**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New arena points clarified [Title edited for clarity]

1101112131416»

Comments

• 3Ax33Ax3 Posts: 26
    For reference:
    • Each fight gives 6K points on average with maxed 2*.
    • To reach 4M points 666 fights are required or 222 matches for the 6* shards alone.
    • That's about 8 hours of gameplay.
    • 10 hours if playing 5* shards arena also.
    Enjoy.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

• doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    edited December 2020
    I needed 1300 shards for my next 6* crystal so I did about 1M in the arena, opened my 6* crystal and duped Drax. Meh
    Anyway, like most people have said, 4M is certainly doable but it isn't fun. Not many will have the time to do all of it when there's so much enjoyable content available. In my case, I won't be doing it any further.
    After I pulled that Drax I had this strong urge to throw my phone against the wall, but I did the remaining 400k in 5* arena instead. Nothing special from 5* crystals either.

But then I opened those 1/2* crystals and pulled one of the most sought-after champs so idk if it was worth it in the end.

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★

Seems like a lot of people don't bother ranking 2*s. I hit 1M pts in 60 rds without suicides.

The main problem is not the 2* champ availability but the 7-day time span (in addition to other activities in game in that same span). I'm at 1.88m having done 108 rounds. I ignored 22H EQ, and for 22H hero use this is barely giving points because it's 2*s being used. I'd have preferred half the grind but que sera.

*shrugs*
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Seems like a lot of people don't bother ranking 2*s. I hit 1M pts in 60 rds without suicides.

The main problem is not the 2* champ availability but the 7-day time span (in addition to other activities in game in that same span). I'm at 1.88m having done 108 rounds. I ignored 22H EQ, and for 22H hero use this is barely giving points because it's 2*s being used. I'd have preferred half the grind but que sera.

*shrugs*
    Eh, I'm just over 3m right now and the last thing I'd call myself is a grinder. It's more arena than I'd choose to do normally but it's far from this ridiculous task either.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★

Bugmat78 said:

*shrugs*
    Eh, I'm just over 3m right now and the last thing I'd call myself is a grinder. It's more arena than I'd choose to do normally but it's far from this ridiculous task either.
    I don’t think it’s ridiculous overall either (after doing a little testing), but it’s not anything approaching “celebratory.” I suppose it depends on what the team was trying to accomplish, though.

I do think the other guy makes a relevant point when he notes that other things in game—events, for example—aren’t tuned even just a bit for the bonus arena grind. Quite often, the team does a great job of making sure events filter through the various layers of the game.

This time they didn’t. It isn’t awful, but the past month or two feels a little off—lots of prizes, yes, but also events that have divergent effort/payout ratios and sometimes things that don’t really connect.

It’s like they are trying out different things, and if that’s the case, it’s not all bad. But it is fair for people to respond (within reason) about whether they like the things being tested.

I will add this: there’s really no reason for people to complain about gifting being a total cash grab if they didn’t avail themselves of free arena units.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Bugmat78 said:

*shrugs*
    I don’t think it’s ridiculous overall either (after doing a little testing), but it’s not anything approaching “celebratory.” I suppose it depends on what the team was trying to accomplish, though.

I do think the other guy makes a relevant point when he notes that other things in game—events, for example—aren’t tuned even just a bit for the bonus arena grind. Quite often, the team does a great job of making sure events filter through the various layers of the game.

This time they didn’t. It isn’t awful, but the past month or two feels a little off—lots of prizes, yes, but also events that have divergent effort/payout ratios and sometimes things that don’t really connect.

It’s like they are trying out different things, and if that’s the case, it’s not all bad. But it is fair for people to respond (within reason) about whether they like the things being tested.

I will add this: there’s really no reason for people to complain about gifting being a total cash grab if they didn’t avail themselves of free arena units.

Dr. Zola
    Don’t forget that the spider ham bank event will also go with this,
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

DrZola said:

Bugmat78 said:

*shrugs*

Dr. Zola
    Gifting event is a cash grab in the sense that the only way to get the top rewards is if you pay money. That too in the 10s of thousands.

But hey I shouldn't have a problem with that since it in no way affects my enjoyment of the game.

That being said, why bring it up in this thread?
    No question it’s a cash grab—but my point is that the means to reduce the “cash” part is in the game right now—units from arena, units from new content, units from wide event, units from piggy bank (if that’s what it is—still trying to figure it out).

I’ve done 7.1, UC, Master paths and I’ve run more arena than I usually do and I’m at over half an Odin from not crazy gameplay (even after burning 300 units on a Spam Cav).

A lot of that comes from these boring shard arenas. Outside of Thursday night, when I mindlessly grinded for an hour while watching football, it’s just 10 minutes there, 10 minutes here. And units keep coming.

That’s why I mention it.

Dr. Zola
    I will say this... my time on Mcoc according to my phone is normally 26-30 mins a day.

I know it’s long because S/O basically said I haven’t moved in 2-3 hours lol.

DrZola said:

Bugmat78 said:

*shrugs*

Dr. Zola
    Yeah it's definitely far more grind than I would choose if given the choice to design it myself. Still definitely manageable even if it is a time suck. I've just been doing it as I watch TV/streams or have down time at work.

As far as gifting, the issue I have with it isn't the general premise or money at all (I pumped more than my fair share into it last year) but just the shady side of the game it tends to bring out
    HI_guys said:

Bugmat78 said:

*shrugs*
    You're not getting 3 million in less than 48 hours without doing what most reasonable people would call a ridiculous amount of time spent.

Now before you get riled up understand that I'm not saying the arena as a whole is a cash grab or saying that I disapprove of the way you spent(your time) in the game. I spent considerable amount of time on the arena and I'm up to 1.9 m . And it made me just close the game out of pure tiredness and distaste of the grind.
    I have probably under 65k arena fights done in the entirety of the time I've played this game. If even I don't find this to be completely unreasonable, I'm not sure why anyone unless they do absolutely no arena ever would.

Some people just have less of an issue with grindy aspects of games in general. I'm not really sure why those people that do have major issues with them would play a game like this for any extended period of time though
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Bugmat78 said:

*shrugs*
    You're not getting 3 million in less than 48 hours without doing what most reasonable people would call a ridiculous amount of time spent.

Now before you get riled up understand that I'm not saying the arena as a whole is a cash grab or saying that I disapprove of the way you spent(your time) in the game. I spent considerable amount of time on the arena and I'm up to 1.9 m . And it made me just close the game out of pure tiredness and distaste of the grind.
    I have probably under 65k arena fights done in the entirety of the time I've played this game. If even I don't find this to be completely unreasonable, I'm not sure why anyone unless they do absolutely no arena ever would.

Some people just have less of an issue with grindy aspects of games in general. I'm not really sure why those people that do have major issues with them would play a game like this for any extended period of time though
    I've been playing for 5 long years (couple of breaks dur to impossible circumstances) and I still hate arena. It's easy enough to have nothing to startegize about and hard enkugh to actually have to concentrate and play
    I hate it as well. I just see it as a necessary evil occasionally. I do the t4b/T1a arenas, the occasional featured grind, very sparse maintenance/time waster arena, and most of the side event ones. I rarely ever use suicides so it makes it even worse as well.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm at 900k and I just stopped. I'm going to stop at 1Mil. Its okay just to say that this arena isn't worth your time. I've come up to that conclusion and I'm no longer participating.