to be a celebration arena for the anniversary but it turned out to be a pain and big waste of time.
    There's no requirement that says everything introduced should be completable by any casual player. Sometimes lots of things can be introduced at once so players can choose what they want to spend their time on.

I doubt I'll finish all the milestones, I may but possibly not, and I'm fine grabbing whatever I'm willing to spend enough time to get.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    It’s pretty bad. Especially if you were going for spider ham too. Now I basically have to choose if I want to go for the champ, or grind for the 6* shards. I was gonna pickup the 5* shards too, but no chance now.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

I think this ties in with the piggy bank where you get rewarded each time you complete 80 fights. So you get all the extra rewards on top of it.

Except it’s not free and it costs you £3 each time, and it barely gives you any units so you’d need to buy it at least like 4 times to open a single Cav. Enjoy paying $15 for a 3 star
  • SCHNOOTSCHNOOT Posts: 49
    The bottom line is this is a great event for summoners who frequently grind arena. For the rest of us who have lives outside of the game, it leaves much to be desired.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Will3808 said:

im very confused on this arena thing, so is the arena multiplier supposed to be like the punisher one with 8 mil, and like 250k per match? Im only getting like 4k per match.

It was advertised as being 250k per match but according to Kabam it’s only supposed to be 4K. They ripped us off
    They did not advertise this. You’re thinking of the gold pool arena
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

Odachi said:

I understand people have enjoyed free gifts and calenders etc - so yeah it's real sad for an event to come up where you are required to... work for this? I'm offended and want to speak to the manager.

I feel like the people who are quick to judge those upset about these two arenas not having boosted points for the 1 & 2 stars are missing the point. It's not that they expect it handed to them, it's that these anniversary arenas are/have been a fun source of mindless content that many look forward too.

Currently there is the EQ, Celebrity Challenge, Side Event, Act 7... content designed to challenge and take time.
    AQ is around the corner.
    Halls of Fortune.

Then these arenas, which some people are trying to say "Look, just spend two or three hours a day in arena for the week. Come on. It's not difficult..."

No, it's not difficult, but it's also not easy. People have lives, people are focusing on other content, all of which is also on a timeline and not everyone has more than an hour or so to spend on this game. The anniversary/5-star arenas were always a fun "This doesn't take that long, hope it's a nice reprieve from typical arena grind and a break from other content."
    But now, it's not a break, it's tedious. Yes, people aren't being forced to do it, but to also try and argue that people don't have the right to be disappointed, or to express that disappointment? Acknowledging the fact that this change is unexpected and makes the arena far more tedious than what we've all come to expect doesn't make people lazy, it's simply addressing the fact. People are being overwhelmed and flooded with content, they expected this to be a nice reprieve, it isn't, they're upset. That's valid. Doesn't make them lazy.
    I never said it was easy, or it was difficult or that people are lazy. None of it. I said 'work for it'. Don't want to? Plenty of other things to do - no one is forcing anyone.

This is for arena grinders, those that enjoy mindless hours of arena and the slow drawn out earning of units - let them have this.
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Haji_Saab said:

230 minimum streak needed. That would be like my best streak (254) which I did in the last arena i ran seriously (May 2016 for 4* SW). Hard pass from me. This is stupid

+200 matches for half of a 6* Joe Fix it.
    Where do I sign!!!! Lol

These people have lost all sense of time and reality
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★

Odachi said:

I feel like the people who are quick to judge those upset about these two arenas not having boosted points for the 1 & 2 stars are missing the point. It's not that they expect it handed to them, it's that these anniversary arenas are/have been a fun source of mindless content that many look forward too.

Currently there is the EQ, Celebrity Challenge, Side Event, Act 7... content designed to challenge and take time.
    AQ is around the corner.
    Halls of Fortune.

Then these arenas, which some people are trying to say "Look, just spend two or three hours a day in arena for the week. Come on. It's not difficult..."

No, it's not difficult, but it's also not easy. People have lives, people are focusing on other content, all of which is also on a timeline and not everyone has more than an hour or so to spend on this game. The anniversary/5-star arenas were always a fun "This doesn't take that long, hope it's a nice reprieve from typical arena grind and a break from other content."
    But now, it's not a break, it's tedious. Yes, people aren't being forced to do it, but to also try and argue that people don't have the right to be disappointed, or to express that disappointment? Acknowledging the fact that this change is unexpected and makes the arena far more tedious than what we've all come to expect doesn't make people lazy, it's simply addressing the fact. People are being overwhelmed and flooded with content, they expected this to be a nice reprieve, it isn't, they're upset. That's valid. Doesn't make them lazy.
    Or kabam gave a cornucopia of content for one month, knew most of the people player base was by far not going to complete it all, and left the choices of which quests and arenas in the players hands?

I do not for one second think anyone is lazy. And I completely understand it’s a time suck. But there are so many avenues for rewards (and fun on top) - like 2-3 times more than a normal month- that where people lose on one they can totally make up for it just by choosing something else within the game, within the same month or week even.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Tiger360 said:

Hold on a minute your telling me almost 19 hours for not even all the milestones is reasonable? Ooook dood

Your math is so far gone. Will take me maybe 10 hours spread over 7 days to reach it. I'm already in there grinding over the course of 3 days for FAR less rewards than this...
    I’m basing it on what op said, if you slap 160 mins into a calculator (1 hour 20 mins times 2) and then times that by 7 you get 1120 mins. Divide that by 60 you get 18.7 hours but I’ve rounded it up to 19 since not everyone has dozens of maxed out 2 stars. If you are going to nit pick at least make your comment understandable because it looks like you’ve been grinding an event that’s been out for a few hours for 3 days already.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Odachi said:

This is for arena grinders, those that enjoy mindless hours of arena and the slow drawn out earning of units - let them have this.

That entire premise seems to suggest that arena grinders wouldn't have this if the arena points were boosted, like they have always been. So... did grinders enjoy that less? No. Because nothing was stopping them from continuing to grind after obtaining the milestones.

There are also what, four or five other arenas going on - so plenty for them to grind.

Your commentary of "work for it" was rather condescending and don't try to suggest you weren't poking fun at the expense of people upset over this. You're equating them to Karen's and suggesting that they don't want to work for it, yeah, that's a pretty heavily laden implication of laziness and entitlement.

There's plenty of content for people to work hard in order to obtain the rewards. They're upset because these two arenas were supposed to be fun things they don't have to mindlessly work and grind for, but have fun with.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I thought 1*s would give Bonus Points like the last one, but I was wrong.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    I really, really don‘t like Arena (as you can tell from my Stats) ... but I‘m doing that grind for the few Event Arenas around the year (like those 4*/5*/6* Arenas or Mephisto Arena or Platinpool Arena) because of the big Shard/Platinpool Units/Title rewards.

So I won‘t enjoy the Arena, but I will enjoy the rewards. And can at least do other things at the same time to use my time more efficient. I‘m used to grinding ... when I was young (and earned my money with Gaming for a little while) I‘ve played up to 20 hours a day sometimes. Oh, how the time flies ...
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Nah, I have school - Post Secondary doesnt pay itself
  • I honestly put that much into the game already...so I guess that's why this seems normal to me...I have a problem
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    i made it to 250k. i will go no farther. ai gets real shifty if ya know what i mean. 130 plus hits each fight, bunch of regen wolverines, unstoppable juggs, limboing magic. feel like my time is better well spend not grinding my life away to pull another 6 star groot
    Tiger360 said:

phil56201 said:

Tiger360 said:

I’m basing it on what op said, if you slap 160 mins into a calculator (1 hour 20 mins times 2) and then times that by 7 you get 1120 mins. Divide that by 60 you get 18.7 hours but I’ve rounded it up to 19 since not everyone has dozens of maxed out 2 stars. If you are going to nit pick at least make your comment understandable because it looks like you’ve been grinding an event that’s been out for a few hours for 3 days already.
    Ive been grinding an event for barely 2 hrs as its not even been playable for half the time its been open.

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    njandy said:

i made it to 250k. i will go no farther. ai gets real shifty if ya know what i mean. 130 plus hits each fight, bunch of regen wolverines, unstoppable juggs, limboing magic. feel like my time is better well spend not grinding my life away to pull another 6 star groot

130+ hits, you're doing it wrong!