**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Sunspot Overrated?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    Sunspot is a dud.
    This was confirmed a while back ago
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Nope, fine as is
    I don’t have sunspot personally but if you take him for what he is, a damage focused champion, he’s pretty good. I would really like a 5 or 6 star sunspot. You’ve also got to think about the fact that even if he is a little over rated he’s definitely better than so many champions in this game.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Nope, fine as is
    I have never heard anyone say sunspot is the best mutant in the game. Anyone who likes him actually likes him for wht he does for them. At first glance, he is just a damage champ. But most of the players use him for a lot of stuff after they understand how all he can be played for different stuffs. Hence they value sunspot more than people who dont have him or dont play with him. For them he is overrated whereas regular sunspot players think he is underrated.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Nope, fine as is
    Would u be happy to pull sunspot from a crystal...of course u would and that’s it...some would consider him amongst the best mutants and some wouldn’t...and most of those who like him ,including myself, like him for what he provides which is burst damage and perfect block and those two simple mechanics are enough for a champ to be rated highly
    Nope, fine as is

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Overrated

Am I the only person who thinks Colossus is overated af?

No you are not. So many people call him the best Mutant and it's one of the craziest things I've ever heard. Damage, armor ups, and immunities. Cool, that's great. Now compare it to what Omega, Mags, and AA have and all I think is, "You've gotta be sh*ttin me."
  • centennialcentennial Posts: 77
    edited December 2020
    Nope, fine as is
    I mean Sunspot isn’t one of those guys you just throw a big sp2 with though... maybe he seems overrated because you’re using him the same way you use Longshot... if there’s a damage cap I guess I’d throw a few sp1s and let him go to work with his boosted attack due to the solar flares
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

No you are not. So many people call him the best Mutant and it's one of the craziest things I've ever heard. Damage, armor ups, and immunities. Cool, that's great. Now compare it to what Omega, Mags, and AA have and all I think is, "You've gotta be sh*ttin me."
    Yep 100%

Might have to make a KD type discussion with a really bait title. Maybe something like "Hear me out...Colossus is trash"
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Nope, fine as is
    *Perfect block
    *100% chance to Incinerate
    *Great "Diss track" counter
    *Okay regen counter with masteries
    *huge SP2 damage
    *block penetration
    *high prestige
    *incinerate immune
    *easy to play

Not at the top of the food chain but certainly not overrated TO ME.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

Etjama said:

True. I might as well stop watching KT1's channel after seeing his top 10 mutant list (no offense to him). But to put Colossus as the best mutant is just...wrong.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Nope, fine as is
    Sunspot has the 2nd highest prestige in the game as a 6*, so that alone makes him worth taking up, but he's also a really strong champ. His sig is a bit more valuable than I think most give it credit, the extra charges allows for more flexibility in how you play the champion.

He's no Colossus though, who is quite clearly the best Mutant in the game. My alt runs 4* colossus in AQ, cause he still hits for 40k SP2s.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Nope, fine as is
    Etjama said:

The one thing that makes me put Colossus ahead of any of your examples are his armor ups because they provide one of the most important benefits in end game content... room for error. You're likely going to survive a combo in the face should you mess up and the fact that it comes as a by-product of getting the most damage out of him is priceless.
    No sacrifices. No catches. The more damage you build up, the more protected you are.
    Nope, fine as is
    KRoNX1 said:

• IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    Nope, fine as is
    I run suicides so he’s not that resourceful compared to omega, colossus or domino but his sp2 hits like a train, not even a truck.
  • AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    Nope, fine as is
    Imo he's not Overrated, I like him such much that he's my favourite champ of all time. I absolutely love him.

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

True. I might as well stop watching KT1's channel after seeing his top 10 mutant list (no offense to him). But to put Colossus as the best mutant is just...wrong.
    To be fair, KT1 says he loves Colossus and is very loyal. Can't blame someone for being incredibly loyal to their favorite champ
    That sounds pretty ironic coming from you.
    Nope, fine as is
    There can be only one king and that is sunspot. Seriously , he is called the black king in the comics.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Something i didnt see mentioned is when his incinerates get purified, he gets a chunk of power. This and the heaps of them from the sp2 one shotted 5.2 collector for me when I was fairly new to the game as I kept spamming them back to back
    Nope, fine as is
    GagoH said:

Something i didnt see mentioned is when his incinerates get purified, he gets a chunk of power. This and the heaps of them from the sp2 one shotted 5.2 collector for me when I was fairly new to the game as I kept spamming them back to back

yeah true. I also use this against agent venom, crossbone, vulture , kingpin etc. But for some months it stopped working against Rhulk
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Nope, fine as is
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

That list lacked a lot of Psylocke. Seriously... people need to stop sleeping on her. I might just have to make a post about that. This whole time all she needed was some damage and Apocalypse provides that. Even without apocalypse she has some insane utility.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Nope, fine as is

I've been thinking for months. Maybe mine being unduped is influencing my thought but I really don't see the hype for him. I do love his damage output though.
    CGR2020 said:

If you use Sunspot against an "energy adoption: Fire" Node, he can stack up multiple flare state charges until he gets enough, and throwing sp.2 with at least 5 flare states = Ultimate destruction. I did it against a vulture on the epoch shards side quest, it gave me 70,000+ damage, but I only saw the yellow 7 lol.

Yeah, there's an energy adoption fire+icarus+hot and bothered path in 6.4.4 that sunspot absolutely kills!