**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* shard Arena vs Normal Arena question

Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
So the 6* shard Arena just seems bad, what is the reasoning behind fixing the points the way they are so that on average summoners will need to complete 240-270 Matches/Series ?

I ask because when looking at other Arenas

5* Featured Arena - takes approx 66 Matches to hit 12 million Milestone ( using 6* champs earning 180k per match)
4* Featured Arena - takes approx 44 Matches to hit 4 Million Milestone ( using 5* champs earning 90k per match)
4* Basic Arena - takes approx 42 matches to hit 1.5 million (using 4* earning 35k per match)
3* featured Arena - takes approx 35 matches to hit 640k (using 3* earning 18k per match)

the 5* Anniversary Arena - takes approx 66 matches to hit 1 million milestone ( using 2* earning 15k per match)

now
The 6* Anniversary Arena - takes approx 266 matches to hit 4 million milestone ( using 2* earning 15k per match)

so how did you come to the decision to have the 6* Anniversary shard Arena so much more inflated in matches needed to hit the top milestone then all other arenas in game ?

Even taking the normal arenas and doubling the matches needed to hit all milestones in two arena cycles ( 6 days) to compare with the 7 day anniversary Arena, it still requires at a minimum double the matches (266 / (66*2) = 2 ( rounded to nearest number)

now i am aware the number of matches will vary depending on factors such as suicides, boosts, amount of maxed rank champions but the figures are just used as a approximation for comparison purposes.

I am aware it has been stated that the points are working fine, but i'm curious as to why it differs so much from all other arenas for something which is meant to be celebratory ?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    6* Shards are still quite valuable, and they're meant to come with significant time and effort. Which has been indicated by Miike. I also tend to agree. Considering all we need to do is fight 2*s with 2*s, it's not that insurmountable. Just time-consuming.
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    4 stars can never earn 35k unless they are boosted and are using arena boosts.
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    AouxWoux said:

4 stars can never earn 35k unless they are boosted and are using arena boosts.

Pretty sure op is talking about the 3 fight series as a whole
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    You earn more than 15k per match
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Voltolos said:

You earn more than 15k per match

16k. Much better. At least I got 16k per series if I exclude the first 5 to build the streak. If you're also using r2 or r1 2* champs, it's gonna be really close to 15k
  • SatomiSatomi Posts: 87
    Rbk19 said:

I'm not complaining about the points but they can make the timeline like 2 weeks or 1 month. Previous 2 star arena gave 50 to 70k points and timeline was given 30 days.

^This. For an average player, this is about 30-35 rounds of arena every day to hit 4 mil. As previously mentioned, it AL varies of course, but that's just a tad bit insane.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    This is a 7 day arena instead of the typical 3 day. If you want the shards, go for it. I ran through all my 2s in one run and got 800k. Not going to be hard to hit 4M in a few days. May even have a chance at the 5 shard arena. I typically run the featured 5 for 22-25M, featured 4 for 5M, and basic 4 for 2M. I'm just hitting the featured 5 and 6 shard arena right now.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Ok some people have kinda missed the point and also skipped over my post as i addressed some of the points there

the points is a approximation using the lower spectrum of points you can gain per match. As i stated in the original post I am aware you can earn more points based on rank, boosts and mastery set ups. At the same time i have used the same lower end of the spectrum across all arena comparisons so it is still a fair comparison. If i used the higher end of the spectrum of points people can get the comparison would still be the same. Getting hung up on points compared the actual question i am raising in my post is trivial. I only included it so people can see how i am reaching the number of matches to reach all milestones.

@AzKicker316 please refer to my original post regarding your comment
    Bidzy7 said:

Even taking the normal arenas and doubling the matches needed to hit all milestones in two arena cycles ( 6 days) to compare with the 7 day anniversary Arena, it still requires at a minimum double the matches (266 / (66*2) = 2 ( rounded to nearest number)

Also this post isn't so much me wanting the shards and not wanting to grind for them. They would be nice ofc but i have already discerned for the time spent to achieve them i could do a number of other things in game that would be more beneficial and enjoyable such as working through 100% 7.1. I will do some of the milestones, but not prioritizing this arena over other stuff.

My question in the original post is why the disparity between arenas. This Arena is a special celebratory one so why exactly does it require so many matches compared to the others ?
    I would of expected like the original 5* Anniversary Calendar released back in 2017 that they would of set it so that doing 500 fights ( 166 matches roughly ) would be a fair expectation and benchmark to set as 6* shards today are the same as 5* shards were in 2017. Especially since there is also the 5* Arena people would likely also want to grind where as back in 2017 you only had the 1 arena.

Hopefully they take this on board for the next time they run this arena.

• Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

Ok some people have kinda missed the point and also skipped over my post as i addressed some of the points there

the points is a approximation using the lower spectrum of points you can gain per match. As i stated in the original post I am aware you can earn more points based on rank, boosts and mastery set ups. At the same time i have used the same lower end of the spectrum across all arena comparisons so it is still a fair comparison. If i used the higher end of the spectrum of points people can get the comparison would still be the same. Getting hung up on points compared the actual question i am raising in my post is trivial. I only included it so people can see how i am reaching the number of matches to reach all milestones.

@AzKicker316 please refer to my original post regarding your comment

Bidzy7 said:

Also this post isn't so much me wanting the shards and not wanting to grind for them. They would be nice ofc but i have already discerned for the time spent to achieve them i could do a number of other things in game that would be more beneficial and enjoyable such as working through 100% 7.1. I will do some of the milestones, but not prioritizing this arena over other stuff.

My question in the original post is why the disparity between arenas. This Arena is a special celebratory one so why exactly does it require so many matches compared to the others ?
    I would of expected like the original 5* Anniversary Calendar released back in 2017 that they would of set it so that doing 500 fights ( 166 matches roughly ) would be a fair expectation and benchmark to set as 6* shards today are the same as 5* shards were in 2017. Especially since there is also the 5* Arena people would likely also want to grind where as back in 2017 you only had the 1 arena.

Hopefully they take this on board for the next time they run this arena.

I think you answer your own question using the 2017 example.

It takes over 35 five star dupes to make a 6*. The inflation for value between a 5* and 6* has to be taken into account IMO.

In the case of the anniversary specific arenas for 5* and 6* this year; for 5000 K 6 shards that would mean roughly 18 dupes. Or hitting all the milestones in the 5 arena 18 times (if that was allowed).
  • Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 401 ★★
    How are people getting 15k per fight im only getting about 4.5k per fight? Or am I reading thing wrong?
    @Mrwarren96 when i say 15k i refer to a match which consists of 3 fights.

@Doctorwho13

if you actually understand the 2017 example i gave. 5* shards in 2017 is the same as 6* shards is in 2020, therefore going by that 500 fights which was the requirement then is the correct amount it should of been now. 500 fights is by no means a trivial thing it would still take people 166 matches to hit the top milestone which is just shy of 3 times the requirement of the 5* Arena

Also I'm comparing Arena grinding with Arena Grinding.

Your 5* dupe comparison is not something that is a like for like comparison.
    I can do the same and say it takes 2 hours to get 10k shards running through 7.1 initial clear so why is it taking so much longer to get half the shards. The point being that is a unrelated aspect of the game. getting 6* shards from dupes is also reliant on having every champ to dupe them when you open a crystal.
    FritoPlay said:

Its obvious they don't appreciate us if this is how they show their appreciation

I would say more a oversight on the actual commitment the current points multiplier requires of the player base in such a short space of time.

Don't forget Kabam have given a lot of free stuff ( login calendar) and the anniversary gift too, so to say they do not appreciate the players isn't something entirely true. If it was they would not being doing any of that. Whether that is enough for you or not is something that can only be gauged on a personal level.
    Bidzy7 said:

@Mrwarren96 when i say 15k i refer to a match which consists of 3 fights.

@Doctorwho13

if you actually understand the 2017 example i gave. 5* shards in 2017 is the same as 6* shards is in 2020, therefore going by that 500 fights which was the requirement then is the correct amount it should of been now. 500 fights is by no means a trivial thing it would still take people 166 matches to hit the top milestone which is just shy of 3 times the requirement of the 5* Arena

Also I'm comparing Arena grinding with Arena Grinding.

Your 5* dupe comparison is not something that is a like for like comparison.
    I can do the same and say it takes 2 hours to get 10k shards running through 7.1 initial clear so why is it taking so much longer to get half the shards. The point being that is a unrelated aspect of the game. getting 6* shards from dupes is also reliant on having every champ to dupe them when you open a crystal.

I understood your comparison just fine. That was 166 matches for a 5*. This is 260 some odd for half a 6*.

And I am comparing arena to arena. If it’s 60 some odd matches for the anniversary 5 arena, then it would most assuredly be more for 5000k 6* shards.

As I said. There is a value difference between 5 shards and 6 shards. Kabam has set that value.

Also. You can only clear 7.1 once. Once you get those shards they’re gone. This is an arena for extra.

IMO it’s all going to depend on how you want to perceive things from your indivisible perspective. I’m looking at the 6* arena as a bonus cherry on top of a sundae. Had they offered no anniversary arenas we would be none the wiser.

• HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 170 ★★
    You have 7 days to hit the last milestone, this is not intended to mirror normal arena conditions.
    Along the way you pick up boosted gold and BCs as well as boosted gold and more units from the BCs you'll open.
    Not to mention waaay more shards than you would from normal arenas.
    I'm more than happy to put the effort in.

As long as people haven't sold all their 2*s it should be pretty easy...
  • Big_eggyBig_eggy Posts: 117
    You see I have 0 problem with the amount of points they give, I just don’t like the timespan I have to do it in. Fortunately for me I only need to get to 1.8mil for a 6* so the grind isn’t as long, but if I wanted to hit all the milestones I don’t think I’d be able to.
    People also say you’re getting 15k per match, but some matches I lose because the opponent won’t throw a special so I have to eat special 3s left, right and centre which costs a ton of points.
    @Doctorwho13 Lol no, you seem to completely ignore the following statement

"5* shards in 2017 is the same as 6* shards is in 2020."

If you don't think that's the case then we will have to agree to disagree.
    Bidzy7 said:

@Doctorwho13 Lol no, you seem to completely ignore the following statement

"5* shards in 2017 is the same as 6* shards is in 2020."

If you don't think that's the case then we will have to agree to disagree.

Well. It’s quite obvious they are not. So we will
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Easy solution,..just don’t do it. Not worth the time for me so I’m not,..and I’m content with that.
    Problem solved .
  • akki_champ1akki_champ1 Posts: 21
    edited December 2020
    I cant believe people are posting in support of this arena.. I mean it doesn't make any sense to do approx. 666 fights (230 series) to get 5k 6 star shards at all and that is also in a span of 7 days.... They should have at least opened 3 and 4 stars to this arena so that we can use arena boosts...
    @akki_champ1 exactly which is what i was trying to illustrate using the current arena and past history why this seems over the top.

But hey if people are happy with this power to them. Enjoy the grind
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    A Slight increase in the Points will be Cool...Like from 1.5k to 2.3k will be fine
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

All done.

You accomplished that in 24 hours?