**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New arena points clarified [Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    Hmm, I try to summarize a few (frequently mentioned) points out of all the complaints.

- many people don‘t have the time for such a massive grind due to exams/work/other real life issues
    - many say the rewards are not worth it (like getting a 6* Kingpin/Joe Fixit/Groot or whoever some of you mentioned) => so what‘s the problem then, if they are useless, just skip the Arena and all your problems are solved ... no time wasted for rewards you don‘t want anyway
    - other special/different Arenas (like Mephisto mentioned often) were so much better due to the multiplier => you had that one finished (all Milestones) with a streak of 10-15 only using 1* ... that was done after like 15 min ... not a good reference, that one was way too short to be even called Event
    - we should get everything for free because it‘s Anniversary => well, free stuff is always nice, but would it really be fun to get a million 6* Shards for free and don‘t really have to play/earn anything ... wouldn‘t that be absolutely boring (?) ... if you want a Champ Simulator ... all Champs, unlimited ressources ... I guess you should try to get on the Beta Tester Server program, might be possible there ...
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited December 2020

6 stars are highly valuable in game. Hard to get but this arena gives easy way to get it, but they have to give us more time for that milestones... 7 days are too low time and kabam should know we all have works to do... They should increase the time or decrease the milestones...

Or Increase the Score Multiplayer?
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    It will be hard on me but I'll pass this arena
  • yash98yash98 Posts: 68
    what an absolute joke of an anniversary event..
  • yash98yash98 Posts: 68
    WOLF_LINK said:

Hmm, I try to summarize a few (frequently mentioned) points out of all the complaints.

- many people don‘t have the time for such a massive grind due to exams/work/other real life issues
    - many say the rewards are not worth it (like getting a 6* Kingpin/Joe Fixit/Groot or whoever some of you mentioned) => so what‘s the problem then, if they are useless, just skip the Arena and all your problems are solved ... no time wasted for rewards you don‘t want anyway
    - other special/different Arenas (like Mephisto mentioned often) were so much better due to the multiplier => you had that one finished (all Milestones) with a streak of 10-15 only using 1* ... that was done after like 15 min ... not a good reference, that one was way too short to be even called Event
    - we should get everything for free because it‘s Anniversary => well, free stuff is always nice, but would it really be fun to get a million 6* Shards for free and don‘t really have to play/earn anything ... wouldn‘t that be absolutely boring (?) ... if you want a Champ Simulator ... all Champs, unlimited ressources ... I guess you should try to get on the Beta Tester Server program, might be possible there ...

awh yeah cause were talking about 1 million 6* shards.. you said it yourself.. people spend all that time grinding to get trash out of the crystal.. no wonder no one wants to grind it.. its a joke
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    How can anyone be this salty about a piece of content. 6* shards are still so valuable.
    All of you are acting like a bunch of millenials who just want everything for free.
    This arena gives 190 units. And a bunch of extra stuff besides the 6* shards.
    If you don`t like it. Don`t do it. I will, and I will be rewarded with some juicy stuff.
    There is so much to do this month. Quests that could be explored in a couple of hours.
    If they made this arena as short as the 5* arena everyone would complain there was nothing to do.
    Because act 7 is too hard, variant has a rough boss or whatever reason people can think of.

If you don`t want to do 200 rounds of arena do the 5* version. That only takes roughly 50 rounds to get a fully formed crystal.

Kabam has been in the wrong in the past. But this time. A large portion of the community is being wrong with this.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

How can anyone be this salty about a piece of content. 6* shards are still so valuable.
    All of you are acting like a bunch of millenials who just want everything for free.
    If you don`t like it. Don`t do it. I will, and I will be rewarded with some juicy stuff.
    There is so much to do this month. Quests that could be explored in a couple of hours.
    If they made this arena as short as the 5* arena everyone would complain there was nothing to do.
    Because act 7 is too hard, variant has a rough boss or whatever reason people can think of.

If you don`t want to do 200 rounds of arena do the 5* version. That only takes roughly 50 rounds to get a fully formed crystal.

Kabam has been in the wrong in the past. But this time. A large portion of the community is being wrong with this.

7.1 is literally easier and faster to earn Double the shards...
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 341 ★★★
    Think of the amount of content you’d need to do to get 5000 6* shards, the arena seems fair in my opinion.

And act 7 isn’t available to everyone at the moment, so if you really want a 6*, you’ll hammer the arena.

Doesn’t mean I’ll be doing it, I don’t want another 6* that badly.

People really are pushing back against the game at the mo, massive amount of complaining.
  • lmao, this is in addition to normal arenas.

Ever heard of min maxing?
    3 hours a day on a single arena is not min maxing. I spend 4.5 hours over three days to get 20+ mill in featured and 4* basic milestones. Adding 300% of that time for the most boring game mode is NOT fun.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    The thing that kind of confuses me is they gave us a whole month in October to do a 2 star arena that literally took 20 minutes to finish. Obviously these rewards are better but they could've avoided almost all this backlash by just giving us the month or even just 2 weeks to do it. It's a lot of Arena to do, but the rewards are definitely worth it in comparison to other Arenas in general.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

Raichu626 said:

Its always been like this so I dont know why people are surprised

Nope, the previous arenas of this kind were a lot quicker than ~200 streak (or whatever)
    That arena is still available. This is the next step up, and definitely takes some more dedication.
    This muppet really say “this is the next step up, and definitely takes some more dedication” for 5,000 6* shards? You guys really afraid of the new players coming in for a half a 6*? You’re a joke.
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    edited December 2020
    They should've given some more points for each round.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    While I do think working for the shards is important, I also think that it’s also important to recognise that not everybody has multiple hours in a day to play MCOC. And even if they did, i don’t think many people would really want to do arena out of all things.

I’m not suggesting dialling up boosts for 200000 points each fight, but I do think small boosts would definitely take the heat of the grind here.

I understand 6* shards are rare, and that they are a valuable resources to players. On the other hand however, I’m not sure if 5000 shards is worth thousands of arena fights with your 2* champions.

Therefore, I’m all for the boosts or however you want to improve it. I definitely think there should still be a grind, but I think it should be brought down slightly because to be honest, this sort of grind seems like it should be for something closer to a full 6* crystal or something. I’m not a big arena grinder so I could just be getting this all wrong, and that it turns out that this isn’t actually too bad, but in my opinion, doing this arena for multiple hours and only getting a couple hundred thousand points, I’ll say it’s not great for me personally.

Just my opinion. I do think kabam and the playerbase should meet in the middle to make both parties happy in this situation. Building a good relationship between devs and the playerbase is important for most games, and I think it’s great for devs to give small gestures and things to remind the players that the devs are doing all they can to ensure a great experience is met. A positive relationship means a better game for everyone.
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    Just boosting the 1*s would make these feel like bonus arenas. 600 ish rounds to do the 6* and 5* arenas on TOP of the original arenas. PLUS an insane content drop in the last few days. Ditch your families this holiday season unless you want a big ole case of FOMO.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★

In my day, we Grinded uphill both ways in the snow.

Don’t forget the 10 miles part
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

In my day, we Grinded uphill both ways in the snow.

Don’t forget the 10 miles part
    Then when we got to the schoolhouse, we had to light a fire with our shoelaces.
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★

You being serious?!?!?!? screw this!

Someone needs a timeout lol.. it isn't that serious to get all worked up over. It's not like you're being forced to do it, the choice is yours whether or not you choose to or feel that you're capable of doing a streak of around 240 to hit all milestones and you do have a week to complete it.
  • Skadi2604 said:

So basically you are celebrating with 200-300 rounds of arena ? For some 6-star GROOT shards ? Are you out of your mind ?
    Why is it called CELEBRATION if you have to do 300 rounds of arena ? That's not a celebration man.....
    Some folks like getting stuffed.
    I'm an arena grinder and I do not like celebrating by playing more arena. To each his/her own....
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    DrZola said:

I decided to just run with it as an experiment of sorts. Streak of 69 fights in 6* has netted me around 1.2M points. No death matches because I’m using max 2*’s, of which I have 90. It’s not a lot of fun, but at this point I’m probably able to make it just by playing 4-5 matches at a time here and there.

I will offer these observations for future “bonus arenas” :

1) More frequent milestones—even if it’s just small stuff—help with boredom.
    2) Target streak overall should not be more than 200 matches for all milestones
    3) Consider 3* for the 6* bonus arena
    4) Allow match multiplier to escalate beyond 3X
    5) If restricted to 2*, offer a way to get 2* boosts in game that doesn’t require cash or units
    6) Consider running arenas like this one for 14 days
    7) Adjust the regular Alliance and Solo events (Arena Wins, etc.) to award additional points for fight for the bonus arena
    8) Include special objectives that can be met via bonus arena (e.g., opportunities for rare 1/2*)
    9) Award special prize for first X Summoners who hit all milestones

Just a handful of thoughts that might help with some of the grindiness complained about here. Take it or leave it—just trying to be constructive.

Dr. Zola

Man! Nice Suggestions
    Hope @Kabam Miike will consider some of these atleast