**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Sentinel Any Good

Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

just got this little fella from a 6* crystal, how good is he? have no experience with him and have seen no gameplay of him

Comments

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Well I don’t know if my answer is relevant anymore. It looks like sentinel is leaving you.

he just cant seem to get happy anymore
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    He is amazing. He destroys mutants and shines particularly in variant content, especially the Mutant and XL variants. He has a lot of utility, healblock and armour break on Sp 1, a little bit of regen on the sp3, double immunities, access to energy damage on heavies and sp2 and he is very tanky which can help when you slip up here or there. On top of all that his damage is really good once he is ramped up to 100 analysis. I know people who used him extensively completing as well as exploring deep into act 6.

HIs build up unawakened is a little awkward. You want to do M-L-L-L combos into the opponent's block as much as possible to build sentinel's analysis charges. You can also throw his sp1 into the opponents block to rapidly build some analysis, this works because unlike most champions sentinel's sp1 animation throws him back so far opponents usually can't retaliate immediately. Other than that he is pretty straight forward to play, spam sp2 for damage and sp 1 for heal block and armour break utility
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Well, I’ll answer it anyways in case he comes back to you.

Sentinel is a very underrated tech and has been a fan favorite of mine since I pulled him. Sentinel is ridiculously tanky and has some of the highest armor rating in the game.

Analysis charges do take a bit of time to rack up if you aren’t fighting a mutant, but they’re still pretty easy to get. Getting him awakened can allow him to build up charges. I usually build up charges by doing MLLL on the opponent’s block then I back up and find an opportunity to repeat until I get to 100. Each analysis charge reduces the power cost of specials, increases your attack rating, and also makes sentinel even tankier than he already is.

Sentinel has some really solid utility as well. Easy access to shock, armor breaks, incinerate, double immunities, and a really lengthy heal block on the sp1. Sentinel also has a somewhat solid regen but it takes 2 sp3s to reach. Sentinels damage primarily comes from from building up analysis charges, heavy shock, and sp2 incinerates. At max analysis you’re probably hitting 1k non crit light attacks with an r4 5*. With crits you’re probably hitting 2.5k crits on light attacks and mediums you’re going to be hitting 3.5k and 1.5k with crits and non crits respectively. Due to sentinel only losing a small amount of power per special, you’re probably gonna be hitting a lot of those too.

Overall sentinel is a tanky beast with really solid utility and damage. Definitely worth taking up.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Oh yeah, he also dominates in Variant 2, V3, and most likely V6 because Sentinel is tagged as #Villian
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    I like how he said little fella
  • monkeysmonkeys Posts: 10
    edited December 2020

Well, I’ll answer it anyways in case he comes back to you.

Sentinel is a very underrated tech and has been a fan favorite of mine since I pulled him. Sentinel is ridiculously tanky and has some of the highest armor rating in the game.

Overall sentinel is a tanky beast with really solid utility and damage. Definitely worth taking up.

Great overall summary of the champ. Sentinel is a great 6* champ too since the awakened ability just gives you 20 analysis charges if the defenders throws two specials of the same in a row and more resistance to power drain.

Warlock greatly diminished his status in the contest to many, but as stated above he can put in a lot of work. Biohazard nodes, mutants (except for the magnetos), healing nodes, and the variants as mentioned make him worthy of ranking up.

In my opinion, Sentinel would be back up near the top of the list for Tech if he was able to carry over some of the analysis charges from fight to fight. Building up the analysis charges (especially against cosmic) is the major complaint have in fighting with him. Imagine being able to start multiple fights with 100 analysis charges!

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Sentinel is a great champ. I'm close to forming a tech t5cc, mine will go to R3 when I get the final shards. Double immume, healblock, massive incineration, spam specials, super tanky, and slays mutants. What's not to like?