**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why Do You Climb the Mountain?

I love the new MCOC cinematic!
https://youtu.be/tClS4MpuCQA
From the first lines it really expresses what it is like to be a Summoner:
“Why do they keep climbing the mountain when there is no peak to be seen?”
Cue the music “I take two steps in then I feel the pain”
Yep, that’s exactly what it’s like! Then the cinematic answers the question by showing us why we play this game by visualizing the amazing gameplay that happened in our minds if not on our little screens. It reveals the fantasy that we are fighting alongside our favorite heroes in an epic quests. The animation, cinematography and story telling really fire up my imagination and remind me that I don’t play this game for titles or shards or catalysts. I play it because I love these characters so much and it’s a beautiful source of entertainment and fun in the midst of difficult times in our real world.
That’s why I climb the mountain.
Why do you do it?

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Open world playing as the summoner coming soon? Definitely not happening, but that would be cool.
    I climb the mountain to collect everything.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Open world playing as the summoner coming soon? Definitely not happening, but that would be cool.

There will sorta be one like that soon. That other game. Marvel future revolutions.
    Buttehrs said:

Crcrcrc said:

There will sorta be one like that soon. That other game. Marvel future revolutions.
    But it isn't connected and has 4 characters
    Crcrcrc said:

Buttehrs said:

Crcrcrc said:

Its not even out yet lol. And not real of champions. Future revolutions. Completely different company altogether.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I am not super competitive, but I like collecting champs that look for to play, and I am in a fun alliance that keeps the game chill. Not trying to compete at the top levels, no interest in that kind of stress. Just want to have fun, which is sometimes pretty hard to do in MCOC. Some things I love, mostly Incursions, which I would do daily if there was a way to get rewards more often.

So I guess I don't climb the mountain, like some do.
    Buttehrs said:

Crcrcrc said:

Buttehrs said:

Crcrcrc said:

Its not even out yet lol. And not real of champions. Future revolutions. Completely different company altogether.
    Pretty sure it was confirmed to only have 4 characters
    Crcrcrc said:

Buttehrs said:

Crcrcrc said:

Buttehrs said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pretty sure it was confirmed to only have 4 characters
    Nah. I think its just 4 when it launches. That trailer had tons more than 4 lol.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Why do I climb this mountain? I climb this mountain not to reach the top, but to venture through this vast realm of endless possibilities with champions that redefined mine and many others' childhood. Whether or not there's a peak doesn't matter, it's about the memories we create getting there. The journey matters more than the destination. Should there be a peak, a final destination, then we rest, and watch the sun rise on a greatful universe.

*grateful
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Why do I climb this mountain? I climb this mountain not to reach the top, but to venture through this vast realm of endless possibilities with champions that redefined mine and many others' childhood. Whether or not there's a peak doesn't matter, it's about the memories we create getting there. The journey matters more than the destination. Should there be a peak, a final destination, then we rest, and watch the sun rise on a greatful universe.

*grateful
    Damn autocorrect
  • xandarooskixandarooski Posts: 8
    why do i climb the mountain? because i'm in love.
  • Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    Because Dinosaur looks like a pretty nice guy
  • Ely_20Ely_20 Posts: 83
    I climb the mountain because I always want to know what's next higher up the mountain, even if there is no peak. I climb to fight alongside my favorite champions. I climb to keep being challenged. For all this, I climb.
  • Another tie-in for the reference of us Summoners being akin to a Spaceman (in a spacesuit), that I think was first revealed maybe a year ago (?) in one of the other Motion Comics. And just echo'd again in this month's story line where SPorky Pig says either Spaceman or Spacesuit when referring to us.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Crcrcrc said:

What happened to Marvel future revolution anyways. It was there showing us all the stuff about the game and it's like it dissappeared.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I'm a geologist. Usually because there's some cool rocks at the top.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    The narrator must be really short cause I can actually see the summit.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Let the Pandemic be over and we will talk lol
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    DPX sp3 should contain Shrilling Chickes! PLEASE, KABAM!
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    “We choose to climb the mountain not because it is easy but because it is hard!”
  • SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★

Why do I climb this mountain? I climb this mountain not to reach the top, but to venture through this vast realm of endless possibilities with champions that redefined mine and many others' childhood. Whether or not there's a peak doesn't matter, it's about the memories we create getting there. The journey matters more than the destination. Should there be a peak, a final destination, then we rest, and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe.

This. To enjoy the journey, not to heal, but to be broken and broken again, to get back up and say give me more. I can take it. It's a journey through a game, and I love it.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Because the mountain is there.

In all seriousness I love the complicated champion designs and the way we can use abilities creatively or uncreatively to solve problem nodes. Also collecting.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    I just want to have fun with it at this point. Whilst I like to have some friendly competition with my friends and alliance I love the way you can collect certain teams and have fun with it. Like yesterday I pulled a 6* Drax. Many would be angry but I was happy as now I have a full team of Draxes (Draxi, Draxae?) and I can use it to clear through some fun stuff. I don’t as much climb the mountain, more like a brisk hike.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Why do I climb the mountain?

Usually for a view but having to do war at the top when your hands are numb really isn’t a great time
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Why do I climb the mountain?

Usually for a view but having to do war at the top when your hands are numb really isn’t a great time

have you tried incursions? Almost never clear a room
  • because I have nothing better to do

same