**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• DazitmaneDazitmane Posts: 8

In-Game Name: dezzuzu
    Device and Model: pixel 2
    Device Operating System: android 11 October 5 2020 update
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular, T-Mobile usa
    Game Version Installed: 29.1.0
    Game Mode: log in
    Description of the Issue: I keep getting the red weak connection icon when trying to log into the game, even though my connection works for every other app. Sometimes I can get past the login screen, but then the icon returns when I try to do anything else like claim rewards. This has happened since October's update, so I don't know what I should do. I can only play over WiFi, and I've already tried turning off my private DNS and restarting my phone while on cellular. Please help.
  • sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    edited December 2020
    Ign: That Sausage
    Phone: Samsung A20
    Ops software: Android 10
    App: 29.1.0
    Persistent connection issues during boot up of the app, between arena fights, and today, with AQ even connected to wifi. In AQ, could not fight Apocalypse boss on map 5. Seen the pinwheel and connection icon on map screen. Then it went to the load screen and stayed there for a good 4 minutes. I had to force close it.

• Gaug66Gaug66 Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: gaug66
    Device and Model: pixel 3
    Device Operating System: android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular, T-Mobile
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: starting the game on cellular takes about 5 minutes to get to the main screen. Picking a game mode takes about another 5 minutes. Arena is almost entirely unplayable. This problem has been going on since the start of the new November update. This weekend I went to a small family wedding out of state. About 14 hours of total drive time... The perfect time to smash arena... and in that time I was able to do just TWENTY ROUNDS of the 6* arena. That is how long and slow load times and crashes are. This is ridiculous. I am not totally regretting getting any of the Black Friday offers. This is now a 2 month problem.
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    In-Game Name: Ketchup1791
    Device and Model: Galaxy Tab A
    Device Operating System: android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Mode: Everything
    Description: Everything worked fine up until 7:30pm CST on Friday; now I can barely get on. When I do get on; I can't do anything. As soon as the title screen appears; the red connection problem icon appears and it stays there. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to the main menu; if it even gets there at all. If I do manage to get in; selecting and any loading screens that happen causes this same 5-10 minute wait for the non-existant connection error to go away. I can't do AQ this week so far because it's either I can't get on to even go into AQ or my game gets stuck loading the fight and my character loses half of their health. I've only done one fight today for AQ and 2 of my characters are down half health because of this nonsense. FIX IT because the game is 100% unplayable with this happening. My brother; who has the same device and everything, has been having the same issue since then as well.
  • kander7474kander7474 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Kander74
    Device and Model: Lenovo tab M10
    Device Operating System: android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Description: Everything worked fine up until this weekend; now I can barely get on. When I do get on; I can't do anything. As soon as the title screen appears; the red connection problem icon appears and it stays there. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to the main menu; if it even gets there at all. If I do manage to get in; selecting and any loading screens that happen causes this same 5-10 minute wait for the non-existant connection error to go away.
  • K1aymationK1aymation Posts: 12

This is just getting ridiculous, the game always crashes after maintenance and updates. It was working fine for a bit and now it's back to a wifi only game, data connection simply isnt stable enoguh. Even more BS is when I finally was able to log in (numerous attempt for the past 2 hrs with spotty connected, lag, disconnect) I beat the AQ fight but instead i lost half my HP and have to do the fight again as it went disconnected after the fight won. No explanation nor any patches to fix the issue, the least you can do kabam is read the forum, refund us the pots we use. After all, we are your bread and butter for without us there is no kabam.

This is me for the last 2 hrs, I cant any content. Period, scn just spins and I drained 20% of phone battery waiting and waiting.....
    I have 2 accounts and play on both iOS and android. Both have same issue, so it definitely isnt a hardware issue. Just acknowledge it's a game issue and the servers you're using isnt working, the game makes enough revenue to get better servers and all the players deserves better treatment than silence as it doesnt solve the issue and only piss us off further. Kabam should just focus on fixing bugs instead of keep introducing new features, champs, side quests, etc as it's pointless if none of us can play, stability is the thing we want and yet the game had sucked since the Nov update. Kabam you better fix it soon before more decides to stop playing
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    This latest update is absolutely awful. After 2 or 3 fights, my device completely bogs down and I have to force close the game and restart. Older tablet (android 7), but for months now I've had a reasonable amount of time to play before everything slows to crawl. It's basically unplayable at this point.
  • 11993451199345 Posts: 341 ★★★
    2 things are painfully obvious after the past 2 months:

1) The connection issues, freezing, and lag aren't getting fixed.

2) We won't be getting any compensation for our losses.

Time to move on...
  • Berc_Berc_ Posts: 2
    Same things been happening to me for up to 6-8 months now and I'm tired of sending tickets to complain and also spending time and money to get units to heal back up. Anytime I click the fight button in AQ, it stays loading endlessly until I manually restart the game myself and boom I've lost half the health of my champions. Please do something about this cause I'm on the verge of quitting as I'm tired of this bug ruining AQ for me. @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

DEVICE DETAILS
    In-game name : Bercouli001
    Device name: Tecno Camon 12
    Model : Tecno CC7
    Android version : 9
    Game version: 29.1.0
  • BobbyD87BobbyD87 Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    In-Game Name: Bobbyd487
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
    Device Operating System: android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular, T-Mobile usa
    Game Mode: log in
    Description of the Issue: Everytime im on cellular data, i can not log in to the game. This has happened since October's update, so I don't know what I should do. I can only play over WiFi. I cant get in when im not home on wifi and it is affecting modes like alliance quest and alliance war.
  • Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    In-Game Name: Ayushk12
    Device and Model: OnePlus 7Pro
    Device Operating System: 10
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi/ cellular
    Game Mode: All
    Description of issue : Constant network issues when on cellular data. Network speed is not an issue as I can stream live videos at max resolution. Tried this when the game shows error and disconnects.
  • Abhro12_3Abhro12_3 Posts: 40
    Well I had problem for last 2 days
    Now it's ok.
    Thanks Kabam !!!!

I have buy pots daily to start my AQ fight coz I lose half hp from this stupid lag/disconnect issue every time. Kabam you need to really fix this **** as it costing me unnecessary resources for simple fight(i cant even get pots as this lag is ****) All AQ fights lag, cant play any content at all, nothing works via cellular. This will get me kicked off my alliance for no fault of my own, if this is how you treat your customers and loyal players then you will lose many as this is just unacceptable with zero follow up, even simple acknowledgement of the issue. Refunding all the items use for this **** issue should be a necessary
  • In-Game Name: ReAnimatorPDX
    Device and Model: LG V60
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Bith
    Game Version Installed: 1091048
    Description of the Issue: The biggest issue I'm having lately is with controls. Instead of blocking my champion with attach. Or instead of attacking the champion will dex. This happens randomly and
    it makes it very difficult to win fights. It's especially frustrating when I get KO in AQ or AW because of it as it affects the whole alliance.

Unrelated but also an issue is the audio lag when using BT devices as others have started.
    Kabam has phoned it in, they don't care...
  • DeckardRJDeckardRJ Posts: 43

My FPS lel?
  • CLOVERSHOTCLOVERSHOT Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: CLOVERSHOT
    Device and Model: Revvl 2 by T-Mobile
    Device Operating System: Andriod 8
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Quests
    Description of the Issue: when fighting in the new quest (not in the the varient version) If I go to the last chapter (joe fixit's chapter) and when I fight the aptiod on the left path it leaves me in the louding screen permanetly and now I can't play the game. When I shut down the game and reopen it forces me to join the match then it forever loads.( I know becuse my phone is slow and it always lags but this time it's smoother than butter) Please fix this I want my account back I just bought a 5 doller pack right before for units and I feel like this is how Im getting scamed. Curse you Kabam Miike and to hell with you slow glitchy scamy game.
    Description of the Issue: when fighting in the new quest (not in the the varient version) If I go to the last chapter (joe fixit's chapter) and when I fight the aptiod on the left path it leaves me in the louding screen permanetly and now I can't play the game. When I shut down the game and reopen it forces me to join the match then it forever loads.( I know becuse my phone is slow and it always lags but this time it's smoother than butter) Please fix this I want my account back I just bought a 5 doller pack right before for units and I feel like this is how Im getting scamed. Curse you Kabam Miike and to hell with your team's stupid slow glitchy scamy game.

Description of the Issue: when fighting in the new quest (not in the the varient version) If I go to the last chapter (joe fixit's chapter) and when I fight the aptiod on the left path it leaves me in the louding screen permanetly and now I can't play the game. When I shut down the game and reopen it forces me to join the match then it forever loads.( I know becuse my phone is slow and it always lags but this time it's smoother than butter) Please fix this I want my account back I just bought a 5 doller pack right before for units and I feel like this is how Im getting scamed. Curse you Kabam Miike and to hell with your team's stupid slow glitchy scamy game.

Edit: it's all symbiods that do this
  • In-Game Name: xDreamspawnX
    Device and Model: Moto G Stylus by MetroPcs
    Device Operating System: Andriod 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Data
    Game Mode: Quests/PVP
    Description of the Issue: When logging in it takes well over 5 minutes to pass the first loafing screen. Quests as well as PVP both time out on me as well very frequently, and when I say frequently, it's every other fight/action I do. I'm also going to attach a photo of what it said when I reinstalled the game. Please fix, cause my data reception for other apps are perfectly fine!
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    I have a question for everyone here about this. I play 3 games on my device and my brother plays 3 device. I play this, DBZ Dokkan, and PR Legacy Wars. He plays this, Dokkan, and DB Legends. MCoC, Dokkan, and Legacy Wars are all connected to Google Play while DB Legends isn't. Guess which game hasn't been having connection issues? Legends. He hasn't linked that game to his Google Play account and it runs perfectly. Every other game he have doesn't and they're all account linked to Google Play. So do any of you play other games and are they linked? A part of me wants to think it's a Google Play issue.
  • In-Game name: 마블명예회장
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
    Device OS: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version: updated version

few month ago,
    When I playing mcoc Everymoment.
    I don't know what's problem in my phone or game.
    Game is have many network error and Many Issues
    ASAP help Its been a long time. I just wanna play
    this game easily. Kabam plz help US.
    My english is so bad.. but I Love kabam company.
    Have a great time, and Make MCOC Great Again..:)
    Have a Nice day Ladies and Gentleman.
  • SchmooSchmoo Posts: 19
    Schmoo said:

Name: The Schmoo
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular (WiFi works fine)
    Game version: 29.0.0
    Game mode: All modes
    Description:
    Hey Kabam, since I've heard nothing since my November 12, 2020 post about this problem and the problem remains the same, I'm reposting: "When I'm on my cellular network, it's virtually impossible to logon. It keeps freezing and telling me that the connection is lost, even though that is not the case and I have 4 or 5 bars and all other apps are working fine. This does not happen when I'm on wifi. Please help!"

Ok Kabam, this is really ridiculous. This has now gone on for over a month. No problem on wifi, but virtually impossible to connect on cellular networks (I use Sprint, btw). I see numerous others posting about the same issues. When will this be addressed? Or will you just continue ignoring it in the hope that it goes away?
  • Ron12Ron12 Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: Spider-Mae
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy J7 prime
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Only when I'm using WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 29.1.0
    Description of the Issue: I can't log in when using WiFi and take hours to get in again, but I can use other apps and the connection is fine, it's the game.
  • In-Game Name: HaywoodJasukit
    Device and Model: Samsung J7
    Device Operating System: Andriod 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. I even setup aggressive WiFi/cell handover and keep my mobile network on behind the WiFi.
    Game Mode: All, including store, crystals
    Description of the Issue: Game is crashing. I've been running the monthly quests, Mulaney quest, and arenas for the most part. The game has crashed 20+ times in the last 48 hrs. Doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of a fight, or even in a quest at all. It has shut down while needing around in the store. The screen goes to faint black and takes me to my phone's home screen. I have to click and load the app back up. Most the time when I'm in a fight and it happens, it asks if I want to continue and usually restarts the match as if nothing had happened. I haven't had issues with coming back with less health. I have however had some lag issues that seem to happen at the very start of the match. When it hits right before that crucial point of first contact, I usually end up eating a combo. That can be a pain when you just used a revive or health and get knocked out without having chance. I don't want or care about compensation. There have been issues for almost as long as I've been playing, but you just learn to take it. It is what it is, and I keep playing. I am however getting a little annoyed with having to restart the game over and over. 20+ times in less than a couple days is a bit much. If the powers that be, could give some feedback, update, or status, in this situation, well..., that would be cool. Other than that, I like what you guys have been doing and the steps you're taking to finally make this game about the players.
    edited December 2020
    Trying something new with the connection issues: we know TMobile/Sprint is IPv6 only, and the game seems to only work on IPv4. I'll switch my new APN to IPv4 only AND keep global chat active and running in the background. Since the connection to their server keeps getting dropped, in theory, global SHOULD keep an active, open, constant connection to the server (assuming the game and global chat run on the same server)...

It seems to be working...Long-term results TBD...