**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New arena points clarified [Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Kabam was doing so great in this month but suddenly someone there decided to mess that up. These are supposed to be celebration arenas. Are they really? Please rethink.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Hieitaku said:

But to be truly objective, the 6* shards arena has the most value per fight with the lowest roster requirement, at least in my opinion.

For most players, ten hours of fights and getting half of a 6* basic using just max ranked 2* champs is much more value than the same amount of time getting a featured 5* champion using 6* and ranked up 5* champs.

It's just that the highest value lies on top of a mountain of boring but easy fights that most people aren't used to committing to.

Having said that, I'm most probably dropping every other arena and focusing on getting those 5k 6* shards.

Value wise it’s great. But it’s a bit of a bummer for those who also wanted to grind for the lone featured champion this month. I was going to put in what was already a long grind for Spider-Ham, but since this arena spans the course of both featured runs i won’t be able to. That’s my biggest gripe with it. Let alone adding another 1-2* arena for the 5* shards, which is a nice chunk, and an additional chance at a featured pull I want. It just feels mismanaged.
  • Bitcoin1127Bitcoin1127 Posts: 3
    This is sad to do after the previous ones took like 20 rounds total
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

-sixate- said:

I worked 10 hours, played catch with the kid, helped him with his homework. I did that while taking a **** and while on my elliptical for an hour. This isn't difficult at all. If you don't want to do it fine. Just stop crying that you won't get the shards.

That is a solid 3-4 hours of grinding at maximum efficiency.
    Uhm, the fights are over in 20 hits. It is not that time consuming. I normally run 22-28m in the feature arena and get 300 6* shards. This is such a better value it's not even close.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Hieitaku said:

But to be truly objective, the 6* shards arena has the most value per fight with the lowest roster requirement, at least in my opinion.

For most players, ten hours of fights and getting half of a 6* basic using just max ranked 2* champs is much more value than the same amount of time getting a featured 5* champion using 6* and ranked up 5* champs.

It's just that the highest value lies on top of a mountain of boring but easy fights that most people aren't used to committing to.

Having said that, I'm most probably dropping every other arena and focusing on getting those 5k 6* shards.

Value wise it’s great. But it’s a bit of a bummer for those who also wanted to grind for the lone featured champion this month. I was going to put in what was already a long grind for Spider-Ham, but since this arena spans the course of both featured runs i won’t be able to. That’s my biggest gripe with it. Let alone adding another 1-2* arena for the 5* shards, which is a nice chunk, and an additional chance at a featured pull I want. It just feels mismanaged.
    Agree. In a vacuum, it has great value. The timing of it all is what makes it seem really bad.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Hello my friends.

Could someone pls give me a rundown of what went down today with the special 6* arena ??

It is 930pm and this js the first time i am able to login and play some mcoc.

Please and thank you.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

I have 92 maxed two stars and it’s still a slog

90 here. I remember when I ran the 4* basic for Black Widow (her first run—like 2016) and had to use 3*’s and wake up an hour early to get a round in because each round netted me like 115K.

This is like that.

Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

I’ll never forget that time my dad gave me a car for Christmas.

Well, it was more like a set of wheels, frame, body, engine, transmission, exhaust, seats and wiring and it took me a week to build it ...

But it was the best Christmas ever!

Better than walking.
    Lucky you don't have my father. You'd have gotten a Schwinn, and a list for the store.
  • Look, if this is intentionally hard because they’re 6*’s, I get it. But they need to cut it down, because I’m not doing 800 fights this week for arena, just got half a 6*. And I’m no way would I have remaining time for the 5* arena. It’s the 6th anniversary? They should put a x6 multiplier on top of the x3 for your streak.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Seems like a lot of people don't bother ranking 2*s. I hit 1M pts in 60 rds without suicides.

I rank up two stars for level up events when I don’t have higher cats. I’m trying to get all of my two stars to max.

Seems like a lot of people don't bother ranking 2*s. I hit 1M pts in 60 rds without suicides.

I rank up two stars for level up events when I don’t have higher cats. I’m trying to get all of my two stars to max.
    Same. I'm always working on something.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Same. Only have 1 2* not maxed and I got them today from the collector crystals
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Can't spare the iso. :/
    Etjama said:

Can't spare the iso. :/
    It's a catch-22. People can't spare it because they only Rank higher Champs. If you shift and do smaller Champs in the interim, it allocates Resources at a better pace. Mine is expiring.
  • CrispyCrispy Posts: 85
    Canucks37 said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks! Just to clarify, you are receiving the correct points multiplier in the Anniversary Arenas :) The milestones may seem far off, but keep at it and you'll be raking in those Shards before you know it! Cheerio!

Seriously? Thats likely around 1000 fights for the 6 star? That seems a little excessive to me
    No, it’s approximately 600 fights, or 200ish rounds of 3. Not bad at all for 5000 shards. Got plenty of 2*s maxed. I’m game.
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks! Just to clarify, you are receiving the correct points multiplier in the Anniversary Arenas :) The milestones may seem far off, but keep at it and you'll be raking in those Shards before you know it! Cheerio!

If the point multiplayer is like this, let us use 3&4 star Champs too...or increase the Base point to 3.5k (from 1.5k)
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★

I personally think arena is the worst part of the game. And Kabam wants us the grind it like crazy to get half a six star and a full five star? Sayonara.

Right there with you fam. Arena feels like....punishment.
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    With so many folks grinding these special arena...would be interesting to see the basic and featured arena scores..lol