**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 7 critical assessment after doing it 100%.

Comments

• RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    6.1 was really not that hard. I'm not that amazing of a player and I had it completed within 2 weeks of it being out. It just had the XBones fight and maybe the Sentinel miniboss that were big roadblocks without the right counters.

Give me this style content all day over pre-nerf 6.2. Moving forward they can modify the nodes that give attackers a boost so that you aren't too OP.
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    For those that have 100% 7.1, is there an offer given once exploration is complete? Wondering if there is a similar or better offer than the one given on completion.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    pete8388 said:

For those that have 100% 7.1, is there an offer given once exploration is complete? Wondering if there is a similar or better offer than the one given on completion.

It’s a 15% t5cc selector with a bunch of potions and stuff for 3.5K units.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    I dont understand people complaining about it being easier than act 6...of course it is.

Kabam specifically said that Story content will not be considered endgame difficulty content anymore. They made the change because almost everyone complained about act 6 difficulty. Even with the nerf, act 6 is still not really worth exploring.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

You guys just cannot be satisfied right ?
    Make something a bit easy -- its too easy ?
    Make something too hard --- its too hard nerf it ?
    Just cos you have revives expiring, does it mean its the same for the others.
    The next time Kabam makes nodes with Fun and interactive damage, blame your own community.

I'd wager good money that very few people (if any) say act 6 is too hard and act 7 is too easy. It would be a contradictory argument.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

Gmonkey said:

I have 9 r3 I was using different champs so it is fun. Not challenging but fun. If you have all the utility champs ranked up that is.

And that's the point, a lot of if for this to be easy. That Aarkus boss without Doom is a pain, the 90% less damage *unless you do this* paths are also rough without the right counters.
    It's a breeze if you use Man-Thing
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    edited December 2020

You still have folks not doing act6.... if they are motivated to do act7 i think it is a step in the right direction. Act6 was and is horrible and tedious. Content is meant to be played. Story content is meant to be completed, not like dark soul's type content that is so hard only a small percent is willing to subject themselves to it.

Huge agree on this one. Feel like the story content should be something anyone can work towards without sacrificing their life to a game. Then have separate end game content that's nuts and not meant for everyone.

How about for all you try hard elites, they release another version of V1 with 100% more health and attack (20k+), root nodes and some crazy act 6 combinations of nastiness (hi no retreat champion), with global passive armour break and true strike nodes, so that ghost and quake could not be used and energy refresh timers like AQ or AW so your team is locked in for at least 24 hours per run through a level and there were ten paths and 6 levels, so 60 days to complete it..

They could have a t5cc selector, rank 2-3 gem, generic 6* Awakening, 100 6* sig stones, maybe even a class select 10 choice Nexus as per the abyss as rewards.

Most of the community simply would never do it. But the elite, who want a challenge who want to let rip their 3/45s and their wallets but still feel like they have beaten something epic with special rewards, would have exactly that.

The rest of the player base gets to actually experience the story and still feel like they are progressing and those in platinum alliances get someone special to smash their faces into repeatedly that doesn't lock off the story to 99% of the other players.
  • That said (for end game players with strong/diverse rosters) no the content is not impossible. But I’m ok with that
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

You people crack me up. Bravo kabam on book 2 design. Thank you for not making hard counters for paths and bosses. Thank you for allowing me to use way more of my roster than I was able to use in Act 6. Thank you for not making long tedious 10 path chapters. Thank you for not making attack values that take half your health from blocking a single 5 hit combo. Book 2 Act 1 is definitely a step in the right direction

I actually totally agree on the shorter/less paths and much more manageable attack values are major pluses.

I like a lot of the changes in content direction honestly. Thinking they moved a bit too far in one direction doesn't necessarily mean I have problems with the general direction overall.

People that want more of this content direction also can't complain when being able to complete content ends up no longer being the sole measure of judging player progression though. This is where I think a few too many players are wanting to have their cake and eat it too at the moment.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

You people crack me up. Bravo kabam on book 2 design. Thank you for not making hard counters for paths and bosses. Thank you for allowing me to use way more of my roster than I was able to use in Act 6. Thank you for not making long tedious 10 path chapters. Thank you for not making attack values that take half your health from blocking a single 5 hit combo. Book 2 Act 1 is definitely a step in the right direction

I actually totally agree on the shorter/less paths and much more manageable attack values are major pluses.

I like a lot of the changes in content direction honestly. Thinking they moved a bit too far in one direction doesn't necessarily mean I have problems with the general direction overall.

People that want more of this content direction also can't complain when being able to complete content ends up no longer being the sole measure of judging player progression though. This is where I think a few too many players are wanting to have their cake and eat it too at the moment.
    Kabam will also have to pump it out much faster.

6.1 took a long time to do. 7.1 fully explored in a week max.
    This is something I'm curious about. When the original beta for 7.1 came out it was only 3 quests albeit longer than what we have now. They had stated the intention was to have story content release more frequently at the time.

I don't recall if this has been addressed by them since the shift in direction and if that's still the intention. If not, I feel there will be a lot more people sitting with all content finished and waiting for extended periods of time. As someone that's been in that situation since March until now essentially, I'm aware that can get fairly boring quickly
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    I haven't 100% it yet but i do find it more enjoyable in the sense I'm bringing in different champions or utilizing synergies to clear paths e.g. power sting path using Mr Fantastic Synergy. I also like the reward aspect of nodes which rewards you for playing a certain way be it using particular champions classes or intercepting to gain fury.

My biggest issue with act 7 is the global buffs for 6* champions. I feel this wasn't needed and is actually bad because usually my advice to other players would be to build their 5* roster and that the difference between a 5* and 6* is very small so they shouldn't focus purely on ranking up 6*. But this almost makes 5* redundant to a degree because why would you use a r5 5* when you can use a r2 6* which will do way more damage. If anything it should of been the other way round which is 5* champions got a small attack boost to encourage people to continue using them.

i feel this is also making it too easy for the top players who have several r3 champions, because basically they are doing this content with r4 6* with that massive attack boost.

I think another thing people need to consider with this content as well is that Kabam had to completely redo this chapter, so they would of focused more on it being enjoyable. I would imagine chapter 2 will be harder but keeping in line with they way chapter 1 was with node designs.
  • JonnySnowJonnySnow Posts: 117
    I see all of these posts that like to hate on 7.1 and their examples/comparisons are 5.2 or 6.2.

Not one person has mentioned how they felt about 5.1 or 6.1 because they were also not extremely difficult. The fun/challenge continued to progress throughout the entire act rather than out of the gates in chapter 1.

I think they did an excellent job introducing a ton of different nodes and ways to deal interactive damage we haven’t seen before. I’m looking forward to see where the take it!